Partially Corrupt BRAW File?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

c.stembridge

Partially Corrupt BRAW File?

PostTue Nov 30, 2021 12:42 pm

Hey all,

I've got a file shot on URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2 that will play back fine in camera, but is having issues everywhere else:

- Will not copy from card to computer (Mac or PC)
- I can play it in BRAW Player but it gets stuck a bit of the way in.
- I can access the file and play it in Resolve 17, but it also gets stuck here. Attempting to export it actually seems to work up to a point, then it hangs and gets stuck before failing.

Has anyone seen this before? If so, what measures were you able to take to fix the file?

carlomacchiavello

Re: Partially Corrupt BRAW File?

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 4:17 pm

If in camera is ok I can suppose a problem on card reader or cable of card reader

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Patrick Spectra

PostWed Dec 01, 2021 4:49 pm

If you have an external recorder like a Video assist play it back and record it from the camera. If it’s a card issue, reader or cable, you do risk losing the footage every time you connect it as the computer system could be trying to write files to the card. If you have an Angelbird cfast reader, you should make sure the write protect is on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smunaut

PostFri Dec 03, 2021 9:14 am

It's conceivable that as the title notes, the file is partially corrupt and slight differences in the player code in the camera and in the PC software make one of them tolerate the error and not the other.

There is no way to know without actually looking in the detail at the file itself and analyzing its structure.
Resolve Studio - Ryzen 5800X3D - AMD RX6600 / NVidia RTX 4070 (switching between the 2) - Linux

Return to Cinematography