WHERE IS BMCC MFT 2.5k ?? is there any hope at site?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
fbordez

Re: WHERE IS BMCC MFT 2.5k ?? is there any hope at site?

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 3:28 am

I got mine Friday June 14th. I'm in Montreal, Canada and I ordered it in September right when it was announced. I was first on the store list. (Actually second but the first changed his order to the 4K.)

Christine Peterson

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 6:02 pm

To all the concerned Europeans, Grant posted this in another thread yesterday:

Grant Petty wrote:Hi,

We have had a few emails asking us why we are sending so many cameras to US resellers and not so many to Europe. I just wanted to post a quick note to let everything know this is not really true.

We have of course been filling orders in the order we received them, however we found that the larger US resellers ordered very quickly and a large qty. So to make things a bit more fair we have actually been splitting up the shipment of cameras based on the qty of orders per country and then they have been passed to resellers in those countries in the order we got orders.

We sell via distributors in many countries so are not really up to speed on which reseller is getting what qty of cameras but as we get closer to filling our back orders, some resellers will wind up getting stock while others have not yet. I know some resellers in Singapore and Australia have had stock but then its been sold quickly so there are multiple resellers worldwide getting some stock now.

I hope this helps clear up whats going on.

Grant
Blackmagic Design

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=4500&start=300#p57869
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Jules Bushell

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 6:38 pm

Hey Folks,

My BMCC MFT is coming this Thursday. Ordered from CVP in the UK in September 2012. So whatever Grant did to distribution, it's working.

Cheers,
Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Jeggintonfilms

PostTue Jun 18, 2013 11:05 pm

Great news about your Camera Jules!

I have a feeling I'm not too far behind you. I also ordered in Sept 2012 and was around position 10 in the queue at CVP last time I checked.

Incidentally I called CVP today and they said they would be getting some MFT cameras in as early as next week although no one knows how many.

I won't count on it but would be nice if mine arrives before my road trip on 4th July. France, Italy, Swizerland, Monaco and finally Barcalona all in 4 days.

Look forward to seeing some of your footage.

Jonty
Filmmaker & Camera-operator
www.jontyegginton.com

Junior Ikenwa

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 7:28 am

earlier than scheduled, I got my MFT today wow!! awesome

Jules Bushell

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 2:33 pm

Jeggintonfilms wrote:Look forward to seeing some of your footage.

Jonty

I've got lots and lots to learn, never shot on a high end camera before or used Resolve. Also I've a limited supply of lenses. Just a couple of Nikkor primes and a zoom.

I'll be out and about with the BMCC this weekend.

Looks like your camera is imminent!

Jules
Jules Bushell
url: www.nonmultiplexcinema.com
url: www.filmmeansbusiness.com
url: www.blurtheline.co.uk

Rakesh Malik

PostWed Jun 19, 2013 10:47 pm

I'll be picking mine up next week, Tuesday or Wednesday... just in time to shoot some interviews on it. :)
Rakesh Malik
Cinematographer, photographer, adventurer, martial artist
http://WinterLight.studio
System:
Asus Flow X13, Octacore Zen3/32GB + XG Mobile nVidia RTX 3080/16GB
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

David Regenthal

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 2:52 pm

I'd bet everyone already knows this (but I didn't see it anywhere) . . .

BMCC MFT's ARE in stock.
I placed my order for one with B&H last night at 9:45pm and in checking my order this morning their website (for my account orders) says, " In stock, order sent to warehouse."

Happy Days are here again!
Windows 11 Pro
ASUSTek PRIME B660-PLUS D4 (LGA1700)
Intel i9-12900KF
128GB, nVidia RTX 4000
Samsung SSD 980 Pro 2TB (x3)

JB Schiess

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 5:09 pm

Okay, I'm sliiiiightly regretting the decision to place the order with a local shop back in Jan. I'm sure the cam will be in soon. Seeing all of you guys receive your cameras has me super anxious. Congrats!

Peter J. DeCrescenzo

PostSun Jun 23, 2013 5:16 pm

JB Schiess wrote:Okay, I'm sliiiiightly regretting the decision to place the order with a local shop back in Jan. I'm sure the cam will be in soon. Seeing all of you guys receive your cameras has me super anxious. Congrats!

Hang in there. FWIW, more than one small, local shop has them in stock here. So it varies by area of the country/world. Here's hoping you receive your camera very soon. Cheers.

