mini converter analog to sdi output 625i 25

Getting started with a Blackmagic product? Ask questions here about setup and installation.
  • Author
gjwether

mini converter analog to sdi output 625i 25

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:27 am

Hi
I have pluged the converter in to my kona 3g card and the kona says the output from the sdi on the mini converter is 625i 25! how woluld you change the format to a 1080 output to display a true HD picture nothing in the control softwear to change the outputed video.
any input is much appreciated thanks in advanced

Liam Kennedy

Re: mini converter analog to sdi output 625i 25

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:29 am

WHat have you plugged in to the input of the converter? The converter converts whatever is on the input SDI to the component output.

Sorry... re-read... this is the other way around. Analog to SDI. I don't have one of those. Still... what have you got on the input anyway?
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

gjwether

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 8:19 am

Liam Kennedy wrote:WHat have you plugged in to the input of the converter? The converter converts whatever is on the input SDI to the component output.

Sorry... re-read... this is the other way around. Analog to SDI. I don't have one of those. Still... what have you got on the input anyway?

just composite going in, i thought the purpose of the unit was to up convert to 1080 to me the output is still 625i25 not even half def the tech diagram says HD-SDI/3GHD-SDI output and that is not happening

Liam Kennedy

PostThu Sep 13, 2012 5:15 pm

No. These are signal converters only...not scalers. Well. Mostly. The SDI to analog converter can down convert an HD-SDI signal to composite.
ATEM 1/ME, TVS, Hyperdeck Studio, Fujitsu Lifebook NH751 USB3

Return to Getting Started