Update on Camera Shipments

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks

Re: Update on Camera Shipments

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 9:25 pm

Costa wrote:Sorry Pete but when the original sensor issue occurred 5% were ok and were shipped. The implication is that they are still getting bad sensors but not ALL of them are bad, hence the limited volumes shipped. The newest statement DOES contradict the last. At this point if every sensor was checked and ok'd (even if it is going slowly) so far they would go with it. Simple.

Not really. At no point does Lam's statement say that any had actually failed any tests. That statement or is required for it to contradict the previous Perry.

If I'm still using a slow checking procedure on a product thats keeping me well below the production targets I'm looking at, the very best that my opinion on the component causing this is can be is not happy.

Without a defintion of whats required to be happy all we are doing is guessing as to what not happy means and therefore what Lam's statement means.

One possible definition is that a whole batch of sensors has to pass before they are happy, and at the time of each statement they still hadnt completed a batch (and at a few cameras a day they might not have finsished a batch).

At the point of Perry's statement they were not happy with the sensors, how can we tell, they werent stepping up production, as that is what the problem apparently is. At Lam's they still werent happy.

It's telling that it wasnt Perry that made the latest statment. It most likely means that it was most likely a sop to those demanding updates even when theres no change.

Odd to see that otheres seem to have read Perry's statement as bmeaning they are further along than I did. I'm usuually an optomist, but to me it still read like a theres still a problem here kids but whe think thats the end of the tunnel gliimering up there, not another mirror reflecting your torch so can you lower the pitch fork slightly. That may well be where the contradictory thing appears, an over optomistic reading of the 1st post.

Note I'm in no way trying to exscuse BM here I'm just saying that I read their 1st statement differenty, meaning I find it entirely in step with the second.

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 9:28 pm

Pete Proniewicz-Brooks wrote:
Costa wrote:Sorry Pete but when the original sensor issue occurred 5% were ok and were shipped. The implication is that they are still getting bad sensors but not ALL of them are bad, hence the limited volumes shipped. The newest statement DOES contradict the last. At this point if every sensor was checked and ok'd (even if it is going slowly) so far they would go with it. Simple.

Not really. At no point does Lam's statement say that any had actually failed any tests. That statement or is required for it to contradict the previous Perry.

If I'm still using a slow checking procedure on a product thats keeping me well below the production targets I'm looking at, the very best that my opinion on the component causing this is can be is not happy.

Without a defintion of whats required to be happy all we are doing is guessing as to what not happy means and therefore what Lam's statement means.

One possible definition is that a whole batch of sensors has to pass before they are happy, and at the time of each statement they still hadnt completed a batch (and at a few cameras a day they might not have finsished a batch).

At the point of Perry's statement they were not happy with the sensors, how can we tell, they werent stepping up production, as that is what the problem apparently is. At Lam's they still werent happy.

It's telling that it wasnt Perry that made the latest statment. It most likely means that it was most likely a sop to those demanding updates even when theres no change.

Odd to see that otheres seem to have read Perry's statement as bmeaning they are further along than I did. I'm usuually an optomist, but to me it still read like a theres still a problem here kids but whe think thats the end of the tunnel gliimering up there, not another mirror reflecting your torch so can you lower the pitch fork slightly. That may well be where the contradictory thing appears, an over optomistic reading of the 1st post.

Note I'm in no way trying to exscuse BM here I'm just saying that I read their 1st statement differenty, meaning I find it entirely in step with the second.

Again you're not understanding the messages and the obvious facts. And whose Perry? Do you mean Petty? You're not even reading the names of the posters right.

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 9:34 pm

Costa wrote:And whose Perry? Do you mean Petty? You're not even reading the names of the posters right.

Oh c'mon now... let's not do this. I think we know who he meant. At any rate, let's see what Blackmagic has to say about the situation. The next update should give us more information, hopefully a realistic timeline so that we can decide what we want to do as customers, namely wait or go elsewhere.
Paul Del Vecchio - Director/Producer
http://www.pauldv.net
http://www.youtube.com/user/pdelvecchio814
http://www.facebook.com/pauldv
http://instagram.com/pdelv
Twitter: @pauldv

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 9:36 pm

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
Costa wrote:And whose Perry? Do you mean Petty? You're not even reading the names of the posters right.

