Hyperdeck Shuttle 2

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Mariano

Hyperdeck Shuttle 2

PostTue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 pm

Hi,

I`m very excited about the new prores 4:2:2 HQ support on the hyperdeck shuttle 2 and would love to buy it, but there`s one thing I see as very important feature for a future update. Currently the SDI/HDMI output is just a loop through, but as we only have the illumination status of the buttons as indication if it is indeed recording, it would be nice if we could enable/disable an on screen display over the SDI/HDMI out. The Hyperdecks are used in and on all kinds of rigs, it is not always possible to see the buttons, for example with remote heads, Steadicams etc. This on screen feature could be activated by "long presses" of any button on the hyperdeck. What do you guys think?

Best regards,

Mariano

Mariano

Re: Hyperdeck Shuttle 2

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Hey Mariano,

very good idea, dude, this way you can check the status without ever having to look onto those tiny buttons you can`t read in daylight anyway - just see, people are raving like mad about this idea, even those Blackmagic folks are commenting on it like there`s no tomorrow...

Mariano

Baz

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 11:43 pm

Split personality maybe...? .... anyhow, there is a 'display button' on it that hasn't yet been implemented.... so..... maybe they have already thought about it.

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Baz

PostWed Nov 21, 2012 11:44 pm

and I ditto that too!

MISC
U/S Express, SmartviewDuo, SmartScopeDuo, Teranex 2D, Web Pres, 5/7 Vid Assists
VIDEOHUB
Smart 12x12
12x24
72x144
HYPERDECK
Studio, Shuttle, Studio Mini
ATEM
2me4K, 2me, TVS, TVS HD, CamConvs, StudioConvs, Studio Cams, Micro Studio Cam

Mariano

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 2:14 pm

Baz wrote:Split personality maybe...? .... anyhow, there is a 'display button' on it that hasn't yet been implemented.... so..... maybe they have already thought about it.

A bit of schizophrenia, yes :D No, as nobody seemed to give their 2 cents I thought at least some people may have a bit of a giggle...

But good to know about that button - thanks for the hint. I really wish someone from Blackmagic could comment on that.

Mariano

PostThu Nov 22, 2012 2:19 pm

Baz wrote:and I ditto that too!

that makes four of us! :D

Nils

PostFri Nov 23, 2012 12:06 pm

Hello, I have a question about the reading. Is it possible to read in loop with the Hyperdeck Shuttle ?

Return to Getting Started