Getting clips from the Camera App

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

nos402

Getting clips from the Camera App

PostMon Oct 23, 2023 6:12 am

I just started messing with the BlackMagic Camera App for iOS which seems really cool! Is there a way to get the clips from my phone to Resolve using the free cloud account or is that only possible with a paid account?

As it stands, it seems camera clips are uploaded to "Private Storage" on BM Cloud and I can't see anyway to get them into Resolve from cloud (aside from downloading them manually, in which case I may as well just upload them from Camera to Dropbox which auto-syncs with my desktop PC).

I'm just trying to figure out what use the free BM Cloud account is other than clip backup, I guess?

Thanks! Also is there a Camera App in-depth manual somewhere? I have not yet been able to find one.

AniPandit

Re: Getting clips from the Camera App

PostSat Dec 02, 2023 6:43 pm

I too would love an in-depth manual. I've reached out to BMC customer service about some very basic questions and they have been unable to answer them.

STLKR films

PostTue Jan 16, 2024 8:43 pm

Don’t know if this is what you are looking for but you can also connect an ssd to your phone with USB-C. Then you can copy the clips from the BM app to the external ssd fairly quick. Only “problem” is that there is no way to select multiple clips for this proces.

vilashneha

PostWed Jan 17, 2024 7:04 am

Hey nos402,
It's recommended to manually download from private storage and upload to resolve. The free BM cloud account mainly serves as a backup. Regarding an in-depth manual, there isn't a specific one mentioned. AniPandit faced similar challenges with BMC customer service. STLKR films suggests connecting an SSD to your phone via USB-C for quicker clip transfer, though selecting multiple clips might be a limitation.

Return to Getting Started