USB 3.0 Card not Supporting Intensity Shuttle?

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

jondoty

USB 3.0 Card not Supporting Intensity Shuttle?

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 9:24 pm

Around August, I got the Blackmagic Intensity Shuttle for USB 3.0, with the intent in getting a USB 3.0 card for my computer.Once I got this card, just thinking any card should do, as long as it supports the speeds.

The night I got the card, I installed the drivers, and hooked up the Intensity Shuttle to it. The drivers installed for the device, and this message, "This device can perform faster", came up when I plugged it in.

I booted up the Media Express program, and under device, it said nothing got connected.

My question is mainly the card. Is there something wrong with the card? If so, which USB 3.0 card could I get that would work?

Should there be no card available, would it be possible to return it and exchange it for the thunderbolt intensity, and just pay the difference? It would be possible to record using my Mac Mini with thunderbolt, but I would prefer it all on my PC, where all my drives are.

Mike Squires

Re: USB 3.0 Card not Supporting Intensity Shuttle?

PostMon Jan 21, 2013 10:16 pm

There are PCI-E cards that work, as we use one on our Dell. I don't remember the make and model of the card, so hopefully someone else will chime in and help ya out.

Return to Getting Started