Intensity Pro not recognized

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

popwebz

Intensity Pro not recognized

PostFri Jan 04, 2013 10:47 pm

Hello. My operating system is Mac OS 10.7.4
I have tried asking for assistance on this issue before and Blackmagic support has so far been unhelpful.
I have seen that others have had success with the operating system recognizing the HDMI input: such as in this video-

For me, I do not have all the options shown in the video. I only have "Blackmagic". And choosing that source will give me only a blank black input.
It bugs me that Blackmagic cannot support Quicktime which seems a very basic component of most video applications.

I'm rather frustrated with this and have spent too much time trying to get this to work. The idea was to be able to record my video camera direct to computer.
Any insight would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Brandon

Fred Rodrigues

Re: Intensity Pro not recognized

PostSat Jan 05, 2013 9:20 am

You have a few options, first use the media express software, this will capture directly to your computer. I have had blackmagic capture working with the quicktime library but you are right, with the newer qtkit architecture (like what is behind the newer quicktime x not the old quicktime 7) it does not show up in quicktime x as comes with lion. You can try download the older quicktime7 which will run on your machine and will expose the Intensity pro.

I also was a little disappointed that this and a few other qtkit based applications did not work but it is easy to solve.

This is not really the problem of blackmagic, their professional hardware and drivers work with a large variety of professional software- quicktime does not fall into that category- it is not a problem for any use, there is always another option. What exactly does quicktime do that the included media express software does not?
http://www.fredrodrigues.net/

Return to Getting Started