Oh c'mon now... let's not do this. I think we know who he meant. At any rate, let's see what Blackmagic has to say about the situation. The next update should give us more information, hopefully a realistic timeline so that we can decide what we want to do as customers, namely wait or go elsewhere.

Ok you're right. I went too far.. Sorry Pete.

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 9:53 pm

Costa wrote:
PaulDelVecchio wrote:

Ok you're right. I went too far.. Sorry Pete.

We're all just antsy and on edge because what it boils down to is that we really just want this amazing camera at this amazing price. Obviously we could go elsewhere, but truthfully, there is nothing that compares for the price, and that's why we're on edge, because if there was something comparable at the same price, we would have jumped on it by now. Well, I don't want to speak for anyone else, so I'll say that I would have considered another option.

Another thing is that I just kind of don't WANT to consider another option because I really like what Blackmagic is offering. I like the Blackmagic Cinema Camera and Blackmagic as a company so it would almost sadden me to go elsewhere considering I've been rooting for this camera and company for months. To go elsewhere would be giving all that up - a strange attachment that I've had to this cam, perhaps from seeing its promise and seeing it evolve.

I like to think that means I'd be a good father. My girlfriend's a lucky girl...

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:14 pm

Hmm note sure about them being a good company, but they have great engineer's.

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:21 pm

This might sound a bit odd, but I think I am more excited about the delivery of my new Go Pro Hero 3 than I am the Black Magic Cinema Camera.

When I get the BMC I just imagine I will be able to film the same stuff I could always film but it will look better.

When I get the GPH3, I am thinking I will be able to film stuff I could never easily film before...now that is cool.

And not only that, I reckon the two cameras, BMC and GPH3, make perfect shooting companions.

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:27 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:This might sound a bit odd, but I think I am more excited about the delivery of my new Go Pro Hero 3 than I am the Black Magic Cinema Camera.

When I get the BMC I just imagine I will be able to film the same stuff I could always film but it will look better.

When I get the GPH3, I am thinking I will be able to film stuff I could never easily film before...now that is cool.

And not only that, I reckon the two cameras, BMC and GPH3, make perfect shooting companions.

I've ordered a GoPro also. I can't wait. It'll make a great companion to the BMCC when I want to get some crazy shots, or I can mount it to a car, etc.

Not that I can't mount the BMCC to a car, but the GoPro is more flexible because of its size. Plus, if it breaks (God forbid) I'm only out $400 as opposed to $3000. Makes me feel a little bit better. =)
Last edited by PaulDelVecchio on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bill Rich

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:28 pm

Paul. I think you hit the nail on the head.. That's exactly how I feel about the BMCC and Blackmagic Design as a company..
I currently have the original GoPro HeroHD.. but plan on getting the new Black Edition.. I agree that it will make a great companion to the BMCC!
Last edited by Bill Rich on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Rich
PhotoJournalist/Editor/Producer
Los Angeles, California

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:29 pm

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
Andrew Deme wrote:This might sound a bit odd, but I think I am more excited about the delivery of my new Go Pro Hero 3 than I am the Black Magic Cinema Camera.

I've ordered a GoPro also. I can't wait. It'll make a great companion to the BMCC when I want to get some crazy shots.

What's the hook with GoPro? 4k at 15fps ... doesn't seem ideal.

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:34 pm

Costa wrote:

No, it can do 2.7K at 24fps with an Ultra Wide FOV or you can change it to 1080p and get different FOVs. It'll be fun playing with that as a BCam to the BMCC, which will be my A-Cam.

4K at 15fps is kinda useless to me.

Bill Rich

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Exactly! not to mention 720/120p for action shots/slo-mo! I'm not too sure about the 4K at 15p.. I'd have to see what it really looks like.

