Pocket Cinema Camera "Blooming Sensor"

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Joshua Smith

Pocket Cinema Camera "Blooming Sensor"

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 4:33 pm

Haha. That's funny. I want all of my footage to look exactly like that... flares everywhere, that'll distract the clients' attention.
Joshua Smith
Copasetic Films
copaseticfilms.com

Jimmykorea

Re: Pocket Cinema Camera "Blooming Sensor"

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 4:39 pm

ARTnVIDEO wrote:
Wow, you are the prime example of a Troll, either that or just a straight up @ss.

A few days ago I couldn't understand why so many people talked about you, and your history of being banned from forums... It's become very clear. I cant understand why you haven't been banned from here yet, maybe it's because, while you are acting like the forum version of Michael Oliver, better known as Junior, you are campaigning for people to ignore the sensor blooming so you can get your annoying @ss one to complain about after you receive it. You complain about complaining, STFU!

Does this mean your complaining about complaining about complaining? Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 4:46 pm

So now I have to be the bad guy and tell you the personal attacks are getting out of hand.

If this doesn't stay on topic, we will lock the thread and issue out disciplinary actions. I want you all to be able to freely discuss subject matter that pertains to BMD but not at price of insulting other users on the forums.
Support: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/support
Info: http://www.blackmagicdesign.com/company

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Martin Myrick

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 4:57 pm

Tony there is one person in particular that loves to stir things up and we all know who, but beyond that, what would really help to calm things down is another statement from Blackmagic acknowledging that there is a major problem with the blooming issue and that we can count on Blackmagic to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

Rinaldo Lima

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:03 pm

Martin Myrick wrote:Tony there is one person in particular that loves to stir things up and we all know who, but beyond that, what would really help to calm things down is another statement from Blackmagic acknowledging that there is a major problem with the blooming issue and that we can count on Blackmagic to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

+1. Martin said it all.

Steve DiMaggio

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:04 pm

Martin Myrick wrote:Tony there is one person in particular that loves to stir things up and we all know who, but beyond that, what would really help to calm things down is another statement from Blackmagic acknowledging that there is a major problem with the blooming issue and that we can count on Blackmagic to remedy the situation as soon as possible.

:D indeed

Felix Steinhardt

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:06 pm

Statement! Now! We all want to buy a pocket but we need to know if it´s gonna work!

Samjack

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:32 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:So now I have to be the bad guy and tell you the personal attacks are getting out of hand.

If this doesn't stay on topic, we will lock the thread and issue out disciplinary actions. I want you all to be able to freely discuss subject matter that pertains to BMD but not at price of insulting other users on the forums.

I hope you don't discriminates who you dish out punishment to. It seems members who are affiliated to BMD can freely dish out personal insults to others without any reprisal from moderators here but as soon as members respond in kind they get a warning or worse banned.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:44 pm

Samjack wrote:I hope you don't discriminates who you dish out punishment to. It seems members who are affiliated to BMD can freely dish out personal insults to others without any reprisal from moderators here but as soon as members respond in kind they get a warning or worse banned.

I don't play favorites. That's just not something I do at all. I do try and be fair and give people a chance but don't push too far or I will take further action.

All myself and the company ask for is topics to remain civil and on topic with product that pertains to us. Simple as that.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Jimmykorea

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 5:58 pm

+1

Denny Smith

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 6:06 pm

"There is no need for BM to fix it! You can fix it in post!! ..."

Good solution, looks more like how this scene would look with flare... but How did you fix it in post? More info pls...
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Panamatom

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 6:15 pm

Denny wrote:"There is no need for BM to fix it! You can fix it in post!! ..."

Good solution, looks more like how this scene would look with flare... but How did you fix it in post? More info pls...

Eeeh, it´s more a joke than a fix ...

Martin Myrick

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:09 pm

Hey Guys, we really need to come together on this issue and quit the personal attacks. We don't want this thread to be shut down, but instead need to be unified in requesting an immediate response from Blackmagic. Like others on this forum I probably will not cancel my preorder and work around the issue if I can have confidence that BMD recognizes the problem and will come up with a fix. However, if the duration of silence continues much further I might have to start rethinking my position. I love the look of this camera and have some big plans for it, but we are reaching a point here where BMD needs to make a more formal statement of recognition and intention.