-

Fulgencio Martínez

PostMon Jun 24, 2013 3:21 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:To all the concerned Europeans, Grant posted this in another thread yesterday:

We have had a few emails asking us why we are sending so many cameras to US resellers and not so many to Europe. I just wanted to post a quick note to let everything know this is not really true.

We have of course been filling orders in the order we received them, however we found that the larger US resellers ordered very quickly and a large qty. So to make things a bit more fair we have actually been splitting up the shipment of cameras based on the qty of orders per country and then they have been passed to resellers in those countries in the order we got orders.

We sell via distributors in many countries so are not really up to speed on which reseller is getting what qty of cameras but as we get closer to filling our back orders, some resellers will wind up getting stock while others have not yet. I know some resellers in Singapore and Australia have had stock but then its been sold quickly so there are multiple resellers worldwide getting some stock now.

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Glad to read some words.. Glad to hear some people at UK are getting their cameras.. but not even one MFT camera has arrived to Spain while it is already in stock in the USA.
So.. while our distribution comes from London, british people are getting their cameras while we don´t..
"So to make things a bit more fair we have actually been splitting up the shipment of cameras based on the qty of orders per country and then they have been passed to resellers in those countries in the order we got orders."
THIS IS NOT TRUE!!

iaincash

PostMon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 pm

just bought a MFT 2.5 off the shelf today from production gear, London, UK, no pre-order, no waiting, had an email saying it was with the royal mail, should get it tomorrow

JB Schiess

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 11:22 am

Peter J. DeCrescenzo wrote:
JB Schiess wrote:Okay, I'm sliiiiightly regretting the decision to place the order with a local shop back in Jan. I'm sure the cam will be in soon. Seeing all of you guys receive your cameras has me super anxious. Congrats!

Hang in there. FWIW, more than one small, local shop has them in stock here. So it varies by area of the country/world. Here's hoping you receive your camera very soon. Cheers.

-

Thanks, Peter.

That's definitely an encouraging update. Would have been nice to have it for a couple jobs I'm shooting this week, but it's all good.

Deja Piyavhatkul

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 3:50 pm

I'm from Thailand. Just got BMCC today after preorder it and waited the few months.

Finished test it minutes ago. Everything works fine but I'm still shock just known that its SDI output to my Sony PVM-14L5+BKM-142HD monitor work only at 25 & 29.97 fps mode :-(

Still can't find how could I know how much I shoot on the SSD. I know that it can't show what the space left on the SSD, but how I could calculate what left If I didn't know how much I shoot?

Anyway it takes great pictures. All my old Super16 lenses work great on it as I had speculated a few days ago on this post. Thank you.

rick.lang

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 6:55 pm

Deja Piyavhatkul wrote:I'm from Thailand. Just got BMCC today after preorder it and waited the few months...

Still can't find how could I know how much I shoot on the SSD. I know that it can't show what the space left on the SSD, but how I could calculate what left If I didn't know how much I shoot?

Are you shooting raw or a compressed codec? What is the size of your SSDs?

If you are not mixing raw and compressed codec shots on the same SSD, then you just need to count the number of minutes you have been recording and subtract that from the total number of minutes the SSD will handle. It does force you to keep a shot log but that can be handy for other purposes too.

If you are mixing raw with compressed on the same SSD, it is more complicated. Let me know what you do and I'll respond again.

Rick Lang
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Rick Lang

Margus Voll

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 9:00 pm

I just got my cam today.

Ordered last august also in europe.
Margus Voll, CSI

http://www.iconstudios.eu
margus (at) iconstudios.eu
IG: margusvoll

rick.lang

PostTue Jun 25, 2013 9:44 pm

Margus Voll wrote:I just got my cam today.

Ordered last august also in europe.

Congratulations, Margus. Yea!

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Grégory Weisert

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 1:34 am

keep your eyes open, i ordered my bmc yesterday via production gear in UK. they had some in stock. i didnt preorder or anything like that. now will sell my bmc ef.
just type in google "blackmagic camera mft in stock" or something like that. sometimes you will find some sellers have them in stock :) good luck!

Deja Piyavhatkul

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 1:39 am

rick.lang wrote:Are you shooting raw or a compressed codec? What is the size of your SSDs?

If you are not mixing raw and compressed codec shots on the same SSD, then you just need to count the number of minutes you have been recording and subtract that from the total number of minutes the SSD will handle. It does force you to keep a shot log but that can be handy for other purposes too.

If you are mixing raw with compressed on the same SSD, it is more complicated. Let me know what you do and I'll respond again.

