Page 1 of 1

Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:02 am
by Note Suwanchote
Here are some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K. Shots with people in them coming at a later time.
I'm extremely impressed with the details and colors that you can get from this camera.
I think the team at BMD has achieved something really special.

I found the dynamic range to be incredible. The flexibility of the files is something that stands out when you start grading. The 14 stops is a bit conservative from my impressions.

Shot with the Sigma 18-35mm.

ImageUrsa Mini Pro 12K by Note S., on Flickr

ImageUrsa Mini Pro 12K by Note S., on Flickr

ImageUrsa Mini Pro 12K 2x Anamorphic by Note S., on Flickr

2x Anamorphic on Nikon 85mm 1.8 non-ai with Isco Ultra Star Red

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:51 am
by jack0429
Will there be any original 12k stills uploaded?

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:44 am
by jallen0
I saw your post on Facebook. I think the image is impressive in that you used the Sigma 18-35 lens on an EF mount for these shots. Looking forward to seeing more!

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:48 pm
by Brad Hurley
jallen0 wrote:I saw your post on Facebook. I think the image is impressive in that you used the Sigma 18-35 lens on an EF mount for these shots. Looking forward to seeing more!


My most-disliked lens, but you (and the Ursa 12K) made it do beautiful things.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 2:29 pm
by Adam Langdon
Looks incredibly 3D!
Can’t wait to see some motion.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:38 pm
by Note Suwanchote
Brad Hurley wrote:
jallen0 wrote:I saw your post on Facebook. I think the image is impressive in that you used the Sigma 18-35 lens on an EF mount for these shots. Looking forward to seeing more!


My most-disliked lens, but you (and the Ursa 12K) made it do beautiful things.


Much appreciated. I was surprised at how this lens interacted with the Ursa Mini Pro 12K.

Adam Langdon wrote:Looks incredibly 3D! Can’t wait to see some motion.

Thanks Adam! I agree.

jack0429 wrote:Will there be any original 12k stills uploaded?

Possibly in the future!

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2020 7:09 pm
by timbutt2
Saw and commented on the Facebook, but wanted to again praise the images! Although my first plan is to upgrade my EF glass to PL glass so that I can just rent PL glass from here on out without need to change the mount, I'm very impressed with the fact that this is the 18-35 Sigma EF. I have that lens, so I know that it holds up on the 12K now.

I'd love to see more and especially in motion. I'd be very interested to see moving imagery with some really nice lenses like the Cookes. I have a local studio that has them. Would love to see how well the 12K resolves gorgeous Cooke glass.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 3:11 am
by Note Suwanchote
timbutt2 wrote:Saw and commented on the Facebook, but wanted to again praise the images! Although my first plan is to upgrade my EF glass to PL glass so that I can just rent PL glass from here on out without need to change the mount, I'm very impressed with the fact that this is the 18-35 Sigma EF. I have that lens, so I know that it holds up on the 12K now.

I'd love to see more and especially in motion. I'd be very interested to see moving imagery with some really nice lenses like the Cookes. I have a local studio that has them. Would love to see how well the 12K resolves gorgeous Cooke glass.


I'm surprised at how well the Sigma holds up. I have some shots in anamorphic with a Milvus that I may put up soon.

Yeah the motion on this camera is amazing. It's something people don't talk about but in 8K it's RSI times are incredible.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:23 pm
by Ryan Earl
Great images Note, looking forward to more.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 6:51 pm
by Adam Langdon
Note, please post some anamorphic stills! Can’t wait to try that out.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 9:38 pm
by Note Suwanchote
Adam Langdon wrote:Note, please post some anamorphic stills! Can’t wait to try that out.


updated with anamorphic

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 10:45 pm
by Adam Langdon
Just beautiful. Thanks!
s35 really is the perfect sensor size, IMO.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2020 11:49 pm
by jallen0
Looking forward to seeing some video when you are allowed. See how it all stays together.

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 7:56 am
by visalapol
Can URSA 12K take singel still image inside camera? What is the file type or you need to grab Still inside Davinci resolve?

Re: Some stills from the Ursa Mini Pro 12K

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2020 1:03 pm
by Piotr Naumowicz
Impressive. Most Impressive.
Looks like this camera will be something special. I love the tonality and colour. Even with a cheap lens, the image looks stunning.

This is a first camera in a while that makes my heart beat faster.

I would love to see those shots in motion.