Plus those GoPro's a crazy tough cameras.. A friend had his watertight case open while shooting under a waterfall.. the thing got soaked! but after it dried that sucker still worked perfect!
Last edited by Bill Rich on Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Rich
Los Angeles, California

candres

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

just cancelled my 3 pre-orders (june 2012). yes, i was planning to buy 3 for my production house. im going to recieve the new sony f5s, which arent even avail for preorder yet, before my blackmagic order would have arrived.

sorry grant, though i wish you guys the best a friend who works for you has told me the recent updates/reports being issued are not entirely truthful. that is all i will say, though i wish you will bite the bullet and be honest and transparent about the reality of your current situation with the 1000s who are in limbo.

best of luck, however, i know things are tough right now. and i do believe blackmagic has a game changer. i will order a blackmagic after your manuf capacities and quality control systems are improved...in all reality, this will beend of next year after youve opened preorders for the next sensor iteration of this camera.

as for the rest of you, unless you were one of the first several hundred to place a preorder for this camera (i.e. by april) my contact said in all likelihood you wont be getting your camera before may/june next yr. blackmagic's monthly manuf capacity is just too small to assemble, test, retest and ship more than a few dozen monthly. and that is if everything went smoothly, which it clearly isnt.

i bet this message will get deleted...

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

Costa wrote:
PaulDelVecchio wrote:

I've ordered a GoPro also. I can't wait. It'll make a great companion to the BMCC when I want to get some crazy shots.

The 4K at 15fps is actually the feature I am most looking forward to....this will be plenty useful for what I want to do but will keep my powder dry as I much rather talking about crap I have done, than crap I am gunna do.

Christine Peterson

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 10:59 pm

candre wrote:i bet this message will get deleted...

Hi candre,

I won't delete your post, but as I've said before - there are a lot of rumors circulating. Please take everything you hear with a big grain of salt unless you hear it directly from a Blackmagic rep.
Christine Peterson

(Previously Community Relations Manager for Blackmagic Design)

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:01 pm

Christine Peterson wrote:

Hi candre,

I won't delete your post, but as I've said before - there are a lot of rumors circulating. Please take everything you hear with a big grain of salt unless you hear it directly from a Blackmagic rep.

What if he heard it from a BMD employee, which he seems to have?

PaulDelVecchio

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:04 pm

Costa wrote:

Hi candre,

I'd be cautious of listening to someone who has 1 post to his name. It could just be someone starting rumors. It might not be, but it very well could be someone just angry at the situation. Who knows. Again, hopefully this next update will give us the info we need to make an informed decision on what we should do for our business/personal needs.

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:10 pm

PaulDelVecchio wrote:
Costa wrote:

I'd be cautious of listening to someone who has 1 post to his name. It could just be someone starting rumors. It might not be, but it very well could be someone just angry at the situation. Who knows. Again, hopefully this next update will give us the info we need to make an informed decision on what we should do for our business/personal needs.

What does it say when I trust a person with one post over BMD;)

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:13 pm

From everything I have read, the issue has nothing to do with Manufacturing Capacity and everything to do with delivery of good sensors.

BMD get good sensors and we all get cameras.

The the moment my feeling is that BMD are actually going through their delivery of sensors, testing them all and every now and again finding ones that pass the test and then they ship the next camera.

AJ.infinite

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:20 pm

Christine, it's a pretty huge grain of salt at the moment. Authorized dealers are unsure, and my dealer has already started talking about refunding preorders, so BMD needs to come forward in a hurry, and tell it exactly like it is by providing end all delivery time frames.

I want the camera that I paid for, otherwise I wouldn't be here, but when my dealer is feeling unsure about holding money through the first of the year without solid commitment from BMD , it's a whole different problem. I called BMD to ask if they would have any options if it ends up that dealers start refunding preorders, and the BMD associate told me that I'd have to handle it with my dealer... I'm number 3 with my dealer, and to think a top 5 order cant be fulfilled is kinda crazy.

Lee Daley

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:25 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:From everything I have read, the issue has nothing to do with Manufacturing Capacity and everything to do with delivery of good sensors.

The the moment my feeling is that BMD are actually going through their delivery of sensors, testing them all and every now and again finding ones that pass the test and then they ship the next camera.

