ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher, Media express - No device

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Janne

ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher, Media express - No device

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 11:37 am

I have just bought a ATEM 1 M/E production switcher. I try to recording using Media Express on my MacBookPro Retina 15.
I connected the MacBookPro through USB 3. But Media Express says that it can not find any device "No device connected" (have all the latest updates).
I've tried to disconnect the USB 3 cable and power cable to the ATEM 1 - nothing happens. What to do?

Jan

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: ATEM 1 M/E Production Switcher, Media express - No devic

PostTue Oct 30, 2012 9:48 pm

Hello Jan,

Sorry for the confusion.

Our USB 3.0 products currently only support PC (we have PC specs listed on the support section of our page). We are hoping to support USB 3.0 on Mac in the near future.

Otherwise, if your Mac has Thunderbolt, you can use our Intensity Extreme or Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt and capture the HDMI program out of the ATEM to this Mac. Of course, that is another hardware component.

In the meantime, I will be happy to relog the request for USB 3.0 support on Mac.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

Janne

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm

How close in the future is the support for USB 3 on mac, do you think?

Jan

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

PostWed Oct 31, 2012 4:51 pm

Hello Jan,

Due to engineering and development time, this really has no exact time frame. However, it has been a huge request ever since Apple announced USB 3.0 support.

I will make sure to relog this request!
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

filor

PostWed Dec 05, 2012 4:57 pm

i have the same problem on my ASUS K53SM. Any idea how to make it work?

Xtreemtec

PostSat Jan 19, 2013 1:06 pm

Just wondering..

I found on the internet that you are able to install windows on a Mac using bootcamp. (intel based mac's only)

I found somewere that the new Mac mini has 4 USB 3 port based on a ivy bridge. I have seen other reports people getting USB 3 on ivy bridge products working..

Wondering if this could / would be a option for Mac users at the moment. I'm not a Apple user. (alltrough i have a iPhone) But could be worth to try for someone that has a newer intel based Mac with USB 3

A Mac Mini would be small enough to fit into the rack were most rentals have there ATEM stored in. ;)

Just me 2 cents.
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control

Return to Getting Started