Rick Lang

Thank you Rick. I shot only RAW on the Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD. That mean I need to calculate time summation of every shot manually, right? This's the first digital thing in the world I'd encountered that can't do calculation ...555

rick.lang

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 4:12 am

Deja Piyavhatkul wrote:
rick.lang wrote:Are you shooting raw or a compressed codec? What is the size of your SSDs?

Rick Lang

Thank you Rick. I shot only RAW on the Sandisk Extreme 240GB SSD. That mean I need to calculate time summation of every shot manually, right? This's the first digital thing in the world I'd encountered that can't do calculation ...555

Deja, that makes it easy then. I forgot to ask what frame rate you are using but hopefully that is also consistent. When you are shooting raw, the audio files are separate from the DNG (whereas with ProRes, it includes the audio). The raw files are about 5MB each. If you are shooting that consistently, then you should be able to record for the number of minutes indicated allowing some space for the audio:

24 fps, 120 MB/s, 31 minutes
25 fps, 125 MB/s, 30 minutes
30 fps, 150 MB/s, 25 minutes

I err on the side of caution as you don't want to fill an SSD completely even though some people do that. Besides your timing estimates might be wrong and you don't want to reach capacity in the middle of a shot.

Rick Lang
Rick Lang

Deja Piyavhatkul

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 5:04 am

rick.lang wrote:Deja, that makes it easy then. I forgot to ask what frame rate you are using but hopefully that is also consistent. When you are shooting raw, the audio files are separate from the DNG (whereas with ProRes, it includes the audio). The raw files are about 5MB each. If you are shooting that consistently, then you should be able to record for the number of minutes indicated allowing some space for the audio:

24 fps, 120 MB/s, 31 minutes
25 fps, 125 MB/s, 30 minutes
30 fps, 150 MB/s, 25 minutes

I err on the side of caution as you don't want to fill an SSD completely even though some people do that. Besides your timing estimates might be wrong and you don't want to reach capacity in the middle of a shot.

Rick Lang

Thank you Rick. I known that I could shoot about 30 mins on 240GB SSD (I shot 24p mostly) What I didn't known was that this camera don't even calculate how much I already shot for me! Then on location, another stuff I need is the calculator ...555

Rakesh Malik

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 5:07 am

I'm getting mine bright and early tomorrow, and shooting at least one promo with it tomorrow afternoon, plus possibly the Seattle Office of Film and Music happy hour presentation. :)
Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Jean-Philippe Mariani

PostWed Jun 26, 2013 8:47 am

Hello guys

If some of you have an emergency need for immediate delivery of BMCC EF with free handles and free 480Gb SSD (with cover), please get in touch with us. We have a limited stock now available for new orders coming in. We have finished delivering all pending pre-orders at last.

Junior Ikenwa

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 3:25 am

Now i got the camera ,
can someone suggest this to me.

which len work with BMCC MFT?
which one is the best for music videos?
thanks for your opinion
my eyes is on one of these three but which one serve better?

(1) Tokina AT-X 16-28mm f/2.8 Pro FX Lens for Nikon
WIDE ANGLE ZOOM
AF 16-28mm f/2.8

(2) AT-X 116 PRO DX
WIDE ANGLE ZOOM
AF 11-16mm f/2.8

(3) AT-X 116 PRO DX II
WIDE ANGLE ZOOM
AF 11-16mm f/2.8

(4) AT-X 17-35 F4 PRO FX
WIDE ANGLE ZOOM
AF 17-35mm f/4.0

Juniortony
Malaysia
BMCC MFT

Fabián Matas

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 5:59 am

Fulgencio Martínez wrote:
Christine Peterson wrote:To all the concerned Europeans, Grant posted this in another thread yesterday:

Grant
Blackmagic Design

Glad to read some words.. Glad to hear some people at UK are getting their cameras.. but not even one MFT camera has arrived to Spain while it is already in stock in the USA.
So.. while our distribution comes from London, british people are getting their cameras while we don´t..
"So to make things a bit more fair we have actually been splitting up the shipment of cameras based on the qty of orders per country and then they have been passed to resellers in those countries in the order we got orders."
THIS IS NOT TRUE!!

I'm the first one in line in másquevideo(Barcelona only reseller), I ordered EF June last year and changed the day of the MFT announcement. Still no camera here.

Fulgencio Martínez

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 10:31 pm

Fabián Matas wrote:
I'm the first one in line in másquevideo(Barcelona only reseller), I ordered EF June last year and changed the day of the MFT announcement. Still no camera here.