I don't usually comment on the whole shipment topic as it just a big distraction but Andrew Deme is bang on the money.
I hope after all the belly aching when people do get their cameras that I see a tone of well shot well scripted and well produces content, shorts and music videos as there will be no excuse given the length of the delay,
Visual Artist
www.leemjdaley.com

Jesuan Soriano

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:27 pm

Just something I don't get...

They recieved sensor that are not good enough. so they are still waiting for new sensors but in the meantime they are shipping cameras..so are they with a bad sensor?? They just got a few good sensors?? but if that was the problem but already shipping cameras...so was that the real problem??? Sorry but I don't understand...

I'm still thinking that the sensor suplier is Sony and it's smashing BMD and BMD doesn't want to publicly offend Sony because it's very powerful to blame them. Is that true??

If yes: tap once
If not: tap twice

Jesus
Jesus Soriano

AJ.infinite

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:From everything I have read, the issue has nothing to do with Manufacturing Capacity and everything to do with delivery of good sensors.

So the manufacturer that is in the business of manufacturing imaging sensors, have been continuously sending contaminated sensors even after being made aware of the issue months ago??? Packaging seems as if it would be a easy thing to correct ( I know I know nothing about sensors ) but this issue was said to have been caused by the packing, so that's not hard to understand. I guess the sensor manufacturer doesnt want BMD to succeed??? because this seems like sabotage if they cant correct a problem thats caused by packing, and they are only getting 3,5,6 good sensors out of 10,11,12,13,14,15,16 sensors received. :roll: :roll: :|
Last edited by AJ.infinite on Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:32 pm

Jesuan wrote:Just something I don't get...

They recieved sensor that are not good enough. so they are still waiting for new sensors but in the meantime they are shipping cameras..so are they with a bad sensor?? They just got a few good sensors?? but if that was the problem but already shipping cameras...so was that the real problem??? Sorry but I don't understand...

I'm still thinking that the sensor suplier is Sony and it's smashing BMD and BMD doesn't want to publicly offend Sony because it's very powerful to blame them. Is that true??

Jesus

Please treat my comments as the best I can deduce based on all the stuff I have read.

No I don't for a second believe that BMD are shipping cameras with faulty sensors, quite the reverse....in my mind they have received a couple batches of sensors and they went through the first batch and found ones that passed quality control and shipped the cameras.

Now I think they are going through the next batch but to their suprise they are probably seeing the same or similar issues.

Good for them, they are chasing a quality product....

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm

AJ.infinite wrote:

So the manufacturer that is in the business of manufacturing imaging sensors, have been continuously sending contaminated sensors even after being made aware of the issue months ago??? Packaging seems as if it would be a easy thing to correct ( I know I know nothing about sensors ) but this issue was said to have been caused by the packing, so that's not hard to understand. I guess the sensor manufacturer doesnt want BMD to succeed??? because this seems like sabotage if they cant correct a problem thats caused by packing, and they are only getting 3,5,6 good sensors out of 10,11,12.

I can't see how anybody benefits from sabotage in this situation.

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:
Jesuan wrote:Just something I don't get...

Jesus

Please treat my comments as the best I can deduce based on all the stuff I have read.

No I don't for a second believe that BMD are shipping cameras with faulty sensors, quite the reverse....in my mind they have received a couple batches of sensors and they went through the first batch and found ones that passed quality control and shipped the cameras.

Now I think they are going through the next batch but to their suprise they are probably seeing the same or similar issues.

Good for them, they are chasing a quality product....

You are dedusing a lot from contradictory updates...

AJ.infinite

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:37 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:
AJ.infinite wrote:

So the manufacturer that is in the business of manufacturing imaging sensors, have been continuously sending contaminated sensors even after being made aware of the issue months ago??? Packaging seems as if it would be a easy thing to correct ( I know I know nothing about sensors ) but this issue was said to have been caused by the packing, so that's not hard to understand. I guess the sensor manufacturer doesnt want BMD to succeed??? because this seems like sabotage if they cant correct a problem thats caused by packing, and they are only getting 3,5,6 good sensors out of 10,11,12.

I can't see how anybody benefits from sabotage in this situation.

