Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12G use as a SDI Monitor

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

fredoyf

Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12G use as a SDI Monitor

PostTue Mar 21, 2023 11:39 am

Good morning,

I have been trying to use a Blackmagic Design Video Assist 7" 12G at work that was provided for use to view SDI video outputting from a video server. So far I have been unable to see anything and the Blackmagic Video Assist has not displayed any video on the screen. I do not have any storage devices attached to the monitor such as an external hard drive or SD card. IS it possible to use the Blackmagic Design Video Assist 7" 12G as just a monitor without an SD card or hard drive attached?

carlomacchiavello

Re: Blackmagic Design Video Assist 12G use as a SDI Monitor

PostTue Mar 28, 2023 5:21 pm

fredoyf wrote:Good morning,

I have been trying to use a Blackmagic Design Video Assist 7" 12G at work that was provided for use to view SDI video outputting from a video server. So far I have been unable to see anything and the Blackmagic Video Assist has not displayed any video on the screen. I do not have any storage devices attached to the monitor such as an external hard drive or SD card. IS it possible to use the Blackmagic Design Video Assist 7" 12G as just a monitor without an SD card or hard drive attached?
Are you sure that video server give you a valid video signal for va? Cable is good.
I bought my first Videoassist4K like sdi monitor for camera, never record with it, with except from x-T4 from hdmi

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Getting Started