UltraStudio 4K for DSK

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

DidiKunz

UltraStudio 4K for DSK

PostSat Oct 20, 2012 1:38 pm

Hello, I am thinking about buying an UltraStudio 4K, when it is available, but I don't find the informations I was looking for on the website, therefore here my question:

Will the UltraStudio 4K, like the Extreme 3D card, be able to have a fill and key out, or is it like the Duo just two discrete channels? What about internal keying in HD?

I don't realy need the 4K capability instestead I would like it for downstream keying like the Extreme 3D, that I own. So is it the right choice?

Joshua Helling

Blackmagic Design

Re: UltraStudio 4K for DSK

PostMon Oct 22, 2012 6:33 pm

It's not like the duo with discrete outputs. It's more like the Decklink HD Extreme 3D+. And as far as I know it will have the keying abilities, but i'd have to confirm for sure with the Product manager.
Joshua Helling

Director of World Wide Support
Blackmagic Design Inc.

DidiKunz

PostWed Oct 24, 2012 1:16 pm

Joshua Helling wrote:It's not like the duo with discrete outputs. It's more like the Decklink HD Extreme 3D+. And as far as I know it will have the keying abilities, but i'd have to confirm for sure with the Product manager.

Then it will be the perfect match for my needs. Thank you very much!!!

DidiKunz

PostWed Mar 13, 2013 1:51 pm

Joshua Helling wrote:It's not like the duo with discrete outputs. It's more like the Decklink HD Extreme 3D+. And as far as I know it will have the keying abilities, but i'd have to confirm for sure with the Product manager.

Were you able to confirm with the product manager?

Return to Getting Started