CONTAX Zeiss 28mm 2.8 | Why this is My Favourite Lens

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Florent Piovesan

CONTAX Zeiss 28mm 2.8 | Why this is My Favourite Lens

PostMon Jul 26, 2021 12:23 pm

Hey guys,
Here is a video about my favourite lens to use on the BMPCC 6K / Pro.

What is yours ?

In this video I talk about about why I love this lens, how I use it, my experience filming with it and what to look for if you’re thinking of getting one.

Let me know if you have any questions in the comments :).

Cheers,
Flo
https://www.oftwolands.com

John Griffin

Re: CONTAX Zeiss 28mm 2.8 | Why this is My Favourite Lens

PostTue Jul 27, 2021 6:32 am

Great lenses. Unlike the FD discussed on another thread they have modern levels of micro contrast, rich colour and flare resistance when used stopped down a bit but wide open or slightly stopped down the edge resolution just has a pleasing and natural softness. This is not like modern lens designs ( esp zooms) where the drop in resolution is accompanied by distracting aberrations. Much better mechanical construction compared to many similar age SLR lenses which are still silky smooth for focus pulls even without add on focus systems.

Carolina Bay

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 3:48 am

I enjoyed your video, I have a Nikkor H-C 28mm 3.5 that is my go to lens mainly due to focal length (for a BMPCC 4K), I got the BMPCC 4K partly because I have a full complement of Nikon vintage lenses, all primes except for one zoom, that I can use with adaptors. This has allowed me to spend money on other items of kit rather than lenses. I am thinking about getting a Titla mini follow focus. The only lens I may add at some point would be a wider angle.

Virgil

Florent Piovesan

PostThu Jul 29, 2021 6:42 am

Carolina Bay wrote:I enjoyed your video, I have a Nikkor H-C 28mm 3.5 that is my go to lens mainly due to focal length (for a BMPCC 4K), I got the BMPCC 4K partly because I have a full complement of Nikon vintage lenses, all primes except for one zoom, that I can use with adaptors. This has allowed me to spend money on other items of kit rather than lenses. I am thinking about getting a Titla mini follow focus. The only lens I may add at some point would be a wider angle.

Virgil

Thank you !! One of my very good friends has a few Nikkor and the image looks amazing.
And definitely go for the Mini Follow Focus, such a great piece of gear for the price. I've done a short review on my channel as well so feel free to check it out :)
https://www.oftwolands.com

Return to Cinematography