Pocket 6K Pro

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

ricardo marty

Re: Pocket 6K Pro

PostMon Apr 05, 2021 9:46 pm

The evf and tilt screen has caught my attention. I'm waiting to see how the lidar works. I know it has some limitations but my line of work (interior/exterior) mostly head shots to full shots with no zoom and some slow panning should work. If so I will sell my p4k with lenes and everything. I feel that the p4k might keep a good resale value for sometime to come. A short narrative or doc might pop up but these will be my projects. Hope it works well.

Also waiting to see what might come next year.

Ricardo Marty
DVR_S 18.5, Asus ProArt PD5, 2.5 GHz i7 16-Core 64GB of 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM GeForce RTX 3070 1TB M.2 NVMe Window 11, LenovoLegion 2.6 i7 10750h 2.6, 64gb 3200mhz, rtx 2060, 1tb ssd M.2 Win 11 BenQ PD3420Q, Sony FS700R, Bmp4k, Sony A6700. PreSonus AudioBox

Dimitri LaBarge

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 4:02 am

Michael Sandiford wrote:
Dimitri LaBarge wrote:Congratulations! I just pulled the trigger on this myself 10 minutes ago. Here we go!

Now the long wait. Lets see who wins the race, I'm in the UK, ordered mine on Tuesday last week from a reseller, so its coming straight from BM, and they had them in stock.

Let the race begin! Mine's on target to be here on Wednesday.

Then again, my CFAST cards won't be here until April 12, so regardless of when the cameras actually arrive, you may still get yours up and running before I do. :)

Adam Langdon

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 3:57 pm

Here's some stills with an anamorphic setup.
Mostly shot with ND6, ND4.

Imageletter4_1.1.2 by Adam Langdon, on Flickr

Imageletter3_1.5.1 by Adam Langdon, on Flickr

Imageletter2_1.6.1 by Adam Langdon, on Flickr

Imageletter5_1.2.1 by Adam Langdon, on Flickr
Ursa Mini 12k +Rawlite - Cinema Camera 6k - SLR Magic APO Microprimes PL/EF - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 - Aputure Lighting

craigbeckta

PostTue Apr 06, 2021 11:33 pm

My BMPCC 6K Pro just arrived today...

It looks great and a noticeable upgrade.

The LCD screen and ND filters seem perfectly fine.

With the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 it is a little heavy on the Ronin S, so
I'm probably going to get a light wide angle prime lens for gimbal work.
Check out my Photography/Videography Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iF3ICBWwWgyiOnZBFkyw

Michael Sandiford

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 4:07 pm

craigbeckta wrote:My BMPCC 6K Pro just arrived today...

It looks great and a noticeable upgrade.

The LCD screen and ND filters seem perfectly fine.

With the Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 it is a little heavy on the Ronin S, so
I'm probably going to get a light wide angle prime lens for gimbal work.

How long did it take to get it from the moment you ordered?

craigbeckta

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 4:37 pm

It was in stock when I ordered it, but I ordered it just before the long weekend.

So it took 5 days to get here.

Most of the time it was just sitting at the FedEx depot...

It was frustrating waiting, knowing they were not actually shipping it.

Here's an unboxing video:
Check out my Photography/Videography Youtube Channel...
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG3iF3ICBWwWgyiOnZBFkyw

Michael Sandiford

PostWed Apr 07, 2021 5:22 pm

craigbeckta wrote:It was in stock when I ordered it, but I ordered it just before the long weekend.

So it took 5 days to get here.

Most of the time it was just sitting at the FedEx depot...

It was frustrating waiting, knowing they were not actually shipping it.

Here's an unboxing video:

Ordered mine on Wednesday last week so still waiting.

Dimitri LaBarge

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 2:07 am

Ordered mine on Monday and got it today. So far, looking pretty sharp. No noticeable blue tint on the LCD. Really enjoy working with the EVF, feels good in handheld mode with it. It is a bit of a behemoth (my battery grip is on the way and I don’t even wanna know what that’s gonna do the the sheer mass), but I like the solid feeling of the whole rig.

WahWay

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 4:20 am

Does your EVF and camera screen look identical or different?

rick.lang

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 5:01 am

Interesting observation Dimitri. Having some heft to it can be a good thing when working handheld as the camera will have more inertia and inherent stability.
Rick Lang

Dimitri LaBarge

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 5:52 am

WahWay wrote:Does your EVF and camera screen look identical or different?

