Where are new cameras?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Ellory Yu

Re: Where are new cameras?

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 12:35 am

Kim Janson wrote:oh, we need some new cameras to get back on track.

How about a BMD Webcam and you tuber camera with usb-c out, 4K at $149 price point to make those home streamers and youtubers happy? Oh, don't forget to have BRAW and Resolve studio for good measure. Don't want to disappoint. :lol:
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Wayne Steven

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 1:14 am

Lol! They could do such a camera with Braw using maybe an ambarella chip. $149 might be possible , but likely $250+.

We are yet to see Braw on phones. A phone company with big issues that likes cameras that might like a BM Braw edition on, is LG. There is talk of them to moving to midrange. But, a BM Braw version of camera would be worth trying for the sales, maybe with a black stylish case with swirly dynamic sweep line through the sides.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them

Ellory Yu

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 2:04 am

Wayne Steven wrote:We are yet to see Braw on phones. A phone company with big issues that likes cameras that might like a BM Braw edition on, is LG. There is talk of them to moving to midrange. But, a BM Braw version of camera would be worth trying for the sales, maybe with a black stylish case with swirly dynamic sweep line through the sides.

Ugg! I can't imagine the wife owning one and saying "honey, I'm home. Can you please edit and color grade my videos I just took? The color looks flat." :lol: :lol: And I go Hide... hide....
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor

Wayne Steven

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 2:37 am

Lol! I imagine they would have auto metadata looks requiring no touching up for average uses.
aIf you are not truthfully progressive, maybe you shouldn't say anything
bTruthful side topics in-line with or related to, the discussion accepted
cOften people deceive themselves so much they do not understand, even when the truth is explained to them
Previous

Return to Cinematography