RAW pics with Bmpcc6k

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

arthography

RAW pics with Bmpcc6k

PostTue Jun 15, 2021 4:36 pm

hi,

I'm thinking about getting the BMPCC6k but nobody in sales at Blackmagic can send me some RAW pictures taken with it. I want to know how much I can rely on it to take good pictures (I'm first of all a photographer).

Can anybody here who owns it take some pictures with and send me the RAWs? I mean shot as picture not taken as a still from a video.

Kind regards, I.

Jim Simon

Re: RAW pics with Bmpcc6k

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 4:24 pm

The Pocket is a Cinema camera.

If you want professional stills, buy a Canon. ;)
My Biases:

You NEED training.
You NEED a desktop.
You NEED a calibrated (non-computer) display.

carlomacchiavello

PostWed Jun 16, 2021 4:55 pm

Jim Simon wrote:The Pocket is a Cinema camera.

If you want professional stills, buy a Canon. ;)
If you want a professional still forget Canon, go to mid format Fuji.
Ps it’s a joke, I had in my life all brand of dslr, canon, Sony, Fuji (time when them produce dslr), Panasonic and more…

Actually I not think to have dng from my pocket 6k, and today is to my friend, when it back I’m happy to give you a sample of dng.
In the same time you can see an article that I wrote years ago about shooting photo with cinema camera.

https://www.macchiavello.com/wp/en/shoo ... a-cameras/

Here you can see test and comparison (you can download original raw files) between dng uncompressed and still braw extracted from shooting braw 3:1.
I know that are from pocket4k, but with pocket6k you can have same result about quality of extracted still, obviously like I explain in the article you should shoot video like photo style, I mean high speed shutter and other rules.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

Akpe Ododoru

PostThu Jun 17, 2021 11:16 am

arthography wrote:hi,

I'm thinking about getting the BMPCC6k but nobody in sales at Blackmagic can send me some RAW pictures taken with it. I want to know how much I can rely on it to take good pictures (I'm first of all a photographer).

Can anybody here who owns it take some pictures with and send me the RAWs? I mean shot as picture not taken as a still from a video.

Kind regards, I.

Yes you can definitely take pictures with the P6K, i do that with mine all the time when am on set filming. You can't use it with flash light though. The pics comes out as DNG files which you can open up in Photoshop. Image quality looks really good also
Akpe Ododoru
Cinematographer
London
www.akpe.co.uk

Return to Cinematography