Video Assist + Panasonic S5IIX

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Finster

Video Assist + Panasonic S5IIX

PostMon Jun 05, 2023 4:32 pm

Just got the Panasonic S5IIX as my B-camera. Super excited to use it to record BRAW.

Plugged everything in, but I'm not getting a signal. Nothing appears on the monitor, other than the display info. My SmallHD monitor, however, works fine.

Is this because Panasonic hasn't released the firmware update yet allowing for RAW data output over HDMI? I mean, I get that I cannot record until the firmware update comes out (June 13th), but shouldn't I at least be able to use the video assist as a viewing monitor, like the SmallHD?

dondidnod

Re: Video Assist + Panasonic S5IIX

PostTue Jun 20, 2023 4:33 am

S5II 2.0 firmware features:

New functions and options to be available with the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2
An [Activation] function has been added which enables the use of extended functions using the Upgrade Software Key DMW-SFU2. The following functions will be added by activating the Upgrade Software Key.
– [5.9K] / [4.1K] / [Anamorphic (4:3) 3.5K] 12-bit RAW video data can be output over HDMI to Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR and Blackmagic Video Assist 7″ 12G HDR, to be recorded as Blackmagic RAW.
* DaVinci Resolve or DaVinci Resolve Studio is required to play back and DaVinci Resolve Studio to edit Blackmagic RAW data.
* Selectable recording mode depends on the firmware version of Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR, Blackmagic Video Assist 7″ 12G HDR and DaVinci Resolve Studio.
Please refer to the Blackmagic Design website for the information on the corresponding firmware version of Blackmagic Video Assist 5″ 12G HDR and Blackmagic Video Assist 7″ 12G HDR.
* All functions may not be available depending on the situation.

Panasonic releases LUMIX S5II and S5IIx firmware updat

https://www.l-rumors.com/panasonic-rele ... are-updat/

This upgrade also enables recording 4K60 video with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling to an external recorder over HDMI, as well as internal 4K30/24 video recording with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling.

Panasonic DMW-SFU2 Lumix S1 Filmmaker V-Log Upgrade Software Key $139 USD

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... maker.html

Return to Getting Started