Eli hershko

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:20 pm

I second that!
We want a statement from BMD please.
Eli Hershko
http://www.conjuredvisions.com
http://pro.imdb.com/name/nm2860666/

MagicAndMayhem

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 pm

Pre-order cancelled. Just too many things piling up. I will let you others be the alpha testers on this one. I don't need the camera that bad and will wait until things get more ironed out. Although at that time, there may be something else on the market more solid.

I need something that works out of the box as advertised. I don't have time to play around with tech support or deal with RMAs and ship stuff back and forth while BMD figures out what the hell is going on.

Good luck everyone.

Denny Smith

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:37 pm

"Eeeh, it´s more a joke than a fix ..."

That's what I thought... BM a solution Please !!!!!
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

ARTnVIDEO

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 7:53 pm

Jimmykorea wrote:
ARTnVIDEO wrote:
Wow, you are the prime example of a Troll, either that or just a straight up @ss.

A few days ago I couldn't understand why so many people talked about you, and your history of being banned from forums... It's become very clear. I cant understand why you haven't been banned from here yet, maybe it's because, while you are acting like the forum version of Michael Oliver, better known as Junior, you are campaigning for people to ignore the sensor blooming so you can get your annoying @ss one to complain about after you receive it. You complain about complaining, STFU!

Does this mean your complaining about complaining about complaining? Do you kiss your mom with that mouth?

Absolutely not, I just pointed out that you keep crying, whining, and lashing out about others being concerned about their camera's because your afraid it will slow the process of you getting yours. They paid for theirs, they can decide what is acceptable for them. If your cool with the issue, buy one of Ebay, and go sit in your quiet place.

I think those asking for a response/course of action/plan on the sensor blooming have every right to do so! Honestly, you can complain all you want, You'd probably complain about the camera after you receive it. You seem to be the type that wakes up in the morning just to annoy people.

The Monkey comment you made to Rinaldo Lima, was beyond uncalled for. I'm DONE with you.

Keith Stark

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:14 pm

Panamatom wrote:
Denny wrote:"There is no need for BM to fix it! You can fix it in post!! ..."

Eeeh, it´s more a joke than a fix ...

It almost looks like you used the Video copilot 'Optical Flares' plug in. You can run it in a mode that it uses an image/video source to drive the flares, then set a threashold brightness level for where they start. Takes a really long time to process, and can get pretty crazy over the top results..
Camera "Claude" Received 4/4

Jimmykorea

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:20 pm

I got to level with you Mr ArtnVideo, your starting to grow on me. I can see us being close buddies.

Here's the movie reference so you don't go to bed tonight feeling all hot and bothered.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qng-7EB6nSU

Michel Rabe

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:22 pm

Hey,
first time here.

It would be great to have an official statement of you (Blackmagicdesign) about this issue. What it could be and how/when it can/will/will not be solved.

Personally if I don't get any information I feel like having to cancel my preorder as I'm worried of getting a faulty device (as in hardware).

Thank you!!

best,
Michael

Jimmykorea

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 8:35 pm

stip wrote:Hey,
first time here.

It would be great to have an official statement of you (Blackmagicdesign) about this issue. What it could be and how/when it can/will/will not be solved.

Personally if I don't get any information I feel like having to cancel my preorder as I'm worried of getting a faulty device (as in hardware).

Thank you!!

best,
Michael

If I could be bothered this would make a great Hitler gets the news Michael cancelled his pocket camera order YouTube clip.

Welcome to the forum!

Martin Myrick

Please gives us a formal statement about the blooming sensor

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

BMD please give us a formal statement about the blooming sensor on the pocket camera. There are many of us that want to stick with our preorder but would really like to have some confidence that you recognize the problem and will rectify the situation.

Zorik_IL

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 9:42 pm

I will cancel order for camera next Monday.

David Chapman

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 9:52 pm

After seeing Dan Chung's footage, I do see obvious orb/sphere shapes in lighting extremes.

Here is his test footage on Vimeo:
David Chapman
Just another creative dude with a camera.

Tony Rivera

Blackmagic Design

Re: Please gives us a formal statement about the blooming se

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:01 pm

This is being merged with the other thread as it pertains to the same subject as another thread already started.

We are still looking into this.

Follow us on Instagram:
@blackmagicnewsofficial

Chris Whitten

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:03 pm

My place in the queue is advancing. ;)
Chris Whitten

raadgie

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm

I'm a little step from have cancel my order too but I already bought some m4/3 lenses etc. So I will wait and looking for another m4/3 solution coz size fits to me.
Karl von Bahnhof
CEO
Chicken shots production

slvs

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:27 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:We are still looking into this.