It’s actually pretty close. I was expecting some real deviation and washed out blacks from what I’d heard, but so far I’m pleased.

WahWay

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 6:06 am

What about false colour particularly the pink?

Michael Sandiford

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 6:24 am

Dimitri LaBarge wrote:Ordered mine on Monday and got it today. So far, looking pretty sharp. No noticeable blue tint on the LCD. Really enjoy working with the EVF, feels good in handheld mode with it. It is a bit of a behemoth (my battery grip is on the way and I don’t even wanna know what that’s gonna do the the sheer mass), but I like the solid feeling of the whole rig.

You win. Where's mine then? :(

Dimitri LaBarge

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 2:26 pm

Okay, did a few more tests now that I’m settling in (a little bit limited as I can’t do recording tests since my memory cards haven’t arrived - you might still win the functional race Michael!). There IS a bit of blue tint on the monitor. Not profound, but doing A/B from EVF to the monitor definitely shows it. It’s subtle. If I didn’t have the EVF, I might have not have picked it up, especially coming from an inaccurate monitor on my old Panny AF-100. It’s not the teal nightmare other people’s units have shown, though. Hopefully this is fixable in the next firmware.

I am not showing appreciable pink in the monitor, definitely showing it in the EVF. (I saw this will be specifically fixed in the upcoming firmware update, so not too concerned.)

Michael Sandiford

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 3:18 pm

Great, the reseller isn't answering my calls or emails. Never a good sign. Plus all the best places are now in pre order. Wondering if there's a shortage here in the UK now. Looks like you've walked this one. Won't be getting mine anytime soon I reckon.

Dimitri LaBarge

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 3:44 pm

Michael Sandiford wrote:Great, the reseller isn't answering my calls or emails. Never a good sign. Plus all the best places are now in pre order. Wondering if there's a shortage here in the UK now. Looks like you've walked this one. Won't be getting mine anytime soon I reckon.

Ugh, I’m really sorry to hear that. I lose my mind when I have a question and don’t get anything like a prompt answer, even if it’s disappointing news.

The demand for everything in this ecosystem must be enormous, depending on where you are. I got the camera and EVF fairly easily, but the battery grip and BMD batteries I wanted are crazy backordered and probably won’t get them for weeks.

Michael Sandiford

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 4:12 pm

Dimitri LaBarge wrote:
Michael Sandiford wrote:Great, the reseller isn't answering my calls or emails. Never a good sign. Plus all the best places are now in pre order. Wondering if there's a shortage here in the UK now. Looks like you've walked this one. Won't be getting mine anytime soon I reckon.

Ugh, I’m really sorry to hear that. I lose my mind when I have a question and don’t get anything like a prompt answer, even if it’s disappointing news.

The demand for everything in this ecosystem must be enormous, depending on where you are. I got the camera and EVF fairly easily, but the battery grip and BMD batteries I wanted are crazy backordered and probably won’t get them for weeks.

I'm ok to wait for things. I just want to know I'm waiting. Not hoping for a delivery each day.

Creative110

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 6:49 pm

Mine arrived today after ordering it 5-6 weeks ago. Everything is working on first look. Love having an evf. I’m waiting on two more batteries for the grip. LCD screen looks ok to my eye, I don’t have anything to compare it with..
All in all I’m very happy with my purchase and can’t wait to start using it on some personal projects.

Tim Franks

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 11:28 pm

Not sure if this is the right location to share my opinion regarding the Pocket 6K Pro form factor.

Having mainly used and experience with RED cameras, I also shared the similar opinion concerning the form factor not being a cube like design with the Pocket 6K Pro camera.
I understand the issue with the modular possibilities and rigging having a cubical design.

On a recent shot we had the RED Komodo camera which I really dig. But you know what, after using the Komodo for the few days. I realise why Blackmagic went with the “DSLR” design.

With the battery pack it’s actually easier and comfortable to handle; usable right out of the box and is much lighter.
Giving it some time I can imagine we will see more rigging solutions (shoulder mount). Still you can grab the camera out of bag and rock n roll. :mrgreen:

The only gripe I have is that EVF is not articulated. But that has less to with the form factor. Also I wish Blackmagic would have a left side handle as they did in the past.

