Power Solution BMCC + Atomos Shogun

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Christopher Fennell

Power Solution BMCC + Atomos Shogun

PostFri Apr 08, 2016 1:00 pm

So I know right off the bat this sounds like a weird setup. I've had the BMCC for a few years for fun but am only now getting back to doing work for myself. I as able to get an Atomos Shogun for dirt cheap from a friend, and though it's total overkill I'm glad to get an monitor with some LUT and external recording in case I move on to a 4k camera.

But it seems my old Switronix Power base won't power the Shogun. So my question is this: What are recommendations on a power solution for both the Shogun and BMCC? Cheaper is better, because I'm not sure I want to justify buying a full Anton Bauer system for over a grand or two if I'm only doing personal projects.

Thanks!

Timothy Cook

Re: Power Solution BMCC + Atomos Shogun

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 1:54 am

I'm not sure on this because I don't have either one, but I'll "BUMP" this for you because it looks like it got lost in the haze of the magenta cloud.

I would think a third party Sony V-Lock with D-Taps would work well for this application.
Vimeo.com/dropbars

Anatoly Mashanov

Re: Power Solution BMCC + Atomos Shogun

PostSat Apr 09, 2016 4:25 am

Use anything that you like in condition that it's a separate battery for BMCC and a separate one for the recorder. There are lots of reports about fried SDI ports.

Return to Cinematography