ChatGPT Predicts Next Blackmagic Camera

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

timbutt2

ChatGPT Predicts Next Blackmagic Camera

PostWed May 22, 2024 2:54 pm

Okay, I decided to have some fun with ChatGPT because I just used it to develop an argument for why Terrence Malick would make the perfect director for God Emperor of Dune. Suffice to say it delivered a wonderful argument. So I got curious to see if it could predict the next Blackmagic Cinema Camera based off the recent announcements of the URSA Cine 12K, 17K, and PYXIS Cameras and analyzing Blackmagic's past history of releasing cameras. This is what it came up with:

Predicting the next cinema camera release from Blackmagic Design can be approached by analyzing their recent product announcements, historical trends, and the integration of their software, DaVinci Resolve.

Recent Camera Releases:
    1. URSA Cine 12K (Full Frame) and URSA Cine 17K (65mm): These high-resolution cameras have pushed the envelope in terms of sensor size and resolution, targeting high-end cinema productions.
    2. PYXIS 6K Cinema Box Camera: Aimed at providing a versatile and affordable option for various mounting systems and dynamic shooting environments, this camera supports multiple mounts and features dual native ISO and high-speed recording capabilities.

Historical Trends:
    • Modularity and Flexibility: Blackmagic Design often focuses on providing cameras that are highly modular and adaptable to different shooting needs, such as the URSA Mini series and the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera line.
    • High Resolution and Dynamic Range: They consistently push for higher resolutions and dynamic ranges, evidenced by the URSA 12K and 17K models.
    • Integration with DaVinci Resolve: Blackmagic cameras are designed to work seamlessly with their post-production software, DaVinci Resolve, which continues to gain advanced AI-assisted features and tools for enhanced editing and color grading.

Predicting the Next Release:
Given the above patterns, the next Blackmagic cinema camera release is likely to feature:
    • Enhanced Modularity: Expect a camera that can be easily integrated with various accessories and mounts, perhaps expanding the PYXIS line or introducing a new modular system.
    • Higher Resolutions and Dynamic Range: Continuing the trend, a camera with resolution surpassing the current 17K might be introduced, potentially around 20K or more, with increased dynamic range and improved low-light performance.
    • Advanced AI Features: Integration with DaVinci Resolve's new AI tools for real-time editing and color grading could mean the camera will have built-in AI capabilities for on-set monitoring and adjustments.
    • Network and Cloud Integration: Building on their push towards networked and cloud solutions, the next camera may feature advanced networking capabilities for live streaming and real-time collaboration, enhancing workflow efficiency.

In conclusion, the next Blackmagic Design camera is likely to focus on extreme resolution, modularity, AI integration, and enhanced networking features, maintaining their trajectory of innovation in the cinema camera market.
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

carlomacchiavello

Re: ChatGPT Predicts Next Blackmagic Camera

PostThu May 23, 2024 4:59 am

Eh eh mean that chatGPT seems a classic fan boy that not work but only the next camera gear at window

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sean van Berlo

PostThu May 23, 2024 8:23 am

Man I wish this was a forum to talk about cinematography instead of endless useless, unhealthy speculation on what the next Blackmagic camera will be.

Jeffrey D Mathias

PostThu May 23, 2024 12:12 pm

ChatGPT says "You don't need a camera since I can do it all for you."
AMD Threadripper 1950x 16-core 3.4 GHz
96 GB Crucial DDR4 2666 ECC UDIMM RAM
AsRock Fatal1ty x399 motherboard
RTX 4080 Super GPU
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit version 22H2, build 19045.4529
DeckLink 4K Extreme 12G
iPad Pro M2

timbutt2

PostFri May 24, 2024 10:44 pm

Sean van Berlo wrote:Man I wish this was a forum to talk about cinematography instead of endless useless, unhealthy speculation on what the next Blackmagic camera will be.

Come on man, this was just fun. It's not to be taken too seriously. It's just about using the AI to create something fun.

timbutt2

PostFri May 24, 2024 10:44 pm

Jeffrey D Mathias wrote:ChatGPT says "You don't need a camera since I can do it all for you."

That would be the scariest response. Sadly, that's what Adobe is currently advertising at the moment with their "Skip the Photoshoot" campaign.

Return to Cinematography