I guess the big question is: are you continuing to ship cameras while you look into it?
Sam Johnson

austin

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:31 pm

This thread is reminding me why I don't like forums.

You want a statement? They've said they're looking into it. Give them a minute! Most people who ordered it on day 1 still haven't gotten their cameras.

You want to cancel your pre-order? Feel free. There are tons of great cameras out there, go get a different one.

I still have faith in the company, and honestly, even if this is even worse than imagined, and never gets fixed, the BMPCC seems like it still will be a great camera for the price. But given their track record, I have faith in them.

In the words of Louis CK:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8m5d0 ... body-i_fun

raadgie

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:48 pm

slvs wrote:
Tony Rivera wrote:We are still looking into this.

I guess the big question is: are you continuing to ship cameras while you look into it?

That means they believe they can fix it by firmware. But question is what we'll loss. Maybe -EV in DR?

P.S. This Mr. Tony started be really annoying. If BMD need know my real name ask NSA.

Karl von Bahnhof
CEO
Chicken shots production

John Brawley

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Raadgie wrote:P.S. This Mr. Tony started be really annoying. If BMD need know my real name ask NSA.

It's a condition of signing up the this manufacture hosted forum that you use your real name. It's a pretty simple rule and there are other BM discussion forums that you can use if you don't want to do this.

I think BMD are pretty tolerant of most postings on their forum, good and bad. Slagging them off for having a rule you agreed to when you signed up and started posting isn't annoying is it ?

jb
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

James Hamid

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:55 pm

Tony Rivera wrote:So now I have to be the bad guy and tell you the personal attacks are getting out of hand.

While i agree that discussions have to be civilised and professional yet you do not have to lock a thread just because person is taking it personal. just because there is once instance of infection cited in the town you don't have to close the whole town. that would be the easy way out for BMD.
Secondly as some member have said, there has been some favouritism towards certain members when come out lashing out and insulting BMD critics, don't want to mention any names but i will PM you if you like with the instances and the names.
Anyhow back on the topic, A fix or an indication of a fix from BMD would be good to settle everything.

raadgie

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:57 pm

Hi, there JB. Rather explain to us how did you miss basically trouble with blooming sensor?
Karl von Bahnhof
CEO
Chicken shots production

bhook

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 10:59 pm

John Brawley wrote:It's a condition of signing up the this manufacture hosted forum that you use your real name.

Yet a mod from another forum uses only his first name and never has anything said to him...

John Brawley

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:03 pm

Raadgie wrote:Hi, there JB. Rather explain to us how did you miss basically trouble with blooming sensor?

My footage has been out for more than a couple of months with more than 500k of views last time I looked. When did you notice it ? I bet you didn't. I bet you didn't notice it until someone pointed it out to you. No one publicly noticed it till a few days ago.

JB.
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

John Brawley

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:08 pm

mhood wrote:
John Brawley wrote:It's a condition of signing up the this manufacture hosted forum that you use your real name.

Yet a mod from another forum uses only his first name and never has anything said to him...

Perhaps because like Hook, we all know who they are as they have a public profile that runs across many forums over several years.

Just like we all know you who you are Marc...

I mean you could make up a name and who would know ? Why question it though in an unrelated thread ? I think real names forums have a better SNR.

JB
Last edited by John Brawley on Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

raadgie

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:21 pm

OK OK OK Tony, how you see you WON! I really don't want change always my IP address which you banned. ;)
Karl von Bahnhof
CEO
Chicken shots production

bhook

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:27 pm

John Brawley wrote:I mean you could make up a name and who would know ? Why question it though in an unrelated thread ? I think real names forums have a better SNR.

I think rules should be enforced equally...for everyone. Full names at least in the sig...that's the rule. Enforce it or give it up but don't use it to harass folks you don't know.

Terry Frechette

Blackmagic Design

PostThu Aug 29, 2013 11:33 pm

This thread has gotten completely off topic, and there is way too much arguing and insulting. We are going to lock it now. Please feel free to start a different thread on this topic, but we expect civil discussion.

And yes, we are trying to speak with everyone we can about using your real names. It is something you agreed to when you sign onto this forum. If you know who you are speaking with, the conversation is much better (and cuts down on most of the insults.) And by real names, we mean something that you can be actually identified by that is more than just a first name. Captain Hook is well known in the New Zealand post and film world by that name.

We want this forum to be a place where Blackmagic customers can get together and discuss the technology.
Previous

Return to Cinematography