Critical problem with a payment - I need help

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

HerikPuchi

Critical problem with a payment - I need help

PostSat May 27, 2023 9:26 pm

Hello Blackmagic friends.

I need help and assistance.
Today 05/27/2023 I tried to buy your Davinci Resolve Studio software but your page showed me this error at checkout:
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-27 174911.png
Captura de pantalla 2023-05-27 174911.png (11.21 KiB) Viewed 4573 times

The payment was debited from my account but I did not receive the email to activate the product. Apparently there was an error when making the purchase. I currently live in Argentina. I did not buy the software through the providers you recommend because they have extremely high costs, almost double. That's why I made the purchase through its official page directly.

Please, if possible, send me the activation data by email or if you can't sell me the software, I need you to return the money you debited from my account.

I have all the payment details of the bank and any additional information that you need.

I will be waiting for your prompt response and assistance. Thank you so much!

Peter Chamberlain

Blackmagic Design

Re: Critical problem with a payment - I need help

PostMon May 29, 2023 5:05 am

The email address in the message is clear.
The USA office will ask for proof of payment and then check their records to confirm but given we don't have an active offer in Argentina i cant see why PayPal or others would complete a transaction.
DaVinci Resolve Product Manager

HerikPuchi

PostMon May 29, 2023 5:15 am

Hi Peter Chamberlain
Thanks for your quick response. The money was blocked for almost 8 hours but the funds have already been returned to my bank account. It is a pity that you cannot sell the software from your website. The providers in my country offer the program at more than double the price. I have the money and I tried to buy but it couldn't. So I will continue with the free version until you change your policies and allow us from Argentina to buy the software from your official website.

BMD Web Engineering

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Jun 15, 2023 6:31 am

Hi Herik,

Argentina has been added to the list of countries supported by our web store. You are now able to purchase DaVinci Resolve Studio online, directly from Blackmagic Design.

Please ensure you select 'Argentina' from the "Your Country" drop down on the initial "Checkout - Review your Order" page.

For all people wondering- we only support sales in countries listed in the drop down. If your payment details do not match the selected country, the purchase will fail.

There is a lot of ground work that goes into selling in a given country- there are sales tax, duty and tax reporting requirements that must be taken into account.

We are adding countries as quickly as we are able to get the processes in place.

Thanks for your support and understanding!

Martin

717mellow

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 4:52 pm

Hi there, I received the same error message yesterday. I tried twice, and the money was taken from my account twice.

I’m in Canada, which as far as I know, is on the list of allowed countries.

Can you please help with this?

Thanks in advance.

MitchTheBoss

PostMon Jan 15, 2024 7:26 pm

I am in Canada and have had this same issue this past weekend.
I am trying to use DaVinci to colour a project. All the files are in a Canon codec that is unsupported by the free version.

I tried to pay for it through the website several times, and even tried using someone else’s card. The problem is, it never worked. It would just debit the account then credit it back, and I’d get that payment failed screen. One of the charges on the other persons card (higher price by $53) was not credited, and I still didn’t get a successful payment.

I have tried emailing and calling several times. Their customer service is terrible for such a big company.
I need this urgently as the project deadline is approaching quickly.

Please help!

717mellow

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 4:47 pm

Hey Mitch, I got a reply from their support team via email (see below). It’s a silly response which doesn’t help whatsoever because I highly doubt it’s an issue with PayPal or my bank. I’ve used this same credit card with PayPal many, many times in the past. On my online banking, the money shows as a “pending transaction”, which hopefully means I’ll get it back. Sounds like I have to wait up to 30 days though. Apparently there’s a list of authorized resellers on BlackMagic’s website, I’m gonna try to see if getting it from one of them works instead.

This is the response I got from BlackMagic Support:

Thanks for contacting Blackamgic Design.

We do not have any Resolve orders under your name, so it's likely that the orders did not go through completely. You can try contacting PayPal or your credit card company to cancel the orders, but they are usually automatically cancelled and refunded within 30 days. There must've been an issue between PayPal and your bank, perhaps the bank placed the funds on hold. It's important that your PayPal account and credit card are verified if you try purchasing it again. Otherwise, you can contact an authorized reseller to make the purchase. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Reggieros

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Peter Chamberlain wrote:The email address in the message is clear.
The USA office will ask for proof of payment and then check their records to confirm but given we don't have an active offer in Argentina i cant see why PayPal or others would complete a transaction.

Verifying actions is key. Without an active offer in Argentina, use caution, as payment proof may be required for completion.

Return to Getting Started