Black Magic Intensity Pro in Device Manager

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

gaugefilm

Black Magic Intensity Pro in Device Manager

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Hi all,

I'm building a computer specifically for celluloid film to digital capture. All the hardware is installed and Windows 7 is installed. I have plugged the Black Magic intensity Pro card into my upper PCI-e x1 slot and I was just wondering if it should show up in the device manager anywhere? And if it is meant to where will is show up and what will it show up as?

Thanks
Kevin

Albert Chu

Blackmagic Design

Re: Black Magic Intensity Pro in Device Manager

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 6:31 pm

Hello Kevin,

The Blackmagic should show up in your Device Manager under Sound, Video and Game Controllers.

A quick check to see if the Intensity is detected by the PC is to go to start\control panel\blackmagic control panel (make sure when in the Control Panel to be in Large or Small Icon View and not the Category View). If everything on the Blackmagic Control Panel is active, and you can chaneg/toggle settings, this is a good indication that the Intensity is detected on the PC and should work.

If all options here are grayed out, this means that the PC does not detect the Blackmagic. If this is the case, please shut down the PC and reseat the Intensity card, and/or try it on another slot. If it is still not detected, please give our support line a call or email us.
Albert Chu

Support Representative
Blackmagic Design USA

gaugefilm

PostFri Nov 30, 2012 7:28 pm

Hi thanks for the speedy reply,

Will all that show up in the Control Panel after I have installed the Video Software? Or should it show up before? Currently there is no information at all (not even grayed out)

Interestingly though I Initially had the Black Magic card in the upper PCI-e x1 slot and in 'Device Manager' under 'Other Devices' there was no 'Multimedia Video Controller'. Take a look:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaugefilm/8232110715/

However after moving the Black Magic card to the PCI-e x16 slot a 'Multimedia Video Controller' appeared so it's definitely registering something:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/gaugefilm/ ... otostream/

However the Black Magic Card isn't showing up under the 'Sound, video and game controllers' as you suggested. Will it only do this after the drivers are installed?

Thanks
Kevin

amsudeen

Black Magic intensity pro not detected

PostWed Jan 02, 2013 1:36 pm

Black Magic intensity pro not detected in intel DH-55HC and intel DH-77-KC MOTHER BORADS.

RAM 16GB.AND PCI-E 1X

NOT FOUND IN DEVICE MANEGR. I TRY MENY TIME.

PLEASE GIVE SOLUTION.

binxuan

PostSat Jan 12, 2013 12:44 pm

cannot be detected on Intel DZ77SL-50K motherboard with i7 3770

Return to Getting Started