feature request 8.0 [emoji16]

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

carlomacchiavello

feature request 8.0 [emoji16]

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 12:00 pm

Bmd give us many great addon with latest firmware, i will see over :-P

1) recently i met a trouble with my pockets, i'm sure was from my fault but... i would like to have a ability to lock touchscreen changment of key parameters like framerate//iso//shutter//iris

should an option like format, you must choose this feature, you must keep pressed three seconds button to confirm to lock this parameters, but if you work in a confusing environment allow you to avoid to change some parameters for error clicking on touch and wheel.

and some small addition for cameras setup like :
2) dual iso cam shouldnt have abitlity to change iso during recording between two gammas.
if i recording in first gamma (400iso) and i recording, i should can change only between 100-1000, i should not go upper be cause later metadata of file stay on one value and clip could have problems to manage iso (today with gen 5 is better, but should be avoided).

3) bigger value on false color scale, i adore false color, but value on it are very small (i'm aged, 48 years ;-))
4) when audio is disable put red advise on vue meter, to avoid that people forget that disable it for some work and later don't remember of it (i know, i ever check all, but is better to know).

5) ability to remap also autofocus and autoexposure button to other function, i never use it, and would like to map for other work.

6) ability to understand better the exposure shutter when you go to lower frame rate
when you need slower time of exposure is possible to mix lower offset frame rate, timelapse option, but is not simple to calculate shutter time, could be useful to see this number change accordly to frame rate.

7) more gain on audio (i had external recorder, but... when i use direct mic).

8) is possibile to expand the number of loadable LUTS? is a memory limits?
if i can i would to delete internal LUT to give me more room for mine.

9) upgrade cs gen 5 for ump g1 and g2 or..... if not,
you can add ability to cam to build a sidecar file for every braw recorded that allow to be interpreted like gen5 shooting? i just do it with resolve, but for people that use premiere or avid should be a great addition. it's few text data that could be a generic data, just only associated to clip name/timecode etc less computing request than change CS in camera ;-D

10) Enable camera to see the DNG single picture (it's uncompressed cdng shouldnt be a problem for red patent)

11) Enable cam to send by Blutooth single picture dng to a phone

12) ability to tag a frame during recording or later in the review of shooting, from camera or from app, shouldn't be so complex, a simple metadata that tag the number of frame and note

13) add waveform to screen tool, i just have VA4k with waveform but not ever i use it with my cameras ;-D i came from gh5 that had it and was very useful for some situation.

14) add to a third rules more scheme, like golden rules, Fibonacci’s spiral and more.

15) add a switch to disable gyro data on camera for some situation where you want to avoid : I use stabilised lens, I not stabilise tripod video, I want to be sure that I can close video if there is energy interruption, I’m pretty sure that is the cause of problem of corrupted video after gyro introduction, before it I never found corrupted video on energy interruption, gyro metadata need to be written with frame, and cause a different caching of data. I go back to firmware before and same interruption that give me corrupted video on 7.9.1 not give me corrupted video with 7.6.

Or if is newer optimisation recording (more cache on camera?) go back previous and assure us to have no corrupted recording. If people want to record on rubbish support is their problems, not must be a my problem that I invest on good cfast and faster ssd that in the last 9 years never give me problems.
Last edited by carlomacchiavello on Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:34 am, edited 2 times in total.

wemrick1

Re: feature request 8.0 :-D

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 12:38 pm

Ditto per waveform.

rick.lang

Re: feature request 8.0 [emoji16]

PostWed Aug 17, 2022 7:50 pm

Lots of interesting ideas.

Regarding “shutter time” calculations:
Is it not sufficient to use shutter angle so you don’t have to calculate shutter speed with changes to the frame rate? Shutter speed was added years ago to make it easier for people with a background in photography. But for motion pictures, shutter angle really simplifies the exposure if you just leave it alone. Whether you are shooting 24 fps or 25 fps and switching to 50 fps or 60 fps, constant shutter angle 180 degrees usually gives you what you want in terms of an accurate exposure.

The one exception is if you want a constant motion blur in each frame as a faster frame rate is used. It’s more subjective than simple math, but you might want a 360 degree shutter angle when shooting at frame rate 50 fps to match the motion blur of your normal 25 fps shot with 180 degree shutter angle.
Rick Lang

Zweistein

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 7:05 am

carlomacchiavello wrote:if i can i would to delete internal LUT to give me more room for mine.

You can do that :-)
I'm on FW 7.9.1

Good feature requests.
Cinematographerwww.janniktesch.comwww.sensorsizes.com
UMP 4.6K G1 6.9.4 – PCC4K OLPF 8.1 – Resolve Studio 18.6.5 – macOS 14.4 – MacBook Pro 2023, M2 Pro, 14"
EIZO CG247XUltraStudio Monitor 3G 12.5 – Micro Panel

kambor

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 10:50 am

+1 to remapping buttons, specially autoexposure (i don't think ot is used by anyone that owns a BM)

carlomacchiavello

Re: feature request 8.0 [emoji16]

PostThu Aug 18, 2022 4:53 pm

Zweistein wrote:
carlomacchiavello wrote:if i can i would to delete internal LUT to give me more room for mine.

You can do that :-)
I'm on FW 7.9.1

Good feature requests.
I miss it thanks

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Return to Cinematography