Camera Update 7.9 for Pocket Cameras

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

kontrakatze

Re: Camera Update 7.9 for Pocket Cameras

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 4:57 pm

@MrHotter: I think it is either or. If your lens has no internal stabilization, the gyro stabilizer is a huge benefit. Even with standard frame rates. But if you have stabilization in your lenses it appears to be not really less shaky in comparison, but way smoother/softer.
And if you take a look at the video (the clip with the window), there is some wobble introduced by the gyro stabilizer (left bottom corner). In addition the crop is kind of hefty, I think.

It is kind of different with wider lenses (16-35mm). In my opinion it looks kind of more stable, as if the rolling shutter was less (which is not possible). But it is more a feeling than science to me.
Stephan Schoenharting
Berlin, Germany
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9HVF-6TcKDkavfcqu0lFMQ/videos

xchrisx

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 4:59 pm

is the gyro better than the built in resolve stabilizer?

Francisco Bartolomé

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 5:07 pm

xchrisx wrote: My question: with this update can you finally view taken dng stills in camera?

I have Resolve version 18 beta 5 installed and I can see and work with the dng images from my BMPCC4K camera

(sorry, this answer was a mistake)
Last edited by Francisco Bartolomé on Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

John Paines

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 5:10 pm

kontrakatze wrote:Regarding the gyro stabilizer, I just made a quick comparison video on yt (nothing fancy):

Wider lens will likely give better results, as they do with gimbals, and it would seem gyro+lens stabilization is to be avoided, but the test everyone is waiting for is the one gimbal youtube reviewers almost always avoid.

If you've got the time and inclination, hold the camera steady as best you can and walk straight down the sidewalk or a long corridor, anything will walls or cars on either side, so there are reference points. Based on your tests so far, I wouldn't have high hopes for the results, it's going to be way more demanding than what's needed to stabilize drone shots, but you never know....

francesco.dadamo

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 5:46 pm

I share some other impressions made with quick tests, out of curiosity, this time with a stabilized lens, the tamron 24-70 g2. First of all if the lens stabilization (VC on the tamrom) is activated before pressing record, the option to stabilize the footage with camera gyro on davinci does not appear. It appears instead if the VC is activated during recording, or clearly if it's not activated at all (who knows if this is connected to the two tamron VC modes that can be changed with the tap-in console, I have to see if this happens on Canon lens too). To my eyes and tastes between the 3 combinations (gyro only, VC only or both) I find it more pleasant and natural to use only the gyro, as long as you can accept the crop. This is especially true if the camera is moving (and going to 90° or 45° shutter angle improves the result). The only scenario where I have found it better to use only the VC on the lens is in the tele range with a still framing, here the VC gives back a tripod-like stabilization while the camera gyro gives has a more floating feeling, pleasing nonetheless.
DRStudio 18.0b build 28 - Win10Pro
Ryzen 5 5600x, 32GB Ram - 3060TI

galaxyhunter

PostFri Jun 24, 2022 11:51 pm

I've installed the update today and I am a bit disappointed because of the graphical changes. The icons and fields are now much smaller. I don't like that way. Please, return to former big quadratic fields.
I admire new autofocus speed though I don't use it too much as I have Moza's gimbal with IFocus.
Maybe now I will use the new upgraded focusing more extensively.
Focus peaking - can anyone explain me the difference except the slider?

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 1:18 am

Jeffrey D Mathias wrote:Question: Is this always on (gyro stab)? There is a switch in the settings but it seems to always be on and not able to turn off. When on I would be interested to know how much the bit-rate will be influenced by having the extra data... thinking of when pushing cameras to best quality and highest speed (also thinking of with my 12K.)

Yes, the gyro sensor is always recorded but the extra data is neglible in this instance.

However, if the lens OIS is turned ON, then the option to use gyro data for the clip will not be available.

Jim Simon

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 4:50 am

Just want to add my compliments to the team for this latest 7.9 update.

