Video format

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

Graham Beer

Video format

PostSun Mar 17, 2013 11:29 pm

Hi everyone,

I am editing all my videos using Sony Vegas pro and when I put in the media pools it says error and I know I probably need to put it into a different format. What format do I use?

Thanks Graham :D

DidiKunz

Re: Video format

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 10:43 am

Nobody in the forum is able to read your mind, so you will need to provide a lot more info.

Graham Beer

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 12:46 pm

Like video format I should render the video isent there different formats thar BM will except

Thomas Seewald

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 1:18 pm

I think, Cobourgnews wants to render Video-Files for using in the media pool of an ATEM 1MME or 2ME.

Sorry, I don't know, because mei TVS can't play videos from the media pool. But I think, that you have to use TGA Sequences (in the resolution, which ATEM is set).
thos-berlin - Thomas S e e w a l d

DidiKunz

PostMon Mar 18, 2013 3:51 pm

Thomas Seewald wrote:I think, Cobourgnews wants to render Video-Files for using in the media pool of an ATEM 1MME or 2ME.

Page 38 of the ATEM manual says:
Browsing and Loading Files
The ATEM Production Switcher model's media pool has 32 still image windows and 2 clip windows that also have a location for audio. On the ATEM Television Studio only the first 20 still image windows in the media pool are active. On the 1 M/E and 2 M/E Production Switcher all of the windows in the media pool are active.

To copy a still, simply drag it from the browse screen and drop it into an empty window in the Media Pool. To copy a clip you must select a sequence of TGA images in the browse window and drag the entire targa sequence and drop it into the clip window. You can do this by selecting the first file, then scrolling to the last file in the image sequence, and while holding the shift key, selecting the last file. All the files will then highlight and then can be all dragged into any of the two clip windows in the media pool. Audio files, which are used when playing a clip in a stringer transition, can be dragged and dropped into the audio portion of the clip window labeled Drag Audio Here.

When copying, a progress bar will show the status of the transfer. You can drop multiple files into the media pool, even if the first images have not completed copying, as they will be scheduled to download one after the other. If a clip or still is dragged and dropped into a window which already has content loaded, the existing content will be overwritten.

Compatible Files - The ATEM media pool supports PNG, TGA, BMP, GIF, JPEG and TIFF still image formats.

Clips are simply a sequence of images. Audio files must be WAV, MP3 or AIFF.

Return to Getting Started