BMPCC4K 7.3 Update breaks Rec start/stop on RS2

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

johndus

BMPCC4K 7.3 Update breaks Rec start/stop on RS2

PostThu May 13, 2021 10:23 pm

Ugh devastated. I have 2 cameras and it was definitely the update. Hopefully BM fixes this as its one of the main reasons I sold my ronin-s.

Mike Potton

Re: BMPCC4K 7.3 Update breaks Rec start/stop on RS2

PostThu May 13, 2021 11:36 pm

Just roll back to any 6.xx firmware in the meantime.

But yes, it's a poor user experience when you have to find these things out the hard way. BMD should really be mention this in the release notes.

Robert Niessner

PostFri May 14, 2021 6:53 am

John, please - before posting an issue - could you do a search in the forum if the topic already exists?
You are not the first one to report this and every new users tends to open a new topic on the same issue which makes the forum a bit confusing.

I understand that this important for you, but for regular visitors this cluttering is slightly annoying.

Blackmagic has already stated in a longer thread about this that they are looking into the issue and are in contact with DJI.

And as Mike said - you can easily downgrade your firmware - so you are not stuck with the problem.
Hoping for a quick solution myself as I do own the RS2 myself.
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
--------------------------------
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Mike Potton

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:23 am

The reason we have duplicate posts is kinda BMD's issue, they have a habit of releasing untested (at worst) or un-documented (at best) firmware updates. They don't communicate via release notes that there are known issues, people keep updating in good faith, find a fault and post. Often the other threads have fallen off the main page.

7.3 breaks gimbal control, what's the harm in noting this in the release notes and keeping users informed? It's pretty simple stuff really.

7.3 also introduces timecode via XLR input, thats kinda neat, but also oddly not documented.

CaptainHook

Blackmagic Design

PostFri May 14, 2021 9:52 am

**Any post by me prior to Aug 2014 was before i started working for Blackmagic**

Robert Niessner

PostSat May 15, 2021 5:18 am

Mike Potton wrote:The reason we have duplicate posts is kinda BMD's issue, they have a habit of releasing untested (at worst) or un-documented (at best) firmware updates. They don't communicate via release notes that there are known issues, people keep updating in good faith, find a fault and post. Often the other threads have fallen off the main page.

7.3 breaks gimbal control, what's the harm in noting this in the release notes and keeping users informed? It's pretty simple stuff really.

7.3 also introduces timecode via XLR input, thats kinda neat, but also oddly not documented.

Agree to all. But is it asking too much to use the forum search before posting an issue? The probability is high that someone else got the same issue and had already posted about it...
Saying "Thx for help!" is not a crime.
Robert Niessner
LAUFBILDkommission
Graz / Austria
Blackmagic Camera Blog (German):
http://laufbildkommission.wordpress.com

Read the blog in English via Google Translate:
http://tinyurl.com/pjf6a3m

Return to Cinematography