Extracting LUTs from BRAW

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ChrisMChurchill

Extracting LUTs from BRAW

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 5:21 pm

Is there a way to extract a lut that was applied to a BRAW file in camera?

ShaheedMalik

Re: Extracting LUTs from BRAW

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 9:53 pm

Good question.

Ellory Yu

PostThu Dec 08, 2022 11:27 pm

I’m not sure if you can extract an embedded LUT in BRAW. I do not embed a LUT as a practice. It might present itself as part of the first node in the Color tab that you might be able to just delete. Also if you are using a sidecar, the LUT might be on it and by removing the sidecar or modifying it to remove the LUT information might be how it’s done. Might have to experiment or wait for someone with a definite answer.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

ShaheedMalik

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 4:05 am

Ellory Yu wrote:I’m not sure if you can extract an embedded LUT in BRAW. I do not embed a LUT as a practice. It might present itself as part of the first node in the Color tab that you might be able to just delete. Also if you are using a sidecar, the LUT might be on it and by removing the sidecar or modifying it to remove the LUT information might be how it’s done. Might have to experiment or wait for someone with a definite answer.

It's presented in the Raw tab as an option you can turn on. It's not a node.

Ellory Yu

PostFri Dec 09, 2022 7:00 am

ShaheedMalik wrote:
Ellory Yu wrote:I’m not sure if you can extract an embedded LUT in BRAW. I do not embed a LUT as a practice. It might present itself as part of the first node in the Color tab that you might be able to just delete. Also if you are using a sidecar, the LUT might be on it and by removing the sidecar or modifying it to remove the LUT information might be how it’s done. Might have to experiment or wait for someone with a definite answer.

It's presented in the Raw tab as an option you can turn on. It's not a node.

Shaheed, thanks for clarifying that.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Return to Cinematography