Forgive me, i bought a Komodo!

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Adam Langdon

Forgive me, i bought a Komodo!

PostThu May 26, 2022 1:44 pm

Joking, of course... but not about owning a RED!

I've been a Blackmagic user since the first Ursa Mini 4k, and i've never looked back. I'm still using my Pocket 6k Pro, as it is insanely flexible and perfect in so many ways. I tried the 12k, and loved it, but the weight and size is starting to effect me as a solo operator who doesn't always have access to an EasyRig.

Plus, I'm curious and have funds and a lull in projects right now. I like to try new things.

i know several of you have bought the Komodo and returned/sold it. I'm just willing to try! (i got a good deal on a used one.)

I'm still hoping BMD comes out with a smaller, more compact Ursa Mini!
URSA Mini 4.6k & Pocket 6k Pro - SLR Magic APO Microprimes - Blazar Remus Anamorphics - Aputure Lighting

timbutt2

Re: Forgive me, i bought a Komodo!

PostThu May 26, 2022 2:10 pm

I’m definitely open to an URSA Micro. I do feel it when operating my UMPG2. So definitely having a slightly smaller and more lightweight option would be worth it.

The Pocket 6K Pro is more lightweight, but is a little awkward for handholding at times. Especially when adding the battery grip and a cinema lens of weight.

I’m very curious what Blackmagic does next. Something is in the works. I’m sure of it. Maybe three classes of URSA; URSA, URSA Mini, and URSA Micro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Return to Cinematography