Blackmagic Video Assist Feature Request

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

bibyjacob

Blackmagic Video Assist Feature Request

PostMon May 22, 2023 2:15 pm

Hi everyone!

I work in a Rental House und we are looking for new Monitor to use als playback device on Set.
We use to used de PIX E-7 until now. The Idea is that the Video Operator has a device that record the footage in case that the director want to have a playback of a take, because usually is not possible or is quicker that have the replay on the Camera.

We wanted to replace our Pix E-7 for BM Video Assist, and I like the Idea to use the Blackmagic Video Assist, because they are light, bright, it have the option to introduce Slate information, and it can use an SD instead if SSD.

But our clients still prefer the old Pix because they are the only devices with the following functions:
- They can easy use the Slate information to search for a File to replay
- They can mark an in point during the recording, to mark the start of the actual shot
- They can replay the footage on faster speed (2x. 4x. 8x,...)

I wanted to ask if this Options are already available on your devices and where (I searched the manual and didn't find them) and if not, I would be really nice if you could implement this features on your devices :)
Thanks a lot!

PS: Sorry if I posted that on the wrong place, I didn't find a subforum for the Monitors :)

Return to Getting Started