general confusion on posting on this forum

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

bobzelin

general confusion on posting on this forum

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 pm

It is very clear to me that no one has a clue as to where to post a question about a particular Blackmagic Product on these forums. I have asked in the past to have specific forums (like Cow) for individual products (like ATEM, Resolve, Routers, Ultrascope, etc.), but for some reason, Blackmagic does not what to do this.
It is obvious that questions on Resolve (for example) are scattered randomly across ALL of these forums, and this applies to every product. I do not understand why Blackmagic wants to continue this way, as opposed to having a simple organized setup for this forum - no different than on their own website.

Bob Zelin
bobzelin@icloud.com

Mike Squires

Re: general confusion on posting on this forum

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 12:17 am

I don't think it's that difficult. For example, any question regarding Resolve should be posted in the Post Production area.

I think the problem lies in that some people that use the products aren't really in the broadcast business, so they don't know all the lingo and/or the profession's terms.

Perry

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 6:56 pm

"Post Production" is a terrible name for a forum when most of the products the company makes can be used in Post. At minimum, they should split it up by hardware and software.

The problem with the way it is now is that the Post Production forum is seen as the Resolve forum by most (probably because it's mentioned specifically in the forum description). But all of the converters, capture boards and other software are also fair game under that classification. It's frustrating to have to sift through the posts for all kinds of stuff I've got no interest in. And if the poster doesn't mention the product in the subject line, there's no way of knowing what they're posting about without reading it, and that's a waste of time.

Please, Blackmagic - it only takes about 2 minutes to add a new forum in PHPBB. Just break things up a little so it's easier to navigate the site!
Perry Paolantonio
Gamma Ray Digital - 288 Walnut St Suite 105, Newton MA 02460
14k Film Scanning -- Color Grading -- Film Restoration
www.gammaraydigital.com

Christine Peterson

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 8:17 pm

We have a few upcoming changes that I think you'll like... The forum update is tied to other web projects, so I'm not sure what the timeline is, but we're working on it!
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Return to Getting Started