Other then that I think I would prefer the Pocket 6K Pro over the Komodo when run and gun.
Only if the Pocket had global shutter. :?

rick.lang

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 12:04 am

Tim Franks wrote:... after using the Komodo for the few days. I realise why Blackmagic went with the “DSLR” design...

Great feedback, Tim. Appreciate the BMPCC6K Pro is becoming a popular flexible camera suitable for handheld use. Maybe one day, global shutter will return.

My BMPCC4K is fully rigged though and having a full-featured update to the current Micro cube would still be a welcome addition to their camera stable.
Rick Lang

Tim Franks

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 11:13 am

rick.lang wrote:
Tim Franks wrote:... after using the Komodo for the few days. I realise why Blackmagic went with the “DSLR” design...

Great feedback, Tim. Appreciate the BMPCC6K Pro is becoming a popular flexible camera suitable for handheld use. Maybe one day, global shutter will return.

My BMPCC4K is fully rigged though and having a full-featured update to the current Micro cube would still be a welcome addition to their camera stable.

Global Shutter return?

They do have the Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. ;)

Adam Langdon

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 1:08 pm

My experience with the 6KPro is probably similar.

I “rigged” it up with an anamorphic setup and it was great on a tripod and slider.

Then I went handheld, with just a simple zoom lens and I could blend in with everyone else and get some low-profile shots in public.

As far as screen color goes, I can’t even tell there’s a blue tint once I apply a LUT.
Ursa Mini 12k +Rawlite - Cinema Camera 6k - SLR Magic APO Microprimes PL/EF - Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 - Aputure Lighting

WahWay

PostSat Apr 10, 2021 2:27 am

At present the EVF share its screen information with the camera screen but with everying being smaller on the EVF I find viewing experience is somwhat different. I like to see the EVF having its own settings such as screen brightness, contrast, saturation, etc, also additional level of focus peaking. A option for black screeen with white focus peaking for better clarity.

Robert Castiglione

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 4:26 am

"Giving it some time I can imagine we will see more rigging solutions (shoulder mount). Still you can grab the camera out of bag and rock n roll."

I too have come from a cube/ red background. I have two bmpcc 4k cams and it is very possible to rig them in a traditional fashion. The first camera is for shoulder mounted and tripod work based around an arri 19mm baseplate and dovetail system. The 19mm baseplate gives much better stability for shoulder mounted work than 15mm. A cage and rods provides all the mounting points you need for a traditional set up including evf, shot gun mic, v lock battery and so on. It balances nicely on the shoulder and is probably the lightest set up I have ever used. V lock battery it runs all day. I really have made this camera work as a run and gun documentary camera.
Rob Castiglione
robcastiglione.com

Michael Sandiford

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 11:54 am

Well apparently my camera has been shipped so we'll see if I get it soon. I have been able to reconfigure a lot of my old BMCC 2.5K rig gear ready for it until I get the new small rig cage.

Denny Smith

PostSun Apr 11, 2021 4:47 pm

Jamie LeJeune wrote:
focuspulling wrote: 2. Even though Blackmagic aggressively and impressively markets the livestreaming capability of ATEM switchers integrated fully with BMPCCs, in which case live streams quickly require visual confirmation of accurate white balancing from each camera location often distant from the control console, just color grade later (after it's "live"?) and gamble by balancing to a card that (in one specific tiny location) might represent the entire room's lighting color bias.

I'm trying to understand this one. How will multiple operators, each looking at a separate camera LCD in different parts of a set, all somehow arrive at the same white balance? Even if each one had a reference grade monitor on front of them, it seems highly unlikely in the uncontrolled lighting of a location shoot that they would all arrive at the same white balance.

Jamie, they don’t. You can not get two or more cameras color balanced to give the same results in a live broadcast (streaming) situation if the camera operators are trying to individually set the balance on their cameras. In Broacast applications, the cameras white balance and color settings are controlled from one person (using CCUs connected to each camera) or via the switcher in the case of the ATEMs, using a fairly accurate studio monitor. This way, the single [i]Vision[i] operator can match the various cameras.