Very nice improvements across the board!
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

Robert Niessner

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 6:05 am

Kristian Lam wrote:
Jeffrey D Mathias wrote:Question: Is this always on (gyro stab)? There is a switch in the settings but it seems to always be on and not able to turn off. When on I would be interested to know how much the bit-rate will be influenced by having the extra data... thinking of when pushing cameras to best quality and highest speed (also thinking of with my 12K.)

Yes, the gyro sensor is always recorded but the extra data is neglible in this instance.

However, if the lens OIS is turned off, then the option to use gyro data for the clip will not be available.

I think you meant „ if the lens OIS is turned ON“, right?
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

WahWay

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 6:58 am

The original Ursa Mini 4.6k from 2015 has built in gyroscope capability that was never enabled :?:

AndreeMarkefors

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 8:57 am

kontrakatze wrote:Regarding the gyro stabilizer, I just made a quick comparison video.

You will see each clip 4 times:
1. No stabilization, just hand held
2. Just hand held + DR gyro stabilizer
3. Canon ef-l Image Stablizer only
4. Canon ef-l Image Stabilizer + DR gyro stabilization

Thanks for doing this! All that's missing is:

5. Shot properly, with tripod or at least monopod to support camera :)

Please note that this is tongue-in-cheek and not to to be taken as criticism of your efforts.

But I'll be honest and say that none of those clips would work for me, in terms of 'stabilisation'. It's great to have the feature added for free, but I wouldn't start running around handheld thinking I'd come home with professional looking, stable footage "after running it through post".
Current camera: Canon R5C
Mac Pro 2019: 12c | Dual W6800X Duo | DeckLink Mini Monitor 4K + LG 55C8
MacBook Pro M3 Max 16" 16/40, 64GB

evanfotis

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 9:34 am

Any issues after installing latest fw update
with external control of bmpcc4k via following apps?
Control BlackMagic Camera
or
Blackmagic Pocket Control?

timbutt2

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 11:19 am

WahWay wrote:The original Ursa Mini 4.6k from 2015 has built in gyroscope capability that was never enabled :?:
It’s possible it doesn’t have the gyroscope. The URSA Mini Pro maybe has it hidden in there like the Bluetooth that was hidden at first. But definitely the URSA Mini Pro 12K has it. Why? The Horizon Line UI feature. That used a gyroscope in order to tell you if you’re level. Thus the question is which URSA bodies actually have it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
"I'm well trained in the art of turning **** to gold." - Tim Buttner (timbutt2)

Cameras: URSA Mini Pro G2 & Pocket 6K Pro
Past: UM4.6K, P6K, BMCC 2.5K
Computers: iMac 5K (Mid 2020) & MacBook Pro Retina 15.4in (Mid 2018)

Kristian Lam

Blackmagic Design

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 11:47 am

Robert Niessner wrote:
Kristian Lam wrote:

However, if the lens OIS is turned off, then the option to use gyro data for the clip will not be available.

I think you meant „ if the lens OIS is turned ON“, right?

Yes you're right. Original post updated. Thanks.

moodster

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 12:30 pm

So, regarding gyro stab.

Did a very quick test today whilst uploading some footage. Lens used was Panasonic 12-35 Mft OIS V1

DR did not show any option for Gyro stab, unless the lens stabilization was turned off (in the camera menu)

Is this valid for ALL optically stabilized lenses - IE either lens IS or Gyro stabilization?

Hope this is not the case…

Mark Foster

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 12:39 pm

moodster wrote:So, regarding gyro stab.

Did a very quick test today whilst uploading some footage. Lens used was Panasonic 12-35 Mft OIS V1

DR did not show any option for Gyro stab, unless the lens stabilization was turned off (in the camera menu)

Is this valid for ALL optically stabilized lenses - IE either lens IS or Gyro stabilization?

