Back-Ordered Pocket 4K

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

chrisvmay

Back-Ordered Pocket 4K

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 4:37 pm

Does anyone have any insight into when the Pocket 4K is going to be back in stock? I can't seem to find it in stock at Amazon or B&H or Adorama. I'm hesitant to preorder because I'm traveling so the time of its availability will decide where I have it shipped. I emailed B&H and they said they don't have any info.

Denny Smith

Re: Back-Ordered Pocket 4K

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 7:33 pm

Deleted per Tim Kraemer’s request...

Check around at some of the smaller retailers, you might find some available stock.
Cheers
Last edited by Denny Smith on Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

MikeMeagher

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 7:39 pm

Try Markertek you might get lucky there.
Mike Meagher Filmmaker
Win10 64 pro I7 6core ASUS X99 64 GB RAM
M.2 system drive.
2x SSDs in Raid0 cache.
3x 7200 HHDs in raid0 as video source storage
Two EVGA1080TI cards 422.19 Studio
Decklink MiniM 15.1 4K HDMI to BENQ WS271
Resolve 16.1 studio

pnguyen720

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 7:42 pm

Try Facebook Marketplace, if you don't want to hit up eBay. I just sold one BNIB for $1150.

Eugenia Loli

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:03 pm

If no big shop has it, while people are hit by an economic slump, it means that the camera is out of production. Probably a new pocket camera is coming in a couple of months.
Collage artist, illustrator, filmmaker: https://vimeo.com/eugenia

Tbaker

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 8:56 pm

Eugenia Loli wrote:If no big shop has it, while people are hit by an economic slump, it means that the camera is out of production. Probably a new pocket camera is coming in a couple of months.

Not sure about that. There is a ton of demand for everything to do with video and live-streaming ..anything involved in that is mostly not available or st least hard to find at the moment .

I bought four more cameras in the last month. Two of them P4k But I did a lot of searching and got lucky

javier forza

PostMon Jun 01, 2020 9:49 pm

Tbaker wrote:
Eugenia Loli wrote:If no big shop has it, while people are hit by an economic slump, it means that the camera is out of production. Probably a new pocket camera is coming in a couple of months.

Not sure about that. There is a ton of demand for everything to do with video and live-streaming ..anything involved in that is mostly not available or st least hard to find at the moment .

I bought four more cameras in the last month. Two of them P4k But I did a lot of searching and got lucky

+1

chrisvmay

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 pm

Denny Smith wrote:This is a Users Forum, we do not have a Magic Ball to figure out BMD shipping schedule, BMD does not release any specific shipping info, other than Pocket Cinema Cameras 4K are shipping.... :roll:
So if B&W does not know, the info is not available. Retailers are usually notified when a shipment is in progress.

Check around at some of the smaller retailers, you might find some available stock.
Cheers

B&H :roll:

Do you know when the Magic Balls are shipping?

chrisvmay

PostTue Jun 02, 2020 4:29 pm

Tbaker wrote:

I called BMD and they said that they are indeed short-staffed because of the current situation, but they are filling orders. It's just taking them longer than normal. That's as far as I got.

Tim Kraemer

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 12:17 am

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
Last edited by Tim Kraemer on Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chris Leutger

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 12:38 am

chrisvmay wrote:
B&H :roll:

Do you know when the Magic Balls are shipping?

Amateur Auteur

AMD 7800X3d 8c 5 GHz - GSkill DDR5-6000 (EXPO) 32x2
Nvidia 1080 Ti 8GB - WD SN850x 2 TB
Resolve 18.5 - Ubuntu 22.04

Denny Smith

PostWed Jun 03, 2020 1:03 am

Tim Kraemer wrote:
Denny Smith wrote:This is a Users Forum, we do not have a Magic Ball to figure out BMD shipping schedule, BMD does not release any specific shipping info, other than Pocket Cinema Cameras 4K are shipping.... :roll:
So if B&W does not know, the info is not available. Retailers are usually notified when a shipment is in progress.

Cheers
Do you patrol every forum and scold everyone that asks stock questions? Get a life man!!!!!

Tim I do not, and I have been active in this Forum since it started. I try to be as informative as I can, and this question gets asked every time their is a slow down in production or lag in shipping, so perhaps I was a little abrupt. I was not trying to be negative, just advising a new poster of what the situation is. Tell you what, if my reply offends you, I will delete it. Now you are the Forum cop! ;)
Last edited by Denny Smith on Thu Jun 04, 2020 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Cate.Fogarty

PostThu Jun 04, 2020 7:55 pm

If anyone is still looking I just ordered one from FullCompass.com. They told me they have 6 more in stock.

Return to Cinematography