Traditionally, studio cameras were equipped with monochrome monitors (even after color cameras were in use) for the camera operator to frame and focus the shot, which was their only task, not setting the camera color balance, exposure, etc., this was done in the control room by one person.
Cheers
Denny Smith
SHA Productions

Michael Sandiford

PostThu Apr 15, 2021 5:40 pm

So tomorrow morning should be fun. I've contacted my official reseller every day about my order and all I get is, that's strange, let me look into it and get back to you and they never do. Today I asked if they had them physically in stock at the store and they said yes, I then quoted my order number and this person said, that's strange. So they did look into it initially. As it was ordered at the end of last month when we were still in lockdown it was meant to be delivered to me straight from the supplier. They apologised and asked me to give them the afternoon to sort it. They never got back to me. So tomorrow is a case of I'm going to their store first thing and I either get a camera from them or a refund.

Shame.

So my question is, is everyone else getting there's fairly quickly still?

Tim Franks

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 6:17 am

Michael Sandiford wrote:So tomorrow morning should be fun. I've contacted my official reseller every day about my order and all I get is, that's strange, let me look into it and get back to you and they never do. Today I asked if they had them physically in stock at the store and they said yes, I then quoted my order number and this person said, that's strange. So they did look into it initially. As it was ordered at the end of last month when we were still in lockdown it was meant to be delivered to me straight from the supplier. They apologised and asked me to give them the afternoon to sort it. They never got back to me. So tomorrow is a case of I'm going to their store first thing and I either get a camera from them or a refund.

Shame.

I received the camera with three days of the order.
But since I am considering get a second one, they are now out of stock and shipping time is unknown.
I am guessing they are general out of stock.

Michael Sandiford

PostFri Apr 16, 2021 10:29 am

Tim Franks wrote:
Michael Sandiford wrote:So tomorrow morning should be fun. I've contacted my official reseller every day about my order and all I get is, that's strange, let me look into it and get back to you and they never do. Today I asked if they had them physically in stock at the store and they said yes, I then quoted my order number and this person said, that's strange. So they did look into it initially. As it was ordered at the end of last month when we were still in lockdown it was meant to be delivered to me straight from the supplier. They apologised and asked me to give them the afternoon to sort it. They never got back to me. So tomorrow is a case of I'm going to their store first thing and I either get a camera from them or a refund.

Shame.

I received the camera with three days of the order.
But since I am considering get a second one, they are now out of stock and shipping time is unknown.
I am guessing they are general out of stock.
I ordered mine at the end of March. So for some reason they put it down that I had had my camera delivered. They don't hold any in stock so they've ordered another fire me from Holdan. See how it goes.

Ryan315

PostMon Apr 19, 2021 5:28 pm

Just received my 6k pro but I'm running into a problem with my footage:

My highlights are clipping at 80%IRE no matter how high my iso is.

I understand that the highlight clips at a different value for different ISOs. But 80% is the highest it goes. When I shoot at 100 iso, it clips even lower at 60 IRE.

The footage looks normal on the camera's screen but when I bring it into premiere/resolve it shows clipping at 80%. This is happening with both BRAW and prores.

The only way I can fix it is by shooting BRAW and then changing the color science from Gen 5 to Gen 4 in resolve.

Do I have a defective unit?

Michael Sandiford

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 1:00 pm

annnnnndddddddd still waiting. Apparently there's been an issue with getting them into the UK.

Tim Franks

PostTue Apr 20, 2021 10:01 pm

Ryan315 wrote:Just received my 6k pro but I'm running into a problem with my footage:

My highlights are clipping at 80%IRE no matter how high my iso is.

I understand that the highlight clips at a different value for different ISOs. But 80% is the highest it goes. When I shoot at 100 iso, it clips even lower at 60 IRE.

The footage looks normal on the camera's screen but when I bring it into premiere/resolve it shows clipping at 80%. This is happening with both BRAW and prores.

The only way I can fix it is by shooting BRAW and then changing the color science from Gen 5 to Gen 4 in resolve.

Do I have a defective unit?

Maybe you can provide a sample. This sound odd and interesting.

Michael Sandiford wrote:annnnnndddddddd still waiting. Apparently there's been an issue with getting them into the UK.

Maybe its time to change your dealer?

Michael Sandiford

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 7:30 am

TimFrank wrote:annnnnndddddddd still waiting. Apparently there's been an issue with getting them into the UK.

Yeah not gone the way I expected as they're official resellers but if there is a delay issue which I've been told there's a 4week wait from other dealers here in the UK, not sure I want you start from scratch again.