No camera has arrived to Spain while it is in stock in some UK stores.
No cameras in Barcelona.. No cameras in Madrid!!!
Being the same distributor for Europe!!!
Why are there so many cameras in the UK?
Can someone explain why we don´t get our camera???
Chrsitineeee!!!
what about Grant words??
ALL A BUNCH OF LIES???

Margus Voll

PostFri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 pm

I bet it really depends on timing when you ordered and when did your reseller order.

I have got mine just now in week or two back, cant remember anymore :D

I ordered some time last august i think.
Margus Voll, CSI

Fulgencio Martínez

PostSat Jul 06, 2013 2:32 am

Margus Voll wrote:I bet it really depends on timing when you ordered and when did your reseller order.

I have got mine just now in week or two back, cant remember anymore :D

I ordered some time last august i think.

Hi Margus
If you read carefully you´ll notice you are not right
Fabian wrote: "I ordered EF June last year and changed the day of the MFT announcement. Still no camera here."
Anyway MFT camera was announced on september.. so probably you did not order it in august :D

Margus Voll

PostSat Jul 06, 2013 6:53 am

It has been covered many times that EF stock will be delivered in the first hand and MFT a bit later.
So even if some MFT models are dripping out they take a bit more time.
Margus Voll, CSI

John Bartman

PostSat Jul 06, 2013 7:46 am

Fulgencio Martínez

PostSun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 pm

Hehehe! Bartman you are a great forum artist
John Bartman wrote:Image

Grégory Weisert

PostSun Jul 07, 2013 8:23 pm

just look around. i never preordered mft camera, but a shop in GB had some mft's in stock. i ordered and 2 days later i got it :)

Lucas Pfaff

PostSun Jul 07, 2013 8:51 pm

twelvetwelves wrote:just look around. i never preordered mft camera, but a shop in GB had some mft's in stock. i ordered and 2 days later i got it :)

Ordered last tuesday (stepping up my pre-order of the Pocket) at Teltec/Berlin, got it on thursday. A bit of luck included though :)

Rakesh Malik

PostSun Jul 07, 2013 8:54 pm

As frustrating as the wait was, I've had mine for less than two weeks and I've already shot a promo and a parade with it. I've mostly been using ProRes because of what I've been doing with it, but next week I'm headed to Glacier National Park... That I will be using raw for.
Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Junior Ikenwa

PostSun Jul 07, 2013 10:01 pm

Tamerlin wrote:As frustrating as the wait was, I've had mine for less than two weeks and I've already shot a promo and a parade with it. I've mostly been using ProRes because of what I've been doing with it, but next week I'm headed to Glacier National Park... That I will be using raw for.

good , please show us your sample and specs
newbie like us will know what to buy,
especially lens, im going for carl zeiss tomorrow, zf version
got my camera but still searching for suitable accessories
to avoid throwing hard earn cash away
Last edited by Junior Ikenwa on Mon Jul 08, 2013 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rakesh Malik

PostMon Jul 08, 2013 1:52 am

juniortony wrote:good , please show us your sample and spec
newbie like us will know what to buy,
especially lens, im going for carl zeiss tomorrow, zf version
got my camera but still search for suitable accessories
to avoid throwing hard earn cash away

This my first project with the BMCC: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/28761

As far as lenses goes, I'm using mostly a small collection of Nikon and Minolta lenses. The Nikons are a mix of autofocus and manual focus, though I prefer the handling on the manual focus lenses. The Minoltas are all manual, older models from back when Minolta and Leica were partners. Also sweet lenses; I've used them on my Nex-7 as well as on 35mm film bodies. The picture quality on those oldies is lovely.

I also have a modern Minolta 500mm mirror lens that is loads of fun to use on the BMCC, but I don't recommend it for anything with movement. It's going with me to Glacier though. Another very sweet lens it the Sony/Zeiss 135mm f/1.8, and although it's a bit on the slow side the Sony/Zeiss 16-80 is very sharp and renders gorgeous color.

Generally though, if you go after those old manual focus SLR lenses, you'll get great image quality at astonishingly low prices.

Now if only I could find an adapter that would let me put a lens for the Kiev 88CM on my BMCC. I have a 45mm Hartblei Super Rotator that would be pretty nice on the BMCC.
Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB

Mac Jaeger

PostMon Jul 08, 2013 2:35 pm

Tamerlin wrote:This my first project with the BMCC: http://www.rockethub.com/projects/28761

Site needs signup / login.

Rakesh Malik

PostMon Jul 08, 2013 4:05 pm

D'oh! I forgot about that.

Rakesh Malik
System:
Apple M1 Mini/16GB
Previous

Return to Cinematography