Hope this is not the case…

this is because the lens stabilization compensates and thus works against the gyro.
the same optical phenomene is seen with stabilized cameras on gimbals and sliders
when the internal stabilization is not turned off.
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

John Paines

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 1:13 pm

In fact lens stabilization does improve gimbal performance -- at least with some gimbals and some lenses, especially reducing micro-jitters. And some of the best overall gimbal performance has been achieved with 5-axis body stabilization, at least based on third-party samples. But evidently not an option in this case.

wemrick1

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 1:50 pm

John Paines wrote:In fact lens stabilization does improve gimbal performance -- at least with some gimbals and some lenses, especially reducing micro-jitters. And some of the best overall gimbal performance has been achieved with 5-axis body stabilization, at least based on third-party samples. But evidently not an option in this case.

Ditto. In fact in my experience with gimbals and sliders, in body or in lens stabilization creates problems where the stabilization grabs and releases a frame causing jitters.

Thecreator82

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 2:15 pm

I have been a happy owner of the BMPCC4K for less than a month. As soon as I unpacked the camera I already found the firmware updated to version 7.3 Today I updated to version 7.9 and I'm very happy to see improvements in the menu. I have noticed that the stabilization option cannot be turned off as it was before. I only use manual cine lenses and therefore I had disabled the stabilization option. Maybe now it can't be turned off because of the gyroscope? However, the serious thing I noticed is that in 4K 2.40: 1 it is no longer possible to record at 75 fps but it is limited only to 60 fps! To correct !!!

Jim Simon

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 2:17 pm

Kristian Lam wrote:However, if the lens OIS is turned on, then the option to use gyro data for the clip will not be available.
Well that sucks!
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

Tom Roper

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 2:35 pm

I think that's the correct behavior. Gyro is compensating for movements in the body and would be unaware of lens correction movements. I have Sony with gyro stabilization too, and it works better with camera stabilizations off. And on a gimbal for me anyway, it seems as good if not better to leave camera stabilizations on and skip the gyro based post stabilization altogether. For sure it saves a lot of time versus post stabilization and with Sony, it's also a round trip between Catalyst Browse and Resolve.

Pavel Rybakov

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 4:22 pm

It's impossible to use gyro data for stabilizing with OIS. Camera records body movement using the gyro, OIS stabilizing using it's own gyro. Both gyros are not in sync.
https://vimeo.com/nrggroup
...and sorry for my english =)
ASUS GL504GS laptop with Corei7 8750 & GeForce 1070, SSD Toshiba 512 NVMe + SSD Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB
Macbook Air M1 8/256

Elvisthepug

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 6:08 pm

I just bricked my BMPCC 4K during an attempt to install this new update on a Windows 10 64 machine.
I had external power used to power the camera(the factory wall wart) and a 3 foot usb 3 cable to the camera body.
The update got all the way to 99% and stayed there for 2 hours.

So after using task manager to end the task of the Camera Setup app that was using 0% CPU, the camera's red power indicator stayed red even after setting the power switch to off.

So my query is, can I do anything myself to attempt a power on that might reset the firmware condition of this camera body?

And more than likely I will need to send this to a service center hopefully not too far from where I live here in Seattle.

Any advice on steps to remedy this would be appreciated, thank you.

Robert Niessner

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 10:38 pm

Elvisthepug wrote:I just bricked my BMPCC 4K during an attempt to install this new update on a Windows 10 64 machine.
I had external power used to power the camera(the factory wall wart) and a 3 foot usb 3 cable to the camera body.
The update got all the way to 99% and stayed there for 2 hours.

So after using task manager to end the task of the Camera Setup app that was using 0% CPU, the camera's red power indicator stayed red even after setting the power switch to off.

So my query is, can I do anything myself to attempt a power on that might reset the firmware condition of this camera body?

And more than likely I will need to send this to a service center hopefully not too far from where I live here in Seattle.

Any advice on steps to remedy this would be appreciated, thank you.

Don't worry, you can fix this on your own:
Kristian Lam wrote about the procedure
viewtopic.php?p=860376#p860376
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Elvisthepug

PostSat Jun 25, 2022 10:53 pm

That is very encouraging! :)

Thank you for your quick response, much appreciated!!

