Intensity Shuttle USB3 - capture failing

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

rrdbstudios

Intensity Shuttle USB3 - capture failing

PostThu Dec 27, 2012 8:40 pm

I have tried using the latest media express (which i read has a memory leak problem), so I tried premiere pro cs6, with the same result.

It captures for a matter of minutes, then flashes black and stops capturing. I have all setting disabled that will cause it to stop on a dropped frame.

I am trying to capture an old vhs video which is a cartoon, to bring it digital. Could there be some sort of copy protection that is transported through the composite signal??? ...I have never heard of anything through an analog signal, only within the magnetic strip that may not allow an all in one vhs to dvd burner/converter to function.

Any help would be great! I have not tried putting legacy drivers on for an older version of media express; I would prefer to use premiere cs6... but will use whatever will capture the video properly.

Darrell Sim

Blackmagic Design

Re: Intensity Shuttle USB3 - capture failing

PostFri Dec 28, 2012 6:59 am

Could you check if the USB3.0 chipset that is on your motherboard is using a NEC/Renesas chipset? Do update the USB drivers if possible. You can search around the forums for the link to download these drivers. Also, what is the video format you are using to capture on Media Express? To the best of my knowledge, I've heard of certain users being able to capture VHS tapes using the Intensity Shuttle.

Is your HDD fast enough to do the capture for the video format you want? Try using Disk Speed Test which comes together with Media Express. Also, do tweak the settings in Desktop Video to see if that helps.
Darrell Sim
Support Engineer
Blackmagic Design Asia
support-asia@blackmagicdesign.com

Return to Getting Started