Me neither, but I cant see how packaging continues to be an issue, I cant see how -THE SENSOR MANUFACTURER- is still sending contaminated sensors!!! If that's not sabotage it's poor business!!!

Andrew Deme

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:38 pm

Costa wrote:You are dedusing a lot from contradictory updates...

Am only too happy to be proven wrong......

Costa Louvieris

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Andrew Deme wrote:

Am only too happy to be proven wrong......

No one knows... the only certainty, imo, is that BMD are not being entirely truthful. My proof for that statement would be the last two updates that have been contradictory to say the least.

wcapps1

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:56 pm

Hi candre,

Then please Christine, correct the record here and actually give us some real information.
Wayne Capps
Reserve Productions
www.ReserveProductions.com

Christian Schmeer

PostMon Nov 05, 2012 11:58 pm

AJ.infinite wrote:Me neither, but I cant see how packaging continues to be an issue, I cant see how -THE SENSOR MANUFACTURER- is still sending contaminated sensors!!! If that's not sabotage it's poor business!!!

Yeah, I think it's really time for a proper update that clears everything up, not an update that says there will be an update in a few days :roll:
Christian Schmeer - DP / Colourist
www.christianschmeer.com
www.vimeo.com/christianschmeer

samuelchristopher

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:15 am

yeah no more updates saying that there will be an update

or "we are shipping small qualities"... really? because I've herd of nobody getting these small quantities anywhere?

CVP are meant to have the biggest order in Europe and they have received none! zero! if you were shipping anything surly it would be to fulfil those orders

lets see some images of this production line for reassurance, lets hear some definitive language! and lets start seeing some footage from filmmaker who are not famed bloggers who really get another new everyday that they dont need.

Update please!
Samuel Christopher
@samchristopher
www.samuelchristopher.co.uk

Ted Blanco

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:21 am

I can totally understand what BMC is going through. If anyone here has ever been involved in manufacturing, sometimes figuring out what appears to be a simple problem can unlock Pandoras box. My experience is from an unrelated industry (recycled glass counter top manufacturing), but I know how frustrating it can be to chase down and solve these types of problems.
Sure, at first it may have seemed that the issue was just the packaging that the glass was shipped in, my guess is that they changed that and saw some improvement but the problem still persisted. So then it is back to going over every variable involved in the manufacturing process from evaluating raw material through final shipping and adjusting what you think may be the culprit. Even then you are not guaranteed success, as each change can create new unforeseen issues. The complexity of scaling a working demo to a mass produced product can be mind boggling.
To say there is a conspiracy or that BMC is withholding a larger issue is a bit absurd. It may fulfill our need for gossip to come up with these ideas, but for BMC and all the suppliers involved in this product, having the launch fail will only (and already has) hurt their bottom line.
Yes, it is frustrating to be waiting for so long with vague updates at best, but that is always the risk of being an early adopter.
Those of us on this forum are falling prey to the old saying "A watched pot doesn't boil." Sure I can't stop reading, but I know the best thing would be to stop checking for updates here (or on my credit card statement) and just be surprised when my camera shows up months from now.
Oh well, I've never been good at taking my own medicine.

Nick Bedford

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:25 am

Every time we ask for a "proper update", we get something that doesn't give us anything useful except a quick excuse about why we don't have our cameras.
Nick Bedford, Photographer
http://www.nickbedford.com/

melissa lancaster

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:31 am

BMD please tell us this post below is way off??? Just say something besides "careful what rumors you listen to." That is not comforting. Shoot straight please. Even if its bad news. We just need to know how to plan going forward in our careers and projects. I am not mad at all I promise. I love all you are doing to "change the game" and I will purchase a camera sometime. But please tell me if it will be next year before I get my camera. I NEED to invest in something else and get my money back for this camera that hasn't arrived if that is the case. Please just shoot straight. We won't be mad. The only anger is from no information or misinformation. Please tell me you can ship more than 12 cameras a week?????