Olivier Burri

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 8:03 am

Weird thing on 7.9 update:

Cannot turn on the 2.0 desqueeze on the new menu.
1.33 works perfectly but not 2.0 for some reason.

Ideally, I would see a 1.8 or variable desqueeze as I'm using the GreatJoy 35mm anamorphic lens.

Someone?
Olivier G. Burri

roger.magnusson

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 9:33 am

You can't desqueeze 2x when using the full sensor as it's a widescreen sensor.

rick.lang

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 2:16 pm

To paraphrase the camera manual, the desqueeze options that are active are only those that would apply to the current resolution aspect ratio to transform it to a widescreen deliverable.

It’s not seen as user selectable to any value (such as 1.8x or 1.5x) or to any resolution (such as 2:1). Nothing wrong with those non-conforming items but BMD cinema cameras simply don’t currently support them for desqueeze.
Rick Lang

Zweistein

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 2:51 pm

Olivier Burri wrote:Cannot turn on the 2.0 desqueeze on the new menu.
1.33 works perfectly but not 2.0 for some reason.

Ideally, I would see a 1.8 or variable desqueeze as I'm using the GreatJoy 35mm anamorphic lens.

Here are two feature request threads for this. Consider put your "+1" under them.

–> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162465

–> viewtopic.php?f=2&t=155470
Cinematographerwww.janniktesch.comwww.sensorsizes.com
UMP 4.6K G1 6.9.4 – PCC4K OLPF 8.1 – Resolve Studio 18.6.5 – macOS 14.4 – MacBook Pro 2023, M2 Pro, 14"
EIZO CG247XUltraStudio Monitor 3G 12.5 – Micro Panel

RaulAndres

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 8:45 pm

I love how much the autofocus has been improved. Even with a Metabones Speedbooster, it's lightning fast. This makes me wonder if Blackmagic is on the verge of introducing continuous AF to their cameras.
Last edited by RaulAndres on Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jim Simon

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 10:21 pm

RaulAndres wrote:I love how much the autofocus has been improved.
Noticed that myself. Gotta be 3x to 5x faster for me.
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.

teo3vs

PostSun Jun 26, 2022 11:44 pm

After the update I have been able to use the autofocus for the first time ever with the Pocket 4K + Viltrox EF-M2 II (Firmware 4.0)! :o It works so bad that it is still almost unuseful, but at least something is better than nothing.

Also manual focus on Ronin RS2 now can work without focus motor. You just connect the USB to the Ronin (loosing the option of connecting the external SSD :cry: ) and it works. Again not as smooth as with the focus motor and the lens makes a weird clicking noise, but it finally works at least!

solarquip

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 am

Since the update 7.9 was applied to both my BMPCC 4K and 6K Pro, neither will now record to my Samsung T5 SSD's (500MB or 1TB) for more than a few seconds before they start dropping frames. I've tried all bitrates and resolutions and same problem.

carlomacchiavello

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 9:05 am

solarquip wrote:Since the update 7.9 was applied to both my BMPCC 4K and 6K Pro, neither will now record to my Samsung T5 SSD's (500MB or 1TB) for more than a few seconds before they start dropping frames. I've tried all bitrates and resolutions and same problem.
Have you formatted from camera? I had updated all cameras but all work fine like ever, sd cfast and ssd. If you have a problem with both cameras could be a ssd problem. Check with a different cable, sometimes can be damaged and give you this kind of problems.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Sirineos

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 9:58 am

RaulAndres wrote:I love how much the autofocus has been improved. Even with a Metabones Speedbooster, it's lightning fast. This makes me wonder if Blackmagic is on the verge of introducing continuous AF to their cameras.