Sent from my G8341 using Tapatalk

Michael Sandiford

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 7:32 am

Double post for some reason.
Last edited by Michael Sandiford on Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tim Franks

PostWed Apr 21, 2021 8:46 am

Michael Sandiford wrote:
TimFrank wrote:annnnnndddddddd still waiting. Apparently there's been an issue with getting them into the UK.

Yeah not gone the way I expected as they're official resellers but if there is a delay issue which I've been told there's a 4week wait from other dealers here in the UK, not sure I want you start from scratch again.

Ordered two cameras from Thomann and they both came in on time.
They are out of Germany but they ship Europe wide.

Ryan Douthit

PostSat May 01, 2021 6:18 am

Just got in my 6k Pro... to go along with my 4k, Ursa G2 and... uh, Canon R5/R6. This will cut down one bag from my field shoots where I'd normally bring the Ursa. Paired with the R5 I should have most situations covered. I love the little viewfinder.

Michael Sandiford

PostSat May 01, 2021 6:48 am

Ryan Douthit wrote:Just got in my 6k Pro... to go along with my 4k, Ursa G2 and... uh, Canon R5/R6. This will cut down one bag from my field shoots where I'd normally bring the Ursa. Paired with the R5 I should have most situations covered. I love the little viewfinder.
Where are you based and when did you order it? Still no sign of mine.

dondidnod

PostSat May 01, 2021 1:26 pm

Kim Janson wrote:...And price not that much more than the pocket 6K Why would anyone by the old Pocket 6K?

What of you wanted to use a PL mount lens like a Cooke S4 mini? Most PL mount adapters don't work with these lenses, due to their protrusion into the area occupied by the 6K Pro's ND filters.

Problem PL lenses could be: Super16 Lenses, Canon K35 Primes, Cooke S4/i Primes, Cooke Mini S4/i Primes, Cooke Anamorphic/i Primes, Cooke Anamorphic/i Zoom, Zeiss Super Speed Mk III, Fujinon (10-90mm) and Leica Summicron-C (18mm).

These lenses are compatible only with the original BMPCC 6K modified with the Bezamod “deep mod” which sets deep in the camera and is not reversable.

We are still waiting to hear of the experience of anyone who has tried to use a PL mount conversion on them. It's been months since some of the posters on this thread said they would do this conversion. Wooden Cameras and Fotodiox doesn't mention them as being compatible on their websites.

Ryan Douthit

PostSat May 01, 2021 6:48 pm

Michael Sandiford wrote:
Ryan Douthit wrote:Just got in my 6k Pro... to go along with my 4k, Ursa G2 and... uh, Canon R5/R6. This will cut down one bag from my field shoots where I'd normally bring the Ursa. Paired with the R5 I should have most situations covered. I love the little viewfinder.
Where are you based and when did you order it? Still no sign of mine.

I’m in the USA. B&H had it in stock. Ordered on Wednesday, had it by Friday.

John Brawley

PostSat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

dondidnod wrote:
Kim Janson wrote:...And price not that much more than the pocket 6K Why would anyone by the old Pocket 6K?

What of you wanted to use a PL mount lens like a Cooke S4 mini? Most PL mount adapters don't work with these lenses, due to their protrusion into the area occupied by the 6K Pro's ND filters.

Problem PL lenses could be: Super16 Lenses, Canon K35 Primes, Cooke S4/i Primes, Cooke Mini S4/i Primes, Cooke Anamorphic/i Primes, Cooke Anamorphic/i Zoom, Zeiss Super Speed Mk III, Fujinon (10-90mm) and Leica Summicron-C (18mm).

These lenses are compatible only with the original BMPCC 6K modified with the Bezamod “deep mod” which sets deep in the camera and is not reversable.

We are still waiting to hear of the experience of anyone who has tried to use a PL mount conversion on them. It's been months since some of the posters on this thread said they would do this conversion. Wooden Cameras and Fotodiox doesn't mention them as being compatible on their websites.

Huh ? Sounds like some urban legend. It’s totally wrong.

The ND filters are behind the Sensor cover glass. Which is in the same place on all models.

I’ve been using PL lenses since the beginning.

