BMPCC 6k pro died - Amber/Red light flashing

The place for questions about shooting with Blackmagic Cameras.
  • Author

tonydeansmith

BMPCC 6k pro died - Amber/Red light flashing

PostSun Aug 01, 2021 5:56 am

Hi there. I was literally just testing out my new camera. I have had it in the box for a few months, but I've been busy - and within 10 minutes of shooting, it died. And now it has an orange(amber) and red flashing light where the power light should be. It won't work with batteries or with the power supply. I have removed the battery grip, removed the internal battery - and even with the power supply - it just flashes amber/red. Incredibly frustrating. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. Tony

Dele Taiwo

Re: BMPCC 6k pro died - Amber/Red light flashing

PostTue Aug 03, 2021 1:47 pm

Hi, I would love to find out more has I just purchased the 6k Pro as well. did you unit overheat or felt to hot to touch by the hand or grip area.

what batteries where you using, did you also have the battery grip, or external D-tap v mount battery or was it a Tilta handle grip with the battery attachment? or where you using a combination of all of this batter solution at once. i.e battery grip + Dtap or BG+ Tilta handle power R/S handle. or none.

what was the voltage reading before it died if you remember at all.
    TR40 3970x 3.7Ghz
    256GB DDR4 3200Mhz
    Gigabyte TRX40 AORUS EXTREME
    2x Radeon VII-16GB
    MEDIA:[35.8TB]R:680MB/s W:650MB/s
    SCRATCH:[4TB]R:7850MB/s W:4455MB/s
    NAS 2:[44.3TB]R:450MB/s W: 278MB/s
    NAS 3:[100TB]R:940MB/s W:888MB/s
    5K LG +4K LG & 4K Sony TV

RodrigoAlexisDP

Re: BMPCC 6k pro died - Amber/Red light flashing

PostMon Jan 03, 2022 8:30 pm

tonydeansmith wrote:Hi there. I was literally just testing out my new camera. I have had it in the box for a few months, but I've been busy - and within 10 minutes of shooting, it died. And now it has an orange(amber) and red flashing light where the power light should be. It won't work with batteries or with the power supply. I have removed the battery grip, removed the internal battery - and even with the power supply - it just flashes amber/red. Incredibly frustrating. Has anyone experienced this? Thanks. Tony

The same thing happened to me, my camera is dead.
Did you get any solution?

Return to Cinematography