Issue with DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder on Fullscreen Apps

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Gabby16bit

Issue with DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder on Fullscreen Apps

PostThu Jan 18, 2024 9:25 pm

Hello Blackmagic Community,

I'm currently using a DeckLink Quad HDMI Recorder setup and encountering a peculiar issue. My setup includes the DeckLink attached to a Sonnet, which is then connected to a Mac Ultra M2. The purpose is to record video feeds from two sources: my Sony A7S II camera and a desktop PC (featuring an Nvidia 3080 GPU and Intel i9 processor).

To capture the desktop feed, I've configured the settings to merge the output of my monitor with the capture card. However, I'm experiencing a recurring issue when launching fullscreen applications. Sporadically, for a brief moment (about one frame), my desktop screen appears. This issue only arises when the DeckLink is connected via HDMI to my PC. It's quite frustrating, especially during seamless recording sessions.

Has anyone else encountered a similar problem, or does anyone have any suggestions for troubleshooting this? I'm wondering if it's a setting issue or something more complex.

Thank you in advance for your insights and assistance!

Return to Getting Started