Video lag & Audio Out of Sync [BMI Pro]

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

TheRajaskel

Video lag & Audio Out of Sync [BMI Pro]

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 2:30 pm

Hello,

I've been using my Intensity Pro for a year now. I haven't had any problems with it, it's a great product overall. But recently it has started lagging and it's very annoying.

First thing I noticed was that when editing, the video was longer than audio. Both audio and video had some problems keeping up with each other, resulting in laggy video and static audio. Not all the time tough; these problems start to occur after a minute or so and continue trough the whole video every now and then.

I've downloaded and installed older version of the drivers, repaired my hard-drive trough defragmentation, and overall trying things my friend has adviced me to do (since he has the same device), but nothing has worked or even helped.

Other things I might have to mention: I have never experienced this problem before, and my hard-drive is capable of 100mb/s writing speed (so the problem isn't necessarily there) and everything has been fine before. I use MJPEG and component cables when recording from my PS3.

I thank you for advance for every piece of advice I can get!

araujord

Re: Video lag & Audio Out of Sync [BMI Pro]

PostThu Jan 10, 2013 1:00 pm

Rajaskel, I am not sure if you have resolved your problem or problem or not. But hope that it is ok to tag on to your post.
I am new to video recording and using the BMI Pro. I am having the same problem with the audio lagging behind the video. I am also new to using the BMI Pro/Blackmagic Express software. As a new videographer and forum user, any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank You
araujord

araujord

PostFri Jan 11, 2013 12:37 pm

I now have a H.264 Pro Recorder and have the same problem I had with the Intensity Pro. The video and Audio are not in sync. I want to use it to record our church message so that we can post it on the web, make copies, and archive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

r/Richard

Christine Peterson

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 8:01 pm

Does the info in either of these threads help?

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3988
viewtopic.php?f=18&t=3928
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

TheRajaskel

PostSun Jan 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:Does the info in either of these threads help?

Yes, it seems that some people have experienced the same problems as I have, and in this case it seems that it might be in fact a resource issue, since I can record PAL resolution with no problems at all, but with HD comes the offsync. But still, the card has worked perfectly fine before when using compressed MJPEG codec, so I can't see a reason why it would just stop working.
For now I'll just deal with it and see if there's anything more I could do.
Anyway, thanks for your help :)

TheRajaskel

PostSat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Okay, this is just weird. A while ago I tried to capture video using PAL resolution. Blackmagic Disk Speed said that I would be able to do that just fine, but the sync issue still remains. I'm confused.

Sergio Logan

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 6:12 am

Iv'e had the same issue for years with my BMI Pro but i have put up with it. Sometimes i lose sync at the start and other times it could be a half hour later. At first i thought it was a defective BMI Pro card but maybe it could be compatibility issue with the PC hardware around it. It would be great to get some real answers to the exact issue.

Return to Getting Started