hd sdi to av cable ?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

earl riddick

hd sdi to av cable ?

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 11:54 am

I was wondering if any of you guys knew a reason why this wouldnt work with the bmcc ? I'll start by saying that i dont really care about quality for this, I simply want to get a reference monitor on top of my bmcc so that i can see composition when im filming myself (so focus and colour etc not really important)

So ive got a cheap monitor that has the standard red, yellow, white av input and i was thinking can i go from the bmcc hd sdi out, into a cheap sdi > hdmi converter

( http://www.amazon.co.uk/Daditong-MINI-1 ... di+to+hdmi )

then use a hdmi > av cable to go into my monitor ?

(http://www.amazon.co.uk/Feet-1-5M-Video ... o+av+cable)

Is this likely to work and if so will it break my bmcc ?

thanks for any help

MattAnsini

Re: hd sdi to av cable ?

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 12:50 pm

I'm sure someone can explain it much better than I, but not all monitors will work with the BMCC.

I have a 19" TV that I was using for framing and it does not accept the signal through HDMI after it passes through an SDI to HDMI converter. My other TVs and Monitors however, work fine.

I believe it comes down to progressive vs interlaced signal out of the BMCC and what the monitor accepts. I could be wrong on this but for example I believe the SDI out for 29.97 is actually 59.94i, don't know if its the same for other frame rates. Usually cheap monitors wont be compatible.

Not saying it wouldn't work, just sharing my experience. Goodluck!

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk

earl riddick

Re: hd sdi to av cable ?

PostWed Dec 11, 2013 1:02 pm

cheers for the answer and help mate its appreciated

Return to Cinematography