Hyper Desk Studio Recording

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

kenny37

Hyper Desk Studio Recording

PostSat Dec 22, 2012 1:43 pm

have setup Hyper Desk Studio with 2 120GB SSD HDD, and need to record log meeting about 4/hr video, what should i do.....

Thanks

Liam Kennedy

Re: Hyper Desk Studio Recording

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 1:44 am

You'll need a lot more of that size drive to record 4+ hours - or you'll need larger drives.

I can fit approx 4 hours on my 512GB Crucial M4 drives when the Hyperdeck is configured for Prores or DNxHD.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

kenny37

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Hi, Liam

Thanks your information, check Amazom.com the 512GB SSD drive cost $399.99, but i found different way to recording the video, setup ATEM TVS USB out to my Mac book pro and enable TVS capture and save video files to my external Lacie 2TB thunderbolt drive, working good, but only different was the files only can save to .mp4. but for a log time recording project, this is a good way to go, and save my $$$

Mac Book Pro i7 16GB 512GB SSD
iMac 22" i5 4GB 512GB
ATEM Television Studio
Hyper Desk Studio with 2 120GB SSD
Behringer SRC2496
Sony HXR-NX5U
Panasonic AG-HMC40

Liam Kennedy

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 6:57 pm

If you have a TVS - that's another way to do it. It's not as reliable as the Hyper Deck... and be very careful about losing the recording due to corruption. if you can - stop the recording and re-start as frequently as you are able to - as there are reports of corruptions happening on longer recordings. Of course any power failure will also corrupt the file (note: I have had power failures while recording to my Hyper Deck and I guess I was lucky as the files were never corrupted).

I personally prefer recording both via the H.264 on the TVS and simultaneously to my Hyper Deck.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

kenny37

PostSun Dec 23, 2012 9:40 pm

I think you are right,

i am alos looking a live streaming, if you are expert, can you give me some idea, the video only stream inside the company network, not publish to outside internet, any good software and easy configure.

Mickey Carson

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 5:09 pm

Check out MX - http://mxlight.co.uk/ - the recorder can be set to record in slices and you can stream through VLC. It is an interesting thing for relatively cheap!

Return to Getting Started