[quote][/quote]Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:46 pm

"just cancelled my 3 pre-orders (june 2012). yes, i was planning to buy 3 for my production house. im going to recieve the new sony f5s, which arent even avail for preorder yet, before my blackmagic order would have arrived.

sorry grant, though i wish you guys the best a friend who works for you has told me the recent updates/reports being issued are not entirely truthful. that is all i will say, though i wish you will bite the bullet and be honest and transparent about the reality of your current situation with the 1000s who are in limbo.

best of luck, however, i know things are tough right now. and i do believe blackmagic has a game changer. i will order a blackmagic after your manuf capacities and quality control systems are improved...in all reality, this will beend of next year after youve opened preorders for the next sensor iteration of this camera.

as for the rest of you, unless you were one of the first several hundred to place a preorder for this camera (i.e. by april) my contact said in all likelihood you wont be getting your camera before may/june next yr. blackmagic's monthly manuf capacity is just too small to assemble, test, retest and ship more than a few dozen monthly. and that is if everything went smoothly, which it clearly isnt.

i bet this message will get deleted..."

David

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:39 am

Andrew Deme wrote:

This is pretty funny coming from someone who likes to jump on folks for spelling mistakes. "Deducing" is with a C. ;)
David Daniel
Dilettante

AJ.infinite

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:45 am

David wrote:
Andrew Deme wrote:

This is pretty funny coming from someone who likes to jump on folks for spelling mistakes. "Deducing" is with a C. ;)

Hey, spelling isnt the problem!!! The problem is sensor's :twisted: or is it???? :?

bhook

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 1:42 am

BMD, Y U no update like U say U would?

Nick Bedford

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 1:58 am

Nick Bedford, Photographer
http://www.nickbedford.com/

Abobakr M. Alshiblie

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 2:05 am

ahahahahhahaha.. Very funny guys!!

AJ.infinite

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 am

Bill Rich

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 4:26 am

The post by candres is very disturbing... I really want the BMCC I've paid for.. but there is a limit to how long I will wait.. If there is a BMCC with a new sensor in the works.. let's just jump right to it and bypass the current sensor disaster. Along with just about everyone else here.. we've put our faith and hard earned money in this camera and company, and have had put up with all the delays and vague updates.. But there is just so long you can reasonably expect people to wait.
We need to know what is going on. and if there is a "Plan B"
Bill Rich
Los Angeles, California

blackhillfilms

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 4:55 am

Could somebody at Blackmagic please give us a realistic estimate when we are going to get our cameras? I have my first feature film in pre-production, scheduled to begin on January 9th, which I've already postponed twice due to the BMC fiasco. I pre-ordered my BMC in July and I'm told I'm 3rd or 4th on the list with Digistor ( authorized distributor in Australia). I need to know now if I have to cancel my shoot AGAIN ... I've booked a lot of people and facilities. I've spent a lot of my hard earned money on lenses, accessories etc especially for this particular camera... and can't afford to buy or hire another camera... so I would like to know the news ASAP even if it's bad news.... so I can figure out how to get myself out of this mess... Cheers, Nadia (struggling Mum of four)...

Dave Dominguez

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:12 am

im going to sleep now with the hopes of waking up to an update from Grant.

cross my fingers.
https://vimeo.com/daviddominguez

Costa Louvieris

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:47 am

I think we're getting played here... ;)

David

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:55 am

Lots of first time user sad stories tonight. Suspicious. I suspect industrial sabotage. But I'm paranoid like that.
David Daniel
Dilettante

Costa Louvieris

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 5:58 am

David wrote:Lots of first time user sad stories tonight. Suspicious. I suspect industrial sabotage. But I'm paranoid like that.

Maybe because the patient are now starting to get annoyed... it's been THAT long since the supposed release date:)

David

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 6:00 am

Costa wrote:
David wrote:Lots of first time user sad stories tonight. Suspicious. I suspect industrial sabotage. But I'm paranoid like that.

Maybe because the patient are now starting to get annoyed... it's been THAT long since the supposed release date:)

Or maybe it's just you with multiple accounts. :lol:
David Daniel
Dilettante

Thomas Tamura

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 6:05 am

I've been following this noisy forum for some time, and I guess it's time for me to add to the noise - if any one from BM is listening. I've been pre-ordered since a few days after NAB -- in April -- I think 6 days after B&H started taking orders. I don't know if I can trust the random customer service rep at B&H, but last time I called them [few days ago] he didn't seem to think they had received a single camera.

