No HDMI Input on Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author

box293

No HDMI Input on Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostSat Feb 16, 2019 6:17 am

I purchased an Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt and I cannot get it to detect input.

Windows 10, Thunderbolt, Driver 10.11.4.

From page 15 of the Desktop Video manual:
When you first open Blackmagic Desktop Video Setup, the home page displays your connected hardware and provides an overview of all video activity on your hardware's input and output connections. If you are sending a video signal to your input, it will be automatically detected and the format will be displayed under the Video Input icon.

All I see under the Video Input icon is a hyphen "-".

My first test was with an XBOX One X. Then I read in the forums stuff about HDCP protection. So I then proceeded to connect a ASUS media player, still nothing detected.

I tried different HDMI cables, no difference. Cables were approx 2m in length.

I also connected an Intel Compute Stick which runs a basic version of Windows 10 (this has an HDMI output that I've connected to the HDMI In port). Still nothing detected. This has a HDMI cable that is 20cm in length.

I'm at a loss as to what to try next. The manual seems to indicate it is pretty easy to connect a device and the input will be automatically detected. I've read different forum posts about the output from the sending device needs to be supported by the shuttle, I've confirmed that at least with the XBOX One X it is outputting 1080p and my monitor detects it as 1920x1080@60Hz.

I've even tried component cables from the ASUS media player and selected this as the input in Desktop Video Setup but it does not detect any input signal.
My real name is Troy.

box293

Re: No HDMI Input on Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt

PostThu Feb 21, 2019 10:52 pm

Is this the correct location to get support for my issue?
My real name is Troy.

Denny Smith

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 2:05 am

This is a User Forum, you may want to contact BMD Support directly, here: https://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support/
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

box293

PostFri Feb 22, 2019 2:40 am

Thanks for the reply, I just sent an email via that page.
My real name is Troy.

robni7

PostTue Jan 07, 2020 10:51 pm

Hi, were you eventually able to sort this out? I have an Intensity Pro, and, for example, whichever resolution I choose on my Apple TV, I just get a black screen.

Return to Getting Started