Need for FAQ for each of your products please

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

IstvanOnFire

Need for FAQ for each of your products please

PostMon Apr 08, 2024 7:41 am

Hi !
Would be beneficial for booth sides. For Blackmagic Design and Customers,
if there is an FAQ for each product.

For fast building the FAQs. Just ask an AI like Gemini.google.com a question.
Then Blackmagic Design just needs to "check" and "correct" the answer and publish it.

In my case, I want to know "how" to record the output of Camera -> Ultimatte.
Gemini tells me,
    External Recorder: You can connect the Ultimatte's output to a video recorder like a Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio.
    Software with Capture Card: Use software like Aximmetry with a Blackmagic Decklink capture card.

Very fast finding info, so I think "Record Ultimatte footage" is possible with these ways
1. Camera -> Ultimatte -> Hyperdeck Studio
2. Camera -> Ultimatte -> Capture Card
and this?
3. Camera -> Ultimatte -> Atem Mini Pro ISO / Extreme -> Video Assist
and what about this ?
4. 3. Camera -> Ultimatte -> Video Assist

Code: Select all
Question to Gemini:  blackmagic ultimatte, how to record footage?

Answer from Gemini:
The Blackmagic Ultimatte itself doesn't have the ability to record footage. However, there are a couple of ways to capture the keyed video output for editing or use in other programs:

External Recorder: You can connect the Ultimatte's output to a video recorder like a Blackmagic Hyperdeck Studio. This recorder will capture the final video with the green screen removed and the background composited in.

Software with Capture Card: Use software like Aximmetry with a Blackmagic Decklink capture card. This allows you to capture both the keyed video and the alpha channel (transparency information) from the Ultimatte. This gives you more flexibility for editing later.

Here are some additional points to consider:

Recording Key & Fill Outputs: If you want to record the foreground (key) and background (fill) separately for even more editing freedom, this functionality isn't directly supported by the Ultimatte or most recorders. You'd need specialized software like Aximmetry.
Editing Software Compatibility: Ensure your editing software can handle video with an alpha channel if you choose to record it this way.
For a more detailed breakdown of workflow options, you can check out these resources:

Blackmagic Design Ultimatte forum thread on recording keyed footage: [Blackmagic Design Ultimatte forum recording keyed footage ON forum.blackmagicdesign.com]
Information about Aximmetry software: [Aximmetry software ON aximmetry.com]

thx

Return to Getting Started