Yes, autofocus has been improved a lot!
It is never late if happiness is good!
I thank the entire BlackMagic team for the effort they have made to achieve it!

solarquip

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 11:48 am

carlomacchiavello wrote:
solarquip wrote:Since the update 7.9 was applied to both my BMPCC 4K and 6K Pro, neither will now record to my Samsung T5 SSD's (500MB or 1TB) for more than a few seconds before they start dropping frames. I've tried all bitrates and resolutions and same problem.
Have you formatted from camera? I had updated all cameras but all work fine like ever, sd cfast and ssd. If you have a problem with both cameras could be a ssd problem. Check with a different cable, sometimes can be damaged and give you this kind of problems.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk
OMG, thanks so much Carlo, it was indeed the cable (cheap flexible type)!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TeamDLS

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 1:44 pm

For the new stabilization feature, will we see any way of creating and saving some sort of lens profiles in the near future? I think this would improve the stabilization even more.
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019)
2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8GB
EGPU: Radeon™ Pro WX 8200 8GB

macOS Monterey

Dane-Casp

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 5:30 pm

TeamDLS wrote:For the new stabilization feature, will we see any way of creating and saving some sort of lens profiles in the near future? I think this would improve the stabilization even more.

I agree, with some extra lens profile data, this has the potential to be incredibly robust. I can see the potential for off the charts stabilization with that info. as many have mentioned, motion blur is the biggest enemy of this kind of stabilization, but theoretically this method could also work well in combo with a gimbal, so having that extra lens profile data could, possibly, help achieve near perfect gimbal shots. Crossing my fingers they really fine tune gyro stabilization over the next few months :D

John Paines

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 6:07 pm

Dane-Casp wrote:
TeamDLS wrote:For the new stabilization feature, will we see any way of creating and saving some sort of lens profiles in the near future? I think this would improve the stabilization even more.

I agree, with some extra lens profile data, this has the potential to be incredibly robust. I can see the potential for off the charts stabilization with that info.

I may be missing something, but I don't see what use a lens profile would have for gyro stabilization? What's the thinking here? As already noted, OIS and gyro cannot be integrated, because they're fundamentally in conflict. A predictive set of numbers of how the OIS is going to work to stabilize, integrated with gyro recorded data, so as to correct the gyro data after-the-fact, would seem to be impossibly complicated and probably self-defeating, even assuming there's enough information in either set to harmonize the two. Or have I entirely missed the boat and the wharf here?

And "near perfect gimbal shots" is maybe a contradiction in terms. The peculiar mechanical "robocop" nature of gimbal stabilization is something audiences probably won't care about much, but few shooters with means would go this route over Steadicam. Even crude hand-held work can sometimes be preferable.

Di2ifter

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 6:38 pm

Has anyone else noticed there's a bit of a lag when hitting record after updating to the new firmware? I use my 6K Pro and 4K for events and I've noticed it in both cameras. Starting a take is still decently snappy, but it's especially noticeable at the tail end when you stop recording. It seems to take almost a full second now for it stop and finish writing the clip to the card. I use the Angelbird CFast cards, so perhaps those who use T5 SSD's have experienced different?

It's not that huge of a deal, but I've been using these cameras since the 4K came out and it's pretty much engrained in my muscle memory that starting and stopping recordings are instant.

Overall though, the firmware update has been awesome and the slight tweaks and additions to the OS were very welcome.

Fronduti

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 7:41 pm

Is the gyro stabilization feature available on the Blackmagic Ursa Mini Pro 12k?

Dane-Casp

PostMon Jun 27, 2022 8:40 pm

John Paines wrote:

I may be missing something, but I don't see what use a lens profile would have for gyro stabilization? What's the thinking here?

The gyro data is useful, and its already producing pretty good results, but how much correction you need to apply to the image is drastically different on a 8mm lens, then it is on a 200mm lens. If you rotate the camera 1 degree on an 8mm lens, you might not even notice, but on a 200mm lens, that is a lot of pixels that just shifted location, that need to be corrected with the stabilizer. So perhaps a full on distortion profile etc might not be needed, but just knowing what the focal length of the lens was could help a lot to get even better stabilization.

The reason a profile would be useful instead of just entering the focal length, is that not every lens of the same focal length produces the same image, some 24mm lenses, behave more like a 25mm lens, and some behave more like a 23mm lens.

