Ursa Mini 4.6K Update

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

johnmahoney

Ursa Mini 4.6K Update

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 12:51 pm

I am using Software 6.0 I downloaded 6,2 and now Camera setup says I should update the camera to 6.2, I have done so, are there any other Mini 4.6K updates that are usefull?

wemrick1

Re: Ursa Mini 4.6K Update

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 1:55 pm

johnmahoney wrote:I am using Software 6.0 I downloaded 6,2 and now Camera setup says I should update the camera to 6.2, I have done so, are there any other Mini 4.6K updates that are usefull?

Question for you. Now that the camera has been extended to 3200 ISO is it any better in low light? How are you getting along with the camera?

Ellory Yu

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 5:08 pm

johnmahoney wrote:I am using Software 6.0 I downloaded 6,2 and now Camera setup says I should update the camera to 6.2, I have done so, are there any other Mini 4.6K updates that are usefull?

Depending on the generation of the URSA Mini Pro, the last update was in May 2019 and that was version 6.4.1 which applies only to the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2.

If you have an older generation URSA Mini Pro, the last meaningful update is 6.0 which was in Nov 2018. For the URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G1 (and probably the older UMP as well), there was a firmware update which was 6.2 that was sometime released in March 2019. However, version 6.2 only has one item change in the camera and that was to remove the CinemaDNG format from the camera as it was no longer supported by BMD. Hence, if you want CinemaDNG on the older UMP, DO NOT UPGRADE to 6.2.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

carlomacchiavello

PostFri Jan 28, 2022 7:03 pm

I did many test between last Ursa Mini Pro g1 upgrade, better to keep 6.0, I’m not interest to have 3200 iso (I had better LUT to have it), I’m not interest of fractional iso (I not need it, I use only raw), but I prefer to have braw and cdng at same time.
I tested extensively in same exact situation different firmware and you obtain exact result, same limits on FPN and noise. No better result.
Keep this firmware, setup resolve to decode braw like gen 5 and you have a great camera on your hand (I have it).

if i remember correctly onyl one thing could be useful on later firmware, is something about timecode sinc from external or something like that.
anyway you can upgrade and downgrade without problem the camera and test everything you need

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography