Card Error Ursa G2

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

brangleberry

Card Error Ursa G2

PostMon Mar 16, 2020 12:50 am

Hoping to find some help here, I ran into a problem I haven't seen discussed yet while shooting with an Ursa Mini Pro G2.

I filmed yesterday and filled 2 CFast and 2 SD cards. All 4 cards were in the camera the whole day, and I swapped from CFast to the SD cards once the C-Fast filled up. No issues offloading media to PC from both CFast cards and one of the SD cards, but the second SD cards is giving me this error message when plugged into my PC:

"You need to format the disk drive O: beffore you can use it. O:\ is not accessible. The volume does not contain a recognized file system. Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded and that the volume is not corrupted."

List of cards:
2x Sandisk Extreme Pro CFast 2.0 (both behaving normally)
2x Angelbird AV Pro SD V90 (one will not connect to my pc, one behaving normally)

If I put the problem SD card back in the camera, I CAN play back all footage recorded to it. The camera acts as if nothing is wrong. All cards were formatted in camera at the beginning of the day. I shot 8:1 Raw 4.6k the whole day. No idea what's going on but I really can't afford to lose this footage!

Is there any way to transfer media from one card to another IN CAMERA? Or perhaps rent an SDI recorder and play back each clip? Any help is appreciated!

Return to Cinematography