Not sure if profiling lens distortion matters or not, since I am assuming black magic is is essentially just panning the image around to counteract motion, so its possible these "profiles" could be very basic and easy to do.

avidearvisuals

PostTue Jun 28, 2022 7:15 pm

Hi!

Since the 7.9 update, recording on my Samsung T5 SSDs now fails after 5 seconds each time (dropped frame). This is on both my 2 tb, 1tb, and 500gb. ALL of these worked prior to the update with no problems.

Only after formatting the card over and over again in camera, turning off and on the camera, unplugging and plugging the SSD back in does it finally work. And then itll work for that shoot and the next day im back to square one with the recording failing.

I'm using the same cables (that came with T5) that ive been using for a year.
It does not matter if i lower the quality recording, it fails no matter what.

Any ideas?
Thank you!

Igor Petrović

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 11:33 am

Has anyone else noticed a problem when changing the resolution in ProRes?

If you change the resolution to windowed mode and then return to a resolution that can support the full sensor area, it automatically remains windowed.

6K Pro
Update 7.9

Mike Potton

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 5:23 pm

Yep, it will default to window mode when selecting HD pro res for me on the 4k, previously it wouldn’t have. It’s such a big crop it’s obvious, but frustrating.

Mark Foster

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 5:43 pm

see this problem neither under prores, nor under BRAW
cMP 5.1 2x3,46/96GB/2x2TB SSD/4x4TB/7101A 4x2TB 970evo+/HP1344/BMD4k/RadeonVII
macOS 12.6.3
BMPCC 6k pro (7.9.1)
meike s35 cine 25mm, 35mm, 50mm, 75mm
resolve studio 18.1.4
mini panel
speed editor
desktop video 12.1
intensity pro 4k
atem extreme (8.6.1)

SalopFilms

PostWed Jun 29, 2022 7:38 pm

avidearvisuals wrote:Hi!

Since the 7.9 update, recording on my Samsung T5 SSDs now fails after 5 seconds each time (dropped frame). This is on both my 2 tb, 1tb, and 500gb. ALL of these worked prior to the update with no problems.

Only after formatting the card over and over again in camera, turning off and on the camera, unplugging and plugging the SSD back in does it finally work. And then itll work for that shoot and the next day im back to square one with the recording failing.

I'm using the same cables (that came with T5) that ive been using for a year.
It does not matter if i lower the quality recording, it fails no matter what.

Any ideas?
Thank you!

Tried using a different cable? It just might be coincidence that the cable decided to play silly buggers around the time of the 7.9 update. You never know but it's easy to find out...

Damian Sciberras

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 12:44 am

Has anyone else experienced not being able to select 75fps when using the 2:4:1 aspect ratio?

It only lets you choose 60fps as the maximum off speed frame rate.

Seems a bit weird they would remove this, I use this quite a lot!!
Not all storms come to disrupt your life, some come to clear your path!

Robert Niessner

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 5:36 am

Damian Sciberras wrote:Has anyone else experienced not being able to select 75fps when using the 2:4:1 aspect ratio?

It only lets you choose 60fps as the maximum off speed frame rate.

Seems a bit weird they would remove this, I use this quite a lot!!

EDIT: wrong link

EDIT 2: that’s the correct one:
viewtopic.php?p=860380#p860380
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria

Topassi

PostThu Jun 30, 2022 4:31 pm

Hi,

Olympus pro 12-100mm F4-F22 IS
Olympus pro 17mm F1.2-F16 non IS

Image stabilization in camera setup for both lenses indicates "on" with an inactive switch, so it cannot be changed. That's okay for me and I can use gyro stabilization in resolve with both lenses (regardless if it always makes sense or not).

Both lenses working well with updated and quick focus, that's now some fun.
Using gyro stabilization with the 17mm is really working smooth, if I have my movements controlled.

On both lenses aperture loses 1/10th at start, so going from F4.1 and F1.3, respectively. A fix would still be nice. End values are at the given max values F22 and F16. Anyone else observed that?

Did anyone check the Olympus 100-400 lens if it's working like with the last 7.3.2 beta firmware reported?

Thomas
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography