Tamron 18-270mm DiII Lens & Nikon 35mm AF-S DX Lens

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

schwenkd70

Tamron 18-270mm DiII Lens & Nikon 35mm AF-S DX Lens

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 2:24 am

I have a Tamron 18-270mm DiII Lens and a Nikon 35mm f/1.8G AF-S DX Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras and just purchased a BMCC EF mount. I was told to get the Redrock Nikon to Canon EF Lens mount adapter and lens would mount to the BMCC but I have no iris control (manual or via the touch screen). From what I have been reading, there is no way to control this type of lens via the touch screen (which i am ok with) so I will have to find a manual adaptor ring for the lens to the BMCC.
I am looking for recommendation for an adaptor ring for my lens to BMCC EF.

PS. I was also recommend the Cineroid EVF4MHH EVF and...it wont work with the BMCC (thunderbolt sends data packets that the Cineroid EVF can decode, only BM Software can).
I am thinking about the Cineroid EVF Metal with HD-SDI Input & Output, will that work? I am getting really tired of retuning stuff to get my rig up and running.

adamroberts

Re: Tamron 18-270mm DiII Lens & Nikon 35mm AF-S DX Lens

PostFri Sep 27, 2013 6:42 am

For Nikon G type lenses without and aperture ring you need an adaptor that has aperture control built in. There are many options out there. Probably the best one is the Novoflex adaptor. It has a little blue lever on the side that adjusts the aperture. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Cheaper options are available from Fotodiox and from unbranded Chinese manufactures (check eBay).

Thunderbolt on the camera is not like display port on a Mac or PC so it can't sent an HDMI signal. It's a data port used with UltraScopes or other software. It's not intended as a monitoring port.

You can use an HDMI monitor/EVF with an HDSDI to HDMI convertor (many options available from Blackmagic, Atomos, etc) of get a monitor/EVF with HDSDI like the Cineroid or Alphatron.

Return to Cinematography