Wooden Camera 6K PL Adaptor.

https://flic.kr/p/2kDSwEw

JB
John Brawley ACS
Cinematographer
Currently - Los Angeles

Michael Sandiford

PostFri May 14, 2021 5:16 pm

It arrived, at last! Image

Tim Franks

PostSat May 15, 2021 8:25 am

Congrats man! have fun with it, as yo know it is a pretty cool camera.

Michael Sandiford

PostSat May 15, 2021 10:42 am

I'm already blown away by it.

Paul Jonathan

PostMon May 24, 2021 1:16 pm

Anyone come up with a good solution to keep the eyecup on the EVF? Mine keeps falling off and I'm scared I will lose it eventually. Obviously the rubber is too big/flexible..

rick.lang

PostMon May 24, 2021 4:20 pm

Would some strategically placed strips of gaffer tape suffice to hold the cup to the eyepiece?

I’ve lost my foam eyecup on the BMVF for the URSA Mini several times while carrying the camera on exterior shoots but thankfully other people have noticed it and I’ve been fortunate to retrieve it. I bought two originally but haven’t needed to use the backup.

Now I’m very careful to check I have it when moving the camera and haven’t lost it, but I should tape mine too!
Rick Lang

John Richard

PostTue May 25, 2021 12:56 pm

I simply used a small plastic cable tie at the location where the eye cup mounts onto the cam. All good for almost a couple of months.

Friesenpeter

PostSat Aug 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Hallo,
ich besitze noch die Pocket 6 k und hatte überlegt die 6K Pro zu kaufen.
Meine 6k ist seit 6 Wochen zur Reparatur , noch innerhalb der Garantiezeit ! Es ist noch kein Ende absehbar, d.h. BM äußert sich gar nicht.
Das ist natürlich nicht verkaufsfördernd. also wir keine 6K pro gekauft.
Gruß Peter

Uli Plank

PostTue Aug 17, 2021 8:49 am

It would be more polite to write in English in this forum, Peter.
There is a German forum if you need it: http://www.davinci-resolve-forum.de

And then, where did you send it? Through a German dealer or straight to Britain?
Brexit is causing a lot of delays these days.
If it went to the dealer you can set a time limit. European consumer laws are pretty strict regarding warranty.
No, an iGPU is not enough, and you can't use HEVC 10 bit 4:2:2 in the free version.

Studio 18.6.5, MacOS 13.6.5
MacBook M1 Pro, 16 GPU cores, 32 GB RAM and iPhone 15 Pro
Speed Editor, UltraStudio Monitor 3G, iMac 2017, eGPU

SalopFilms

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 5:59 pm

I have been looking to buy the 6K Pro but a client of mine does insist on images, which of course I have been doing with my now old Nikon. I know that the 6K/6K Pro does take images but I am finding it impossible to get a few of these images from my supplier, and I would really appreciate anyone who has some DNG stills from the 6K Pro so I can evaluate (as does my client) whether they would be acceptable.

So I'm asking if anyone can throw me a lifeline, it would be appreciated.

Thank you, Scott

Ellory Yu

PostFri Oct 22, 2021 7:19 pm

SalopFilms wrote:I have been looking to buy the 6K Pro but a client of mine does insist on images, which of course I have been doing with my now old Nikon. I know that the 6K/6K Pro does take images but I am finding it impossible to get a few of these images from my supplier, and I would really appreciate anyone who has some DNG stills from the 6K Pro so I can evaluate (as does my client) whether they would be acceptable.

So I'm asking if anyone can throw me a lifeline, it would be appreciated.

Thank you, Scott

Scott, the Blackmagic Cameras are predominantly designed to be cinema cameras. It was and is never to be meant as a hybrid still/video camera. It does have the ability to shot stills but the point of having that feature and its usefulness is so that cinematographers can take reference stills on set/on location for the purpose of having reference for continuity and similar cases. If your client insist on still pictures from you and there are expectations of high image quality for blown up use or the like, I don't recommend taking it using the BMD Pocket 6K Pro, or for that matter any of the BMD cameras. If it is just for social media (i.e. Instagram) posting, it will suffice.
URSA Mini Pro 4.6K G2, Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K, Panasonic GH5
PC Workstation Core I7 64Gb, 2 x AMD R9 390X 8Gb, Blackmagic Design DeckLink 4K Mini Monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, Resolve Studio 18, BM Micro Panel & Speed Editor
PreviousNext

Return to Cinematography