Need BlackMagic parts

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author
  • Message
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 12:27 pm

Ok,

So I'm trying to be frugal and building up my mini as I go. One of the first things I bought was a top handle. Then I found a shoulder mount used with no handle. Wow! Fortunate? Next I get the viewfinder. OoooPs, not so fortunate. By buying the handle separate I did not get a mounting screw and additional plate for the top handle that comes with the full shoulder mount kit.

Question;

Is there any way to purchase just the two parts I need from BlackMagic? I really don't want to go back and dump another $400 on a new shoulder mount kit. Been surfing GooGoo for a parts list or separate parts with no luck. It's not a crises as I found a 1/4 20 that was long enough to secure the evf and with a small enough head for the top handle to clear but to adjust the eve forward and backward I have to use an allen key.
Offline
User avatar

Travis Hodgkinson

  • Posts: 504
  • Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 am
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 1:00 pm

You can order spare parts from most vendors. Was faced with a similar situation. Managed to order just the parts I needed for the EVF.
Freelance Camera Op & Cinematographer based in Brisbane, Australia.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weapons: URSA 12K + Canon XF605 + Hero 10 + Pocket 6K Pro
Optics: DZO Pictor Zooms + SLR Magic Hyper Prime + Tokina Cinema Zoom
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 1:12 pm

Travis Hodgkinson wrote:You can order spare parts from most vendors. Was faced with a similar situation. Managed to order just the parts I needed for the EVF.


I'll give that a shot by calling a couple of vendors. Looking at Adorama and B&H they have nothing listed on their websites.

Thank you!!
Offline

Ellory Yu

  • Posts: 3013
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Contact BMD support. They might have it in their inventory of small parts and can sell it to you.
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.4
Offline
User avatar

carlomacchiavello

  • Posts: 1818
  • Joined: Tue Aug 28, 2012 6:04 pm
  • Location: italy

Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 6:27 pm

For mine (I prefer to buy a small rig Handle with more holes and rods), I build a simple brick of abs with 3d printer and add a simple screw to fix it.
I found that naval screw use witsworth pass like video making and you found every length you need.
Original Blackmagic Design is good but one piec equipment, I prefer a more modular equipment to put easy in backpack (yes I just had a big big back pack which is also trolley for my ursa).


Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 8:16 pm

That I did do. Sent them an email today so we'll see what happens. Thanks!
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 8:18 pm

carlomacchiavello wrote:For mine (I prefer to buy a small rig Handle with more holes and rods), I build a simple brick of abs with 3d printer and add a simple screw to fix it.
I found that naval screw use witsworth pass like video making and you found every length you need.
Original Blackmagic Design is good but one piec equipment, I prefer a more modular equipment to put easy in backpack (yes I just had a big big back pack which is also trolley for my ursa).


So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
Offline

Tim Schumann

Blackmagic Design

  • Posts: 580
  • Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:21 am

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 10:38 pm

URSA EVF 1/4 Thumbscrew and the URSA EVF Mounting Plate is what you are after if you just have the top handle and need the parts to mount the Viewfinder itself.
Offline

Ellory Yu

  • Posts: 3013
  • Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:25 pm

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 10:54 pm

wemrick1 wrote:So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Besides original BMD parts, I like to use Tilta and Smallrig for rigging. In the photo below, I use a smallrig plate on the side which has a NATO rails and it’s great giving me also additional holes for attachments and also a rosette so I can move the BMD handle for there for easy handheld. The monitor rig is also smallrig. I also have a fin to hold 2 v-mount batts.

IMG_0061_1.jpg
IMG_0061_1.jpg (642.7 KiB) Viewed 446 times
Blackmagic Design URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Blackmagic DaVinci Resolve Studio 17.4.4
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:54 pm

Tim Schumann wrote:URSA EVF 1/4 Thumbscrew and the URSA EVF Mounting Plate is what you are after if you just have the top handle and need the parts to mount the Viewfinder itself.


Thank you! Am trying to source them.

Edit::::

That did the trick. Having the proper names brought up plenty of places to purchase them.

Again.... Thank you!!!
Last edited by wemrick1 on Mon Jan 24, 2022 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Offline

wemrick1

  • Posts: 287
  • Joined: Sun Dec 05, 2021 12:47 pm
  • Location: United States
  • Real Name: Walter Emrick

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostSun Jan 23, 2022 11:57 pm

Ellory Yu wrote:
wemrick1 wrote:So many wonderful toys and so hard to choose! :D

Besides original BMD parts, I like to use Tilta and Smallrig for rigging. In the photo below, I use a smallrig plate on the side which has a NATO rails and it’s great giving me also additional holes for attachments and also a rosette so I can move the BMD handle for there for easy handheld. The monitor rig is also smallrig. I also have a fin to hold 2 v-mount batts.

IMG_0061_1.jpg


Sharp lookin rig!
Offline
User avatar

Xtreemtec

  • Posts: 5012
  • Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2013 11:48 am
  • Location: The Netherlands

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 9:27 am

@Tim Schumann, How do i obtain a few new knobs of the Ursa UB1 / UB2 ? Have 2 cracked Menu knobs ( Those that turn ) and 1 audio knob Ch2/4.. Seems these knobs are under stress and split down the middle in time.

Out of 3 UB cameras got 3 knobs go split now..
Daniel Wittenaar .:: Xtreemtec Media Productions ::. -= www.xtreemtec.nl =-
4K OBV Trailer, ATEM TVS HD, 4M/E Broadcast Studio 4K, Constelation 8K, Hyperdeck Studio 12G, Ursa Broadcast 4K, 4K fiber converters with Sony Control
Offline
User avatar

Travis Hodgkinson

  • Posts: 504
  • Joined: Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:30 am
  • Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Need BlackMagic parts

PostMon Jan 24, 2022 4:26 pm

Maybe someone on here can print rubber dials for the URSA bodies. BM sent me some replacement ones some time ago.
Freelance Camera Op & Cinematographer based in Brisbane, Australia.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Weapons: URSA 12K + Canon XF605 + Hero 10 + Pocket 6K Pro
Optics: DZO Pictor Zooms + SLR Magic Hyper Prime + Tokina Cinema Zoom

Return to Cinematography

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: bror31, Google Feedfetcher and 30 guests