Bluetooth+ help please

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

Akpe Ododoru

Bluetooth+ help please

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 10:27 pm

So every time i connect my P6k Pro to the Bluetooth+ app on my iphone it connects and allow me control my camera, but after a while it disconnects and can't find the camera. I also had this same issue with my previous og p6k.
Anyone had this same issue, and how did you sort it out?

Phil999

Re: Bluetooth+ help please

PostThu Apr 08, 2021 11:16 pm

at the beginning there are often some connection problems, but after a couple of minutes it becomes stable. I see that in the app you mention and in other Bluetooth control apps for other devices.

Recently I've been working with the Bluetooth+ app on an iPhone and a pocket 4k, together with the Moza Master app on a Samsung phone and a Slypod. Both apps tend to disconnect once, twice, or more. Then after a while both apps remain connected and provide reliable control. Similar observation with the Aputure Sidus Link app. I have to reconnect once or twice to the fixtures, then it becomes reliable.

Akpe Ododoru

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 8:19 am

Phil999 wrote:at the beginning there are often some connection problems, but after a couple of minutes it becomes stable. I see that in the app you mention and in other Bluetooth control apps for other devices.

Recently I've been working with the Bluetooth+ app on an iPhone and a pocket 4k, together with the Moza Master app on a Samsung phone and a Slypod. Both apps tend to disconnect once, twice, or more. Then after a while both apps remain connected and provide reliable control. Similar observation with the Aputure Sidus Link app. I have to reconnect once or twice to the fixtures, then it becomes reliable.

I mainly use the Bluetooth+ app on an iPhone when am doing car shots (with CineEye transmitting to ipad). Bluetooth+ app works for a while and then disconnects and NEVER reconnects.

Am i suppose to turn off any settings on the phone?

Robert Niessner

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 11:33 am

Akpe, maybe that tip I gave in this thread might help:
viewtopic.php?p=559502#p559502

At least it's worth a try.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
--------------------------------
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Phil999

PostFri Apr 09, 2021 3:16 pm

before resetting Bluetooth I would try closing the app completely, then restarting the app.

Return to Cinematography