How to convert free version of Resolve to the paid version

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

mikemyers

How to convert free version of Resolve to the paid version

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 9:43 am

I downloaded and installed the full version of Resolve on my "work" computer, and also downloaded the free version of Resolve on my personal MacBook Pro. This was in mid-2022.

I want to replace my "free" version now on my laptop with a second "full" version.

Question #1 - before I install the full version on my laptop, should I remove the free version?

Question #2 - how can I recover my "product key" for the paid version?

Charles Bennett

Re: How to convert free version of Resolve to the paid versi

PostFri Jan 19, 2024 1:58 pm

Yes, you should remove the free version first.
For the paid version you should either have a card with the Activation code on it, or should have received an email with it on. There is no other way to recover the code. The card should be looked on as cash. As an example, here's mine with the important sentence highlighted.
Activation Code.jpg
Activation Code.jpg (237.53 KiB) Viewed 1301 times

If I misunderstand you and you are asking about de-authorizing one computer so that you can authorize the second computer, you don't have to as you can have two computers activated at any one time.
Resolve Studio 19.0b1 build 20
Dell XPS 8700 i7-4790, 24GB RAM, 2 x Evo 860 SSDs, GTX1060/6GB (551.86 Studio Driver), Win10 Home (22H2), Speed Editor, Faderport mk1, Eizo ColorEdge CS230 + BenQ GW2270 + Samsung SA200, Canon C100mk2, Zoom H2n.

Return to Getting Started