Dedicated photo mode for BMPCC 4K and 6K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Reerker

Dedicated photo mode for BMPCC 4K and 6K

PostThu Jan 16, 2020 10:17 pm

Hello!

Yes, BMPCC is not a photo camera, but it is able to take stills better than a smartphone, so I would like to maximize its capabilities. For example, I am not a professional photographer, and the capabilities of the BMPCC sensor are enough for me. Why not implement at least the most basic function - separate settings. I imagine a photo mode something like this:
The "still" button puts the camera in photo mode. The settings of all parameters (resolution, ISO, shutter, etc.) are switched to a separate preset, changes in which do not affect the video mode. Stills in this mode are taken using the "record" button. The preview function in this mode allows you to view your photos instead of videos. Pressing the “still” button again returns the camera to video mode.
In this form, the photo mode does not affect those who use the camera exclusively for shooting video, so everyone should be satisfied. I think many BMPCC users would be happy with such addition. It seems to me that implementing this function in this form will not be difficult for software developers.

English is not my native language, so I apologize for the mistakes. Thanks for attention.

robedge

Re: Dedicated photo mode for BMPCC 4K and 6K

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 2:07 am

Reerker wrote:English is not my native language, so I apologize for the mistakes.

What mistakes :)

finalcolor

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 6:22 am

I also need this feature. Hope to have this update in the future
http://www.finalcolor.net

xchrisx

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 4:16 pm

please Blackmagic, make this update

Tim Kraemer

PostFri Jan 17, 2020 10:21 pm

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Last edited by Tim Kraemer on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ijilil

PostFri Feb 21, 2020 1:00 pm

I think that a seperate photo mode while a good idea, is a bit overkill, all they need is like a small screen animation or sound when you press the photo button, also an upgraded playback menu with added photo functionality so you can see what pics you have taken in camera, also make it like a grid view so you can see all your videos and photos easier, instead of having to flick through them one by one. I really don't think thats too much to ask or too difficult software wise.

rendom

PostSat Dec 19, 2020 3:12 pm

I need this too. Or at least more settings related to photo.

Return to Cinematography