Any known compatibility issues with Intel MacOS 12.2.1?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

MissCatD

Any known compatibility issues with Intel MacOS 12.2.1?

PostSat May 13, 2023 12:31 pm

Good evening.

I am predictably a new user, and this is my first time using a Black Magic Design product. I have searched every corner of the internet for an answer to this dilemma, and have had no luck. All help is graciously appreciated.

First. I currently run an Intel-based Hackintosh/CustoMac. Details listed below and in attached screenshot...
CPU: Intel Core i7-6700k 4GHz Quad-Core
RAM: 16gb 3200 MHz DDR4
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800xt 16gb

My product specs include...
Product: Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K Capture Card
Driver Revision: Blackmagic_Desktop_Video_Macintosh_12.4.2
PCIe Slot: x4
Attached Devices: Nintendo Switch OLED / Samsung TV

So today, I received my 'Black Magic Design Intensity Pro 4K" capture card, plugged it into one of my PCIe x4 slots, booted up my computer, installed the latest listed version 12.4.2 drivers, adjusted the "Security & Privacy" settings, as instructed, and reboot. The card gets hot and its fan runs consistently, but so far no external video is being picked up in 3rd-parry software, and booting up 'Desktop Video Setup,' accomplishes nothing. I receive an exhausting, "No Desktop Video Device Detected." While having my Nintendo Switch OLED/Doc cabled to my HDMI input, and an external tv cabled to my HDMI output, I'm not even getting any passthrough video or audio.

Any information that I can find regarding even a similar issue appears to be exclusive to the Intensity Pro 4K's previous incompatibility with Big Sur, which is of course a bit dated, by now. I could attempt the manual Terminal fix to delete the associated BlackMagic Kext, but if there is a more updated and guaranteed solution that exists first, I rather not go messing around with kext files.

Please let me know if there might be any specific reason or theory as to why the PCIe card is not being recognized on my computer. All help very appreciated.
Thank you.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 5.16.32 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-05-13 at 5.16.32 AM.png (330.47 KiB) Viewed 3640 times

carlomacchiavello

Re: Any known compatibility issues with Intel MacOS 12.2.1?

PostMon May 15, 2023 8:58 pm

Remove this driver and try with 11.6, work better on Monterey.
Latest driver if I remember correctly are for Monterey under arm cpu.
I had similar situation of your and with 11.6 work fine.

Inviato dal mio iPad utilizzando Tapatalk

MissCatD

PostSat Jun 17, 2023 7:45 am

carlomacchiavello wrote:Remove this driver and try with 11.6, work better on Monterey.
Latest driver if I remember correctly are for Monterey under arm cpu.
I had similar situation of your and with 11.6 work fine.

No luck. I tried this older driver, along with a few others, and same issue with all of them. "No Desktop Video Device Detected." I have a dual-boot computer, so decidedly booted up Windows, to see if I could at least get it to work, on there. Nothing. Just another, "No Desktop Video Device Detected."

Another irritant, is that I have started experiencing Bluetooth issues, on boot, ever since installing this card into my board. Anyone else experience a similar problem?

This is extremely frustrating. Especially since my return window may have just expired. Sigh.

MissCatD

PostSun Jun 18, 2023 6:19 am

So after countless, countless hours of troubleshooting, I discovered that...

1. Changing the PCIe Slot made the card recognizable with successful capture and passthrough, using the latest drivers + Streamlabs, in Windows 10.
2. After changing the PCIe Slot, the latest MacOS drivers still do not recognize the card.
3. After changing the PCIe Slot, using the recommended MacOS Drivers 11.6 allows the card to be recognized, but Streamlabs completely refuses to boot, so long as the driver is installed. OBS boots, but no capture.
4. If I use the MacOS Drivers 12.2, the card is recognizable and Streamlabs boots! Progress! The card is also recognized as a Source and a Video Capture Device, in Streamlabs and OBS, but... also no capture. No Video Capture, no Audio Capture, and still no passthrough. Sigh.

I've been at this, all day. I have uninstalled and reinstalled everything, and reset my computer, countless times. I am at such a loss. I don't know why I cannot get this card to work, on MacOS Monterey.

Any more suggestions?

carlomacchiavello

PostWed Jul 26, 2023 9:16 pm

Try this

Eric-Jan

PostSat Jul 29, 2023 11:48 pm

So the first issue was a lane conflict with other hardware in the computer, the YT video is to remove old drivers in a good fashion ? (on an official mac os)
Intensity Shuttle, ATEM Mini, Video Assist 5"(mini USB), Hyperdeck ShuttleHD,Analog to SDI mini-converter, software: Davinci Resolve 15 on Sierra, Resolve 18 on Catalina. (Using Apple OS 32 & 64 bit on different MacBook Pro's

Return to Getting Started