I have completed the 6k Pro

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Lee Mackreath

I have completed the 6k Pro

PostThu May 13, 2021 9:07 am

It has taken a couple of months but am finally happy with my 6K Pro setup finally!

Heres what I have

6k Pro
Battery Grip
EVF
4 X 500GB Silicon Power CFast Cards
Samsung T5 500GB Hard Drive
9 Official Blackmagic NP-F Batteries
Peak Design Camera Strap
Rode Wireless Go II with 2 x Rode Lavelier Mics
Sigma 18-35 F1.8 Lens
Canon 24-105 IS F4 Lens
Canon 35 F2 IS Lens

With this setup I feel good to go both for commerical and personal work. I also owned the Sigma 24-70 Art 2.8 for a week but it was too big and heavy so I sent back and opted for the Canon 35 F2 instead which is so much better!

All in all really happy with the setup - I dont believe I need a rig for this and am not looking for a gimbal either as like to shot handheld with the IS lenses or use my Manfrotto Monopod.

The 18-35 will be for weddings and other commercial work and the 2 Canons will be moy go to lenses for run and gun. i have enough storage and batteries to easily now last me a day!

with the Rodes I tend to just use the internal recording feature to get audio and leave them mostly unplugged from the Pro - and use that to get Ambient and Scratch audio. The Samsung is a backup incase i fill up all of my cfasts and the batteries are all lasting me around an hour, but in the grip it gives me like 3 hours!

will continue to shoot and see how i get on!

rick.lang

Re: I have completed the 6k Pro

PostThu May 13, 2021 5:04 pm

Good to hear you’re pleased with your equipment and that it’s doing what you want. Still if you get antsy to add to it, you may find something wider than 18mm will be useful at times. There’s many possibilities that could satisfy that should it become a requirement. Wider focal lengths in a quality lens have a different character you may like to explore as an alternative.
Rick Lang

Return to Cinematography