Here's where I'm at: I would like news, weekly if possible, even if it's really bad news. Like everyone on this forum [or most] I took a financial hit to buy s--- for this camera, and liquidating some gear, and pass up some side work, on the bet that it would be out, at least by the end of summer. I do mostly vfx, but I do need to shoot elements and reference from time to time. BMCC is a great, game changing idea, that's why I got on board early; however, faced with ? of when - I rather have the old gear I sold at 1/4 price than a DSLR. No new is the worst news.

Next: someone mentioned implementing the new chip that's in design. That's a great idea, especially if you'r not going through the same supplier. Clearly there was no back-up supplier. At the rate things are going this game changing camera is going to be 'old news' by the time it's in anyone hands. Maybe you should consider that. And give us poor suckers who have been waiting over 6 months a discount.

I can't imagine how many people pre-ordered before me in the 5 days B&H was offering this camera. It must be a lot. I can't imagine the rumors on this forum are even approaching truth in regards to how many camera are being produced a week. The other model is shipping end of Dec. so you must be able to produce quiet a volume of cameras. Third: It would be nice to know two things 1. how many cameras you're shipping each week 2. how many orders you have to fill?

Yes, I know that's top secret BM insider info. But this camera seems to be a bit of PR nightmare. The least you could do is give us a real set of numbers to attempt to guess when we might get a camera. At least then some people might decide to wait, other to jump ship. But so far the "you're frustrated, we're frustrated" line is, well, quite frankly, not very useful to either of us.

Glad to contribute some noise to the rumor mill. Hope someone at BM is reading. But hey, it's my first post no need to listen to me, right,
Last edited by Christine Peterson on Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanity

David

PostTue Nov 06, 2012 6:25 am

The-Chalk wrote:I've been following this noisy forum for some time, and I guess it's time for me to add to the noise - if any one from BM is listening. I've been pre-ordered since a few days after NAB -- in April -- I think 6 days after B&H started taking orders. I don't know if I can trust the random customer service rep at B&H, but last time I called them [few days ago] he didn't seem to think they had received a single camera.

Here's where I'm at: I would like news, weekly if possible, even if it's really bad news. Like everyone on this forum [or most] I took a financial hit to buy s--- for this camera, and liquidating some gear, and pass up some side work, on the bet that it would be out, at least by the end of summer. I do mostly vfx, but I do need to shoot elements and reference from time to time. BMCC is a great, game changing idea, that's why I got on board early; however, faced with ? of when - I rather have the old gear I sold at 1/4 price than a DSLR. No new is the worst news.

Next: someone mentioned implementing the new chip that's in design. That's a great idea, especially if you'r not going through the same supplier. Clearly there was no back-up supplier. At the rate things are going this game changing camera is going to be 'old news' by the time it's in anyone hands. Maybe you should consider that. And give us poor suckers who have been waiting over 6 months a discount.

I can't imagine how many people pre-ordered before me in the 5 days B&H was offering this camera. It must be a lot. I can't imagine the rumors on this forum are even approaching truth in regards to how many camera are being produced a week. The other model is shipping end of Dec. so you must be able to produce quiet a volume of cameras. Third: It would be nice to know two things 1. how many cameras you're shipping each week 2. how many orders you have to fill?

Yes, I know that's top secret BM insider info. But this camera seems to be a bit of PR nightmare. The least you could do is give us a real set of numbers to attempt to guess when we might get a camera. At least then some people might decide to wait, other to jump ship. But so far the "you're frustrated, we're frustrated" line is, well, quite frankly, not very useful to either of us.

Glad to contribute some noise to the rumor mill. Hope someone at BM is reading. But hey, it's my first post no need to listen to me, right,

Nope. Sorry. Not nearly sad enough. Yours is a tale no different to 500 other comments in this thread. Give us some drama! Throw in a starving kid or something. Use your imagination!

Eh, I'm getting cranky. I'm goin' to bed. Got to get up early so I can get to the voting office before the Amish get there.
David Daniel
Dilettante
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography