7.3 Style Color Calibration for the BlackMagic Video Assist

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

sahitanand

7.3 Style Color Calibration for the BlackMagic Video Assist

PostFri May 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi,

I've written here before regarding an issue that I'm facing with the BlackMagic Video Assist 12G monitor having a strange Pink Tint across it's input signal. Now considering that the 7.3 update for the BlackMagic Pocket cameras essentially fixed this issue with a color calibration option inside, can I expect the same to be released for the Video Assist as well. Would really appreciate it if someone from BlackMagic could comment on this. I love my video assist monitor and I hate to send it back and go through the entire hassle of returning and stuff. Especially since we're all reeling from the pandemic.

Thank You.

Jan Smykowski

Re: 7.3 Style Color Calibration for the BlackMagic Video Ass

PostFri May 07, 2021 3:10 pm

+1

Audix707

Re: 7.3 Style Color Calibration for the BlackMagic Video Ass

PostWed Jun 23, 2021 1:44 am

Hey,

Thought I would comment on here to say that I've been having the same issue for a while with my Blackmagic Video Assist 12G 5". We desperately need some colour calibration options on the monitor, even just a tint option at this stage would be enough!

As a workaround, I've been adding LUTS to my BMVA, with -5 tint increments. This really isn't a fix though, it's an absolute pain and it's never close to being correct.

Return to Cinematography