Duclos Cine-Conversion suitable?

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Stefan Longin

Duclos Cine-Conversion suitable?

PostFri Sep 28, 2012 10:01 pm

I am thinking about the Duclos Cine-Conversion of the Tokina 11-16 with EF mount. It's all manual in focus, zoom and aperture - will it work with the BMDCC EF mount? Duclos has a queue of 5-6 month, so ordering the camera and the lens today probably will match in delivery date.
S. Long

Joel Crane

Re: Duclos Cine-Conversion suitable?

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 6:56 am

My friend uses his PL mount version with his RED Epic and it's always fun when we bring it out. Produces some damn fine images. I can't see why it wouldn't be just as good with the BMC.

Joel Crane

- Photographer - Filmmaker - Superhero -
www.joelcranephotography.com

Stefan Longin

PostSat Sep 29, 2012 9:29 am

thanks Joel. Good to hear! I wonder how or if it works with full mechanical lens aperture and EF mount?
S. Long

Vince Gaffney

PostMon Oct 01, 2012 9:15 pm

I sent a Nikon mount 11-16 Tokina to Matthew for a cinemod. It's getting hood, and gears. I went Nikon mount for a few reasons. The Tokina performs like a Nikon G mount with internal aperture control. I have an MTF G mount adapter for my F3 and it provides iris control of G type nikon lenses. I have the same adapter for Nikon G to m43. I grabbed another inexpensive Nikon G to EOS mout that also has aperture control. I will use that on the BMC canon mount until I get the M43 mount version. (I need the eos version first) I only like to work with manual controls so it's perfect.

And I can drop all the mounts and put it on